Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,538 members, 7,965,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 09:16 AM

INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times (22955 Views)

NIMASA To Relocate Head Office To VI, Gets ₦17.47 Billion FEC Approval / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Racoon(m): 9:51am On Jun 19, 2019
-First:"INEC does not have a server" (even in a more sophisticated 21st century electoral process).

-Second: "INEC Only Experimented With Server But Not For 2019 Election."

-Third: "It Is Illegal(For INEC) To Transmit Election Results Electronically-Attahiru Jega.

-Fourth: "INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election."

-Fifth:"Buhari Didn't Release Budget On Time So We Couldn't Deploy Server -INEC
Zombies abeg make una explain.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by eagleeye2: 9:52am On Jun 19, 2019
Why are men of 'integrity' keeping quiet all of a sudden?

2 Likes

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Maxymilliano(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2019
If you take lie as a profession, you must have good memories to articulate and defend your lies ...

We are edging closer to the truth.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by vineyardfarms: 9:58am On Jun 19, 2019
Correctgist:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/335577-inec-received-n1-47-billion-for-servers-ahead-of-2019-election.html
N1.47 BILLION RECEIVED BY INEC YAKUBU FOR SERVERS AHEAD OF 2019 ELECTION. YAKUBU YOU CANNOT BURRY THE TRUTH

1 Like

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Enyimbamercedes: 9:58am On Jun 19, 2019
1.47 billion for server! That server better be serving Nigerian dishes!!!

This is typical government agency behavior. Over-inflated budgets but one thing they didn't bargain for was that this server will play a big role in the election. Now the server breeze will blow and expose the INEC

3 Likes

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 19, 2019
Racoon:

Zombies abeg make una explain.

It really is simple ....(and note, I'm neutral in this...I don't like either party APC or PDP...two sides of the same old coin).

There was an electoral bill, which was apparently ammended to include electronic transmission of results...but the bill was not signed...so electronic transmission of results , if INEC had done so would have been illegal.

Also, INEC does have a server. What we are quibbling about is whether they have a server exculsively for results transmission. What's not in dispute is the fact that INEC has a server that contains the entire voter database.

INEC had experimented with transmission of results in the past...but since the bill for the 2019 election that would have made it legal was not passed...therefore INEC transmitted results manually as usual.
Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Psoul(m): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2019
What bulshit is happening in this country. What is really wrong with us?

A spokesperson for the commission, Festus Okoye, told PREMIUM TIMES the budget for servers was made in anticipation that President Buhari would sign the amended Electoral Act to allow electronic transfer of voting results.

You went ahead to buy something of such a huge sum even before getting approval. Who does that.

Then on the other side, budget for server was granted when they know full well that they will not allow them to use server or transmit election results electronically. Who are these people trying to play with.

Is this how they manage our collective resources?

2 Likes

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by mrsfavour(f): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2019
hope we have good lawyers to ask yakubu and jega good questions ?

1 Like

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Raheminx: 10:06am On Jun 19, 2019
[
Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Femeto: 10:08am On Jun 19, 2019
What didn't they collect money for even purchase of dogs and feeding of dogs. INEC have failed themselves. Atiku has a point to use to win the case at the tribunal already because they came out to say they were going to use the servers to store results from each polling units simultaneously.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Donchukz(m): 10:11am On Jun 19, 2019
Mr. INEC,since u don't have servers to transmit the result,but the question remains,was the money used for what it was meant for,if not; make Una return our #1.47b nah,abi snake don swallow the money,lets wait and watch,as things unfold

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by nwakibie3(m): 10:12am On Jun 19, 2019
Femeto:
What didn't they collect money for even purchase of dogs and feeding of dogs. INEC have failed themselves. Atiku has a point to use to win the case at the tribunal already because they came out to say they were going to use the servers to store results from each polling units simultaneously.

bro did u see any dog or horse at the pooling units? grin grin

remember they also collected millions to feed dogs and horses

Nobody has asked inec about that.

i dont think this country will get better again

4 Likes

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Psoul(m): 10:14am On Jun 19, 2019
tactius:

It really is simple ....(and note, I'm neutral in this...I don't like either party APC or PDP...two sides of the same old coin).

There was an electoral bill, which was apparently ammended to include electronic transmission of results...but the bill was not signed...so electronic transmission of results , if INEC had done so would have been illegal.

Also, INEC does have a server. What we are quibbling about is whether they have a server exculsively for results transmission. What's not in dispute is the fact that INEC has a server that contains the entire voter database.

INEC had experimented with transmission of results in the past...but since the bill for the 2019 election that would have made it legal was not passed...therefore INEC transmitted results manually as usual.

INEC experimented with wt was not approved. They experimented with what is tagged illegal and u/INEC have the guts to say it out.
If electronic transmission of electoral results is unconstitutional, why would they even go ahead to test-run it. Which part of the electoral act or our constitution permitted that experiment?

Secondly, are they supposed to acquire those devices meant for electronic transmission of electoral results before it is assented by the Legislators and the President. Why should they acquire with the constitution prohibits.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Unclesamo(m): 10:14am On Jun 19, 2019
The mysterious Server though. it will keep getting Better

1 Like

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 19, 2019
pathetic govt of thieves, by thieves, for numbskulls!
Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Ayasayas(m): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2019
Something that is clear too they are still lying, God will help us .
Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Femeto: 10:17am On Jun 19, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:
1.47 billion for server! That server better be serving Nigerian dishes!!!

