Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:21 AM

Open Letter To Ali Olanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Ali Olanusi (240 Views)

Philip Shuibu, Garba Gadi, & Ali Olanusi… 8 Other Deputy Governors Impeached In / Ondo 2020: Ali Olanusi Reveals Why APC May Lose Governorship Election / Ondo APC To Olanusi: Behave Like A Statesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Ali Olanusi by Ayodejitosure(m): 10:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
OPEN LETTER TO ALHAJI ALI OLANUSI
Dear Baba,
I write in response to the petition written by a group called Concerned Leaders of APC to the National Leadership of the Party on the alleged role played by Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, his Deputy, the State Chairman of the Party and the Secretary to the State Government in the February 23rd Presidential and National Legislature Elections. The petition was reportedly signed by you.
Baba, to allow yourself to be used to do a shameful job at your age is not only shameful but also mirrors your desperation to stay relevant in a political game where you should have honourably retired.
I want to believe that you did not write that petition with your own hands however the fact that you signed it made you culpable. The fact that you alone signed it also shows that you are alone and no longer commands any form of relevance and if that is not true it shows that the allegation of selfishness and egocentrism levelled against you by your principal Dr. Olusegun Mimiko was not a figment of his imagination buy a true reflection of your character which you have found a way to bury under a subterfuge of a quiet look.
The language of your petition sounds like the rancorous rambling of a drunken man. I have read through it and I have found no substantial evidence in the entire write-up. As an elder did you call the Governor when all the events you alleged was taking place?
Baba, to the best of my knowledge you were alive and well when the National Leadership of the Party went against all Principle of Internal Democracy to handpicked candidates for all the Senatorial Districts in the State. I am “concerned” that you did not show your Elderly concern until now. Why do you always prefer to play the Alabosi style of politics?
I remember vividly that you were a part of the Akoko Committee that could not pick a consensus candidate for the Governorship Election and I remember Gani Muhamed Ajowa calling you a leader that is not unifying. Now I get it.
One of the good things that this government is noted for is its financial transparency. To allege that the Governor diverted the funds for the election is outright deceit. It is true that when the governor could not get the National Leadership of the Party to test the popularity of their handpicked candidates in a Primary Election within the party, he could not prevent the aggrieved candidate from trying their luck elsewhere. It is not true that he used the Party’s money or any money whatsoever to support them.
Alhaji as an elder that is “concerned” you should be seriously “concerned” about why the leadership of the party to whom you have allegedly shown your concern prefers imposition to Primary Election. It is my believe that any member of the party who has constitutionally met the requirement of the party should be allowed to test his popularity. It does not matter even if only him voted for himself.
You accused Agboola Ajayi of supporting AA. Ah Baba, I am a Christian and the Bible says that “grey hair is a crown” but you are wearing your own upside down. An Elder should not be telling Ojukoroju (barefaced) lies.
Not satisfied your cornered Ade-Adetimehin into the game. Do you think any candidate could have beaten the candidate of the SDP in Idanre with his youthful appeal and huge financial war chest? Especially when the National Leadership of the Party decided to impose a grossly unpopular and non performing candidate of the Party. The candidate Baderinwa white is publicly known as one of the House of Representatives member who went to the green chamber to admire others talk without talking.
Finally when you had nothing more to say you mentioned the name of Hon. Ifedayo Abegunde. You alleged that he supported PDP. Baba you were once the Chairman of PDP in this State and I know you will still have some of your old colleagues in the Party (at least Omolade Oluwateru is still there). Call them and ask if Hon. Abengude gave their party any breathing space in Akure.
PDP won the Reps seat in Akure because it presented an extremely popular and generous candidate while the APC imposed one Afe Olowookere whose stinginess is legendary and unparallel. Olowookere name was submitted to INEC despite the fact that a Primary Election has been conducted and won by one Jimi Faloye. The Primary was conducted in the presence of INEC before the National Leadership of the Party produced Olowookere from the backdoor. His loss was colossal. A court of competent jurisdiction letter disqualified him but that was after the did has been done.
Alhaji, as an elder your greatest contribution to the party should not be to see it become a den of robbers but to ensure that the National leadership of the Party no longer use the State chapter of our Party as testing ground for unusual political experiments. Ondo State people are people of dignity we are not lab rats.
I pray that the Almighty Allah will give you long life and good health to re-write this grievous error you have committed.
Assalam Alekun.

Gbenga Ogunkuade

(1) (Reply)

Police Recover Vehicle Abductors Used To Kidnap Buhari Minister’s Son In Ibadan / Video: Governor Ayade hands -On as Cross River begins supply of rice seedlings / Edo Assembly Crisis: South-south APC Calls For Caution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.