Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,982 members, 7,896,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 08:18 AM

FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference (8723 Views)

Poll: Who is to blame?

FIFA: 53% (32 votes)
Govt.: 46% (28 votes)
This poll has ended

BREAKING: FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini For Eight Years / FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by OMOTOLAR1: 9:05am On Oct 05, 2010
I tink d slave trade is over bt wat rubbish am earrin 4FIFA, if i may ask, 're dey d 1rulin our proudly nation?
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by seedord247(m): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2010
OMOTOLA.R:

I tink d slave trade is over bt wat rubbish am earrin 4FIFA, if i may ask, 're dey d 1rulin our proudly nation?

Who told you the slave trade is over, can you go to all this Indian company here in Nigeria and see how these naughty people treat Nigerians, you will know that the slave trade just begin.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by bisiaet: 9:55am On Oct 05, 2010
Sorry to say this FIFA must be mad by this decision though I did agreed there are lots of unresolved issue so what degree does that stand that will now make FIFA made such decision. Election was held and some group were not happy and they went to court to address or say their view so what has that need to do with FIFA to sanction Nigeria.

Was it not this same A S S H O L E FIFA that kicked against GeJ when he disbanded NFF? So what a hell is it they are talking about now? For whateve reason they gave I dont want to know and I dont f u c k i n g care they have no such right to put Nigeria off the scene for just an internal row or court injuctions. F U C K YOU Fifa and go to hell OK.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by tkb417(m): 10:19am On Oct 05, 2010
Did they ban the veiwing centers that show Premiership and La Liga abi whats with the hue and cry

if we cant play football, then too sad for footballers

as for football fans, u an always watch european leagues

damn FIFA, NFF and what have you

im not interested
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by omar22(m): 10:21am On Oct 05, 2010
Investigators accuse former federation president Sani Lulu, ex-vice president Amanze Ugbulam, former technical committee member Taiwo Ogunjobi and ex-general secretary Bolaji Ojo-Oba of embezzling more than $6 million in tournament funding.

The four are accused of buying inferior buses for the team and keeping the remaining money. They also purportedly paid out $800,000 in travel costs for 220 delegates to the World Cup in South Africa. Of those, only 47 were federation officials with the rest being the men's "friends, associates, girlfriends and relations," said Femi Babafemi, a spokesman for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Who cares, A country ruled by pigs, its like reading Animal Farm,
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by eghost247(m): 10:43am On Oct 05, 2010
yeah who cares
how many of u
watch the local league anyway
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by omar22(m): 10:58am On Oct 05, 2010
yeah who cares
how many of u
watch the local league anyway

Its been coming, its got nothing to do with the league, I could remember 2or3 months ago during the election for the chairman of the NFF, and the asked each state fa to nominate a candidate this gave the initiative to the government to get involved, the NFF is been used as a cash for some people, a certain year the NFF and NPL fought bitterly of the money from the phone compan to promote the league, I guess until when one of these ban hits home then we would clean up our house,
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by waledoy(m): 11:00am On Oct 05, 2010
very bad for our Football they want to kill footy in this country because of individual interest, we dont need to blame FIFA the rules and regulation are there to govern every nations involve and you dont expect FIFA to bent it because of some useless Administrators.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by medjai(m): 11:33am On Oct 05, 2010
Thank you FIFA, the ban is long overdue.
Thank you Yakubu, what a butterfly effect has your 1 metre to goal miss against Korea had on our football. If you hadnt missed, Lulu and his cohorts will still be in office and will be preparing for a second term after a 'successful' world cup. Lagerback will still be in charge of the super eagles earning jumbo pay.
Thank you all, your contributions are invalauble
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by missionma(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2010
embarassed
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by DARA1234: 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2010
This is it
If the government is sincere, do the right thing that will be apparent for all to see;
1. do not beg FIFA,
2.Charge and properly prosecute the thiefing officials
3.Set up a committee of qualified football administrators to run the Nations football for a year, this should include our educated international footballers; Okocha, Keshi, Siasia, Oliseh, Yekini, Fash etc
4. Get the banks involved for sponsorships
5. Get the above to set up a committee to turn around Nigeria football; League, Youth development, International friendlies outside FIFA's control.
6.Call FIFA and then do new elections with FIFA approval, by then we would have weaned the Sport of politicians and have only professionals.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by joesbuba: 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2010
i blame fifa they should have respect for the law of our land,fifa can go to hell they will all miss 9ja because goodluck don't have time for that now, busy with security issue
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by kayjegs: 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2010
It is a welcome development. Ask Brazil, Germany, England, Holland and other Nations how their FAs are being run. Why is it only Nigeria. Let the truth be told, Government is always interferring, either putting their own man there or something.
There must be a change from the system. Let's see how it is being run in other places and stop blaming FIFA. These things are simple and Nigerians would not want to understand. Imagine our local league saying NO RELEGATION, What is the meaning of that?
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by lekside44(m): 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2010
at last, not a ban from Jonathan, but fifa
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Marymos: 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2010
FIFA is not above the law of Nigeria.Infact FG should stop interfering in football matters in the country and at the same time they should not contribute a kobo to the running of football in Nigeria lets see if the so called FIFA will be able to fund football in Nigeria.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by JBL316: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2010
FIFA shenge!!!!
No mind FIFA jarey, make the law take im course.
When dem don send tiff tiff people go jail finish we can then re-apply
Continue the circle again if we catch other tiffs in the glass house
FIFA shenge!!!!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2010
Whatever!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by dozai: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2010
For once we will never get anything right. We are so greedy that it blindfolds us from good things. First they elongated the tenure of state FA chairmen so they can vote twice in one tenure. That is madness for crying out loud. It was a very simple thing. How on earth can a sitting state FA rep vote twice in one tenure? Who changed it and what was his motive This was not addressed. Invariably, the playing field was not level for all the contestants.