This is typical government agency behavior. Over-inflated budgets but one thing they didn't bargain for was that this server will play a big role in the election. Now the server breeze will blow and expose the INEC
They are thiefs.Each server should cost around 3 million naira. Are they saying they bought about 350 servers? INEC is a scam. Yakubu should be arrested with immediate effect.
Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by sunkoye: 10:19am On Jun 19, 2019
Wia is that evil keyamo?
Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by mistyebby(f): 10:19am On Jun 19, 2019
Racoon:
Finally, now that the controversy that INEC planned & appropriate money for server in the 2019 electoral budget has been laid to rest,abeg it's still Illegal to transmit election results electronically oga Jega cum INEC?

Or is INEC simply telling Nigerians that its collected Nigerian money to carry out an illegally? No matter how long, truth always catch up with lies.Just imagine how these imbeciles have made Nigeria a sorry object of mockery.I'm laughing @ the stupidity of INEC, APC, Festus Keyamo and Attahiru Jega.

Abeg where are all the high graded zombies of this useless & irresponsible government? All running to nowhere as it's always difficult for liars to retrace their footsteps because they don't keep track of how much lies they have told.

Meanwhile,
https://www.thecable.ng/presiding-officers-we-transmitted-election-results-to-inec-server/amp

INEC is a disgrace under this government.No matter what the truth always prevail.Shame on INEC.So when will Prof.Mamud Yakubu be arrested and prosecuted. sad

High graded Zombies cheesy cheesy
Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Racoon(m): 10:20am On Jun 19, 2019
Psoul:
-1).INEC experimented with was was not approved. They experimented with what is tagged illegal and u/INEC have the guts to say it out.

If electronic transmission of electoral results is unconstitutional, why would they even go ahead to test-run it. Which part of the electoral act or our constitution permitted that experiment?

-2).Secondly, are they supposed to acquire those devices meant for electronic transmission of electoral results before it is assented by the Legislators &President? Why should they acquire with the constitution prohibits
?
My dear INEC have simply landed itself in a terrible culdesac.No where to run to.Atiku have a good case.
Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Tareq1105: 10:21am On Jun 19, 2019
sebali:

If no server why budget moni for servers?

Yes, budget was approved for Server. The Server is available but was its use part of the electoral guidelines?

Was the Bill for electronic transmission of results to Server at the headquarters assented to?

If the 2019 elections was actually conducted with 2010 Electoral Act and Guidelines then Atiku has entered serious "Gbese" because it doesn't give room for Card Reader machines talkless of electronic transmission of results to Server.

A 300 Level Law Student will tell you it's an exercise in futility.
Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Femeto: 10:22am On Jun 19, 2019
nwakibie3:

bro did u see any dog or horse at the pooling units? grin grin

remember they also collected millions to feed dogs and horses

Nobody has asked inec about that.

i dont think this country will get better again
I dey tell you.Yakubu should be in prison.The money he collected for servers is too much.

1 Like

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by sapientia(m): 10:27am On Jun 19, 2019
tactius:

But as we know, Buhari did not sign the amended act, and the money in any case arrived late.(INEC did say their money arrived late yesterday).

Even if the money arrived on time, the Act was not signed, so as a result using a 'server' for the election would have been illegal according to the laws.

Again the report stated that the money was collected 'for servers'...it does not say which servers. What isn't in dispute is that there is a server containing the entire voter database...what is in dispute is whether there was a server for results.

Stop disgracing yourself.
Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Injiggerwolf(m): 10:39am On Jun 19, 2019
A server is needed to carry out various major phases from Voter's registration to Voter's accreditation electronically.
Hence....the opposition has a good case on hand
Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 19, 2019
sapientia:

Stop disgracing yourself.

I'm just making my observations based on what I have read so far...which might not be the whole story.

It is up to the court though to sift though the evidence and decide the final outcome.

Whoever wins, it's none of my business. I don't like either party. They are both the same to me.

And this is an annonymous forum. I did not insult you, you chose to insult me. Your comment reflects badly on you. Grow up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 19, 2019
Psoul:

INEC experimented with was was not approved. They experimented with what is tagged illegal and u/INEC have the guts to say it out.

Yes, that is strange indeed...and there may be a case for INEC being prosecuted for using a 'results' server illegally then.

But as we know...the specific law for the 2019 election, as ammended, was not signed..meaning INEC was not supposed to use a server.

Secondly, are they supposed to acquire those devices meant for electronic transmission of electoral results before it is assented by the Legislators and the President. Why should they acquire with the constitution prohibits.

In my (admittedly lacking evidence) opinion, they may be preparing for a future where electronic transmission of results may be the norm.

1 Like

Re: INEC Received N1.47 Billion For Servers Ahead Of 2019 Election - Premium Times by Eberex(m): 10:47am On Jun 19, 2019
Why am I not surprised?

It is just like a crime scene. You must leave the place leaving one evidence.

INEC didnt do their home work well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Remains Influential In Nigeria – Buhari / Pictures From Ondo-Central Walk For Tinubu/Shettima Yesterday / PSC Bows To Pressure, Removes Naja’atu From Election Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.