I think FIFA has helped us to do what GEJ wanted to do. Now we have to put our house in order by force.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by rasputinn(m): 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2010
Which government interference,was it the government that took those reprobates to court?in any case this is the best news that I've heard concerning the running of Nigeria's football in over a decade
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by mensdept: 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2010
dozai:

For once we will never get anything right. We are so greedy that it blindfolds us from good things. First they elongated the tenure of state FA chairmen so they can vote twice in one tenure. That is madness for crying out loud. It was a very simple thing. How on earth can a sitting state FA rep vote twice in one tenure? Who changed it and what was his motive This was not addressed. Invariably, the playing field was not level for all the contestants.

I think FIFA has helped us to do what GEJ wanted to do. Now we have to put our house in order by force.

Right on.

Even if FIFA bans Naija until 2014, so?

It just seems as if Naija people who are blaming FIFA are [b]embarrassed [/b]about the whole ordeal. We need to stop overlooking the obvious, which is we as a Nation along with our national teams are not to par.

When was the last time Naija won a game at the World Cup, yes thats right, 1998. What about winning the Nations Cup? 1994.

So lets put our house in order. Duuuuuuh!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by soloqy: 11:40pm On Oct 05, 2010
FIFA was totally embarrased when GJ withdrew us from all their competitions. They just wanted to be the ones that imposed the ban and not the other way round.

The laws of the land is still paramount. And the thieves at NFF should have respected the laws of the land instead of running to their other partners in crime at FIFA.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by honeric01(m): 12:14am On Oct 06, 2010
NOW, LETS CONCENTRATE ON THE LOCAL LEAGUE, BUT THEN I STILL WANT BIO FIRED, PATRICK EKEJI SACKED AND ALSO ALL THE POT BELLIES LEFT,

enough of all the disgrace they have brought to this country. angry

Bio, the fact that you went ahead to call back all the 4 relegated teams, you should be sacked with immediate effect

THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT THE SPONSOR OF THE LOCAL LEAGUE, THEIR MONEY IS NOT IN THE LEAGUE, THE LEAGUE IS A PRIVATE ENTITY, SO WHAT RIGHT HAS BIO GOT TO DICTATE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE LEAGUE? undecided angry

just like the DSTV basket ball league, the sport ministry does not have any right in that league because it's a privately run league, financed and manage by DSTV alone. kiss

HOW MUCH HAS THE GOVERNMENT PUT IN THE LOCAL LEAGUE? THE LOCAL LEAGUE ALWAYS FUNDS ITSELF THROUGH SPONSORS AND ALL THAT, WHO GAVE BIO THE RIGHT TO INTERFERE IN A PRIVATELY RUN LEAGUE? so i am happy that at least FIFA used this as one of the reasons to ban NIGERIA. embarassed

IF UNA LIKE, DO THE RIGHT THING, IF UNA NO LIKE, MAKE UNA CONTINUE DEY PLAY INSIDE UNA URINE. angry

SENSELESS BUNCH OF PEOPLE angry
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by manmustwac(m): 12:26am On Oct 06, 2010
Ban or no ban nigerian football will never progress because we are so greedy and corrupt at heart.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by honeric01(m): 1:26am On Oct 06, 2010
^^^^

football will never [/b]progress because [size=15pt][b]we [/size]are so greedy and corrupt at heart

Borrowing your own words, can you ever progress? or lemme put it this way, personally you have never progressed since you are so greedy and corrupt at heart right? undecided
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by rasputinn(m): 8:40am On Oct 06, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

football will never [/b]progress because [size=15pt][b]we [/size]are so greedy and corrupt at heart

Borrowing your own words, can you ever progress? or lemme put it this way, personally you have never progressed since you are so greedy and corrupt at heart right? undecided

Hehe hehehehe hehehehehehe

He should speak for himself abi grin
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by yousouph(m): 8:52am On Oct 06, 2010
The GOVT wouldn't have interfered if the OLORIKENDI's in NFF do their job right.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by nateevs(m): 10:09am On Oct 06, 2010
Now where's TKB?
We tackled this problem only a few months ago. You and a few guys were trying to prove to me why it is wrong for GEJ to act the way he did. I told you we had so much corruption in the system. Now NFF officials disobey court orders still under the umbrella of "una no fit catch us" . . .

As long as we continue to let these non-footballing dudes run football, nothing will happen. Let's put ex-pros in charge of football. People like Oliseh, Okocha and Kanu are filthy rich. . . They've made millions and their first instinct is not to enrich themselves. Although while being an ex-pro does not translate into profound football management skills, they can't be worse than the cretins we have in there now.

These guys have exposure having played in numerous countries and under different league systems, they have foreign links and can borrow/learn a thing or two.

The ban was going to happen, it was just a matter of time. As long as government funds football, there will be interference.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by HAH: 11:05am On Oct 06, 2010
I dont know why some people are against FIFA the issues they based there banning are:

1, Court action by an association that is not registered with NFF
2, The government deciding that no team will be relagated from our league and promoting four other teams to join the elite league making the league to 24 teams and 8 teams will be relegated next season

NOW

1, The association that took the duely elected NFF to court is not registered by NFF as such they are not party to anything that has to do with NFF, Lawyers can testify to this fact

2, why will the minister decide that we will have 24 teams instead of 20, just because some teams were relagated un duely , Now in the EPL even if you take the ball with your hand and score glaringly and the referee said is a goal the score remains, then the FA penalise the offcial but not award the game to opponent, but in nigeria because we have politician that need to protect their interest they went ahead to say no team will be relagated because they were cheated and we will have 24 teams and next year 8 team will be relagated. THIS IS HYPOCRACY
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Jencejyde(m): 11:13am On Oct 06, 2010
nateevs:

Now where's TKB?
We tackled this problem only a few months ago. You and a few guys were trying to prove to me why it is wrong for GEJ to act the way he did. I told you we had so much corruption in the system. Now NFF officials disobey court orders still under the umbrella of "una no fit catch us" . . .

As long as we continue to let these non-footballing dudes run football, nothing will happen. Let's put ex-pros in charge of football. People like Oliseh, Okocha and Kanu are filthy rich. . . They've made millions and their first instinct is not to enrich themselves. Although while being an ex-pro does not translate into profound football management skills, they can't be worse than the cretins we have in there now.

These guys have exposure having played in numerous countries and under different league systems, they have foreign links and can borrow/learn a thing or two.

The ban was going to happen, it was just a matter of time. As long as government funds football, there will be interference.
 Well said !

Now again, why do we blame fifa if we as Nigerians fail to tell ourselves the truth, have we managed our football properly in the last 10 or so years?

We keep on running away from our fears until it finally destroys us. Who now suffers the ban, The corrupt Nff officials or you and i, the sports loving people. People who feel united and cast away sorrows when they gather to watch a football match.?111!! tell me!! WHO!!

For me, i would say, let Fifa apply their rules but we as a Nation do not have t o beg anyone to inorder to handle our own mess,

If it takes us two years to solve our problems of football then let us solve it once and for all, and put strong measures to prevent this occurence, of course our players will suffer for it, the good people of this nation will suffer for it and the corrupt ones will finally be shown the way out never to be allowed in again.  

Problem is are we ready to make Sacrifices concerning our football, Its a shame that we find ourselves in such a situation but the truth be told we have a responsibiltiy to correct our own mess and not blame Fifa for any action, its very simple, if you want to be part of us(FIFA), then you must do this and this, otherwise you can't be part of us,

In our own case, we cant abide by those rules because we are living under the principle of who "pays the piper dictates the tune", There will always and i repeat always be interference,

I honestly hope we dont lose our best talents to other nations in this period but then we cant blame anyone who decides to play for an adopted country knowing the situation we are in right now.

May God help us as we also help ourselves.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by basking4me: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2010
People, lets get serious, we have long neglected other sports in favour of FOOTBALL, let FIFA ban us for life, at least INDIANS dont play FOOTBALL and the are happy, is it a must that we have to appear for football anywhere and at the end of the day we still get our hearts broken by our shameful failures.

I vote that the NFF be changed to ''Youth sports Programme'' 'YEP' and all its fundings be diverted for local sports like Ayoo and draft and ten-ten, tales by moonlight and other recreational activities, it pays better that way.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by manmustwac(m): 1:25pm On Oct 06, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

Am just being realistic about the nigerian society as a whole. I don't even believe that anything much will change when fifa eventually lift the ban. The nigerian society and mindset has to change not just the NFF.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by nearest(m): 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2010
I don't get why people feel govt should not interfer with the running of football in nigeria,fifa has its rules and in nigeria the constitution is supreme. A bunch of people have mastered the art of perpetuating themselves in office under the slogan ' fifa rules prohibits govt interference in football', they embezzle funds meant for the development of the game, imagin nigeria taking over 400 official delegates to the world cup when other countries took less than 50, and my question is this, is it right for a few to be under the constitution of fifa and not subject to the constitution of nigeria when most of their activities are funded by the nigeria govt? if fifa wants no govt control in football, then it should fund it exclusively, even at that the citizens of nigeria working for fifa with that arrangement will still be subject the laws of the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Week 15 Uk Football Pool Fixtures / AFCON 2019: Baxter Quits As South Africa Coach After Flop / Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.