Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,904 members, 7,902,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 07:24 PM

Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader (20091 Views)

Minority Leader, Senator Akpabio Visits President Buhari In London (Pictures) / Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader / Reps Hail Dogara, Onyema; Call Gbajabiamila 'Minority Leader' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by Alejobs: 9:13am On Jun 19, 2019
Can we pray our way to security as a nation or we need serous overhaul of our security architecture?
Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by Holak: 9:15am On Jun 19, 2019
seanfer:

SE were given DSP and Deputy Speaker same time under PDP.

Get your facts right. Tambuwal and Ihedioha scuttled the party's zoning formula just like Saraki did. It was not PDP zoning. The difference is that PDP still found a way to work with them instead of blaming them for their woes as some people did for four years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by hhgfsghjl: 9:16am On Jun 19, 2019
ok
Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by gwafaeziokwu: 9:17am On Jun 19, 2019
post=79469721:
Time to ponder........

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'.
We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

We have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023", they don't want us in the National Assembly".
Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has barely finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

All these guys below have all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore.
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu!!
wink

Even in America there are traditional Republican and Democratic states. Igbos have chosen PDP which is more national in its make up over an APC formed by leftwing regional champions. Despite all your threats and rantings during the 2019 elections they stuck to their guns. 2023 won't be different either so move on bros. Enjoy your divisive politics. Drink the blood of Nigerians as your foot soldiers move around gunning and matcheting them in their numbers. Remain in Aso rock and ooze out hateful statement that is further alienating the people you claim to preside over. Make sure that by 2023 when you are through with your joke of leadership that all the little strings holding us a people have been melted by your immaturity and Agbero politics. Daalu

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by LZAA: 9:18am On Jun 19, 2019
post=79469721:
Time to ponder........

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'.
We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

We have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023", they don't want us in the National Assembly".
Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has barely finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

All these guys below have all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore.
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu!!
wink
grin
Says the sai baba fanatic
Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by Ningi2020(m): 9:35am On Jun 19, 2019
Bede2u:
1st of all u are a silly bigot. 2ndly pdp is a fair party that never allows a region take it all. SE leads pdp in the senate...its fair and natural for SS to lead pdp in the House.

U must know this....majority of igbos never had problems with yorubas until yorubas branded gej an igboman and started insulting igbos up and down just to oust the man....also remember that with the persistent insult on us by u guys, enough bad blood is being created to ensure total break down of diplomacy and possible open confrontation....nigeria loses.

Lets learn to play civilized politics. We now have 2 major parties like in developed countries...there will naturally be strongholds for each party and swing states.
As u said Igbos dont ve issues wit d yorubas, well said,, now if i may ask who does d igbos ve issue wit wen it comes to politics in Nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by Psoul(m): 9:36am On Jun 19, 2019
My Midweek give away.
Please recharge ur phone with the airtime.
Let me contribute to ur lives the little I can.
Please if u are having difficulty seeing any digit on the card, don't hesitate to inbox me.
Recharge and have fun.
Lovely Midweek to the lucky ones.

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by Destroyerofyeeb: 9:36am On Jun 19, 2019
I didn't even bother reading ur epistle but I'm sure you got my message..dont cry grin
Xander85:

See this slowpoke getting an instant boner at the mere suggestion 'Nigerians are dealing with these people'! You even came out in suit to celebrate...the hate is real!!

Dude, you actually think that in the larger scheme of things, Ndigbo are obsessed with grabbing positions just for the heck of it...and see succeeding in the filthy and bigoted waters of Nigerian partisan-politics as a validation of their self-worth in life? Are your people better off than Ndigbo today? What's the ethnicity unfortunate to call a bastard like you one of their own? Let's see who is better off than the other and who shows hate to the other the more!

Scumbag!

1 Like

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by Ningi2020(m): 9:37am On Jun 19, 2019
celeiyke:

Funny enough. With all ur positions, are ur people better than the igbo?
E pained dis one

2 Likes

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by Psoul(m): 9:40am On Jun 19, 2019
My Midweek give away.
Please recharge ur phone with the airtime.
Let me contribute to ur lives the little I can.
Please if u are having difficulty seeing any digit on the card, don't hesitate to inbox me.
Recharge and have fun.
Lovely Midweek to the lucky ones.

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by victorDanladi: 9:49am On Jun 19, 2019
Bede2u:
1st of all u are a silly bigot. 2ndly pdp is a fair party that never allows a region take it all. SE leads pdp in the senate...its fair and natural for SS to lead pdp in the House.

U must know this....majority of igbos never had problems with yorubas until yorubas branded gej an igboman and started insulting igbos up and down just to oust the man....also remember that with the persistent insult on us by u guys, enough bad blood is being created to ensure total break down of diplomacy and possible open confrontation....nigeria loses.

Lets learn to play civilized politics. We now have 2 major parties like in developed countries...there will naturally be strongholds for each party and swing states.
You must be a silly or chronically forgetful IPOB pig.

so yorubas who voted en masse for GEJ in 2011 branded him an Igbo man when the screenshot below happened?

5 Likes

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by Bighead9: 10:02am On Jun 19, 2019
celeiyke:

Funny enough. With all ur positions, are ur people better than the igbo?

Yes, my people are better than Igbo's in all sphares of life. grin grin No wonder, your people Ass lick my people's Ass daily. But don't worry yourself, you will get there someday.

2 Likes

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by olaolaking: 10:03am On Jun 19, 2019
Authoreety:
Non of my business

For all those of you calling igbos and IPOB spewing trash anyhow, have it at the back of ur dumb skull that an average ibo man who isn't into politics doesn't care abt what happens in politics... with or without politics, we are progressives
But their cries rent the air an yet they claim they don't care

1 Like

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by seanfer(m): 10:06am On Jun 19, 2019
Holak:

Get your facts right. Tambuwal and Ihedioha scuttled the party's zoning formula just like Saraki did. It was not PDP zoning. The difference is that PDP still found a way to work with them instead of blaming them for their woes as some people did for four years.

The PDP law breakers from the SE voted against the Party zoning just to get the position... So don't come here and give excuses... In 2011 The SE Supported their own against the ruling party zoning and they had 2 principal officers in the 2 chambers.... Case Closed

1 Like

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by olaolaking: 10:10am On Jun 19, 2019
Bede2u:

You will repeat class often if you continue to forget so easily like this.

In 2011, yoruba voted massively for GEJ while they were against Buhari.

I even remember Tinubu himself campaigned for GEJ about his "fresh air"

You will keep twisting the truth to sweet you. The same thing that you and your people have been doing that is making the whole Nigeria to ridicule your tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by TheBeat: 10:11am On Jun 19, 2019
seanfer:

SE were given DSP and Deputy Speaker same time under PDP.
No boss. PDP zoned speaker slot to southwest but Tinubu instructed his ACN block to vote against her and they worked with some rebels in PDP to produce Tambuwal and Ihedioha. That arrangement was against the party's choice.
Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by TheBeat: 10:12am On Jun 19, 2019
olaolaking:
You will repeat class often if you continue to forget so easily like this.

In 2011, yoruba voted massively for GEJ while they were against Buhari.

I even remember Tinubu himself campaigned for GEJ about his "fresh air"

You will keep twisting the truth to sweet you. The same thing that you and your people have been doing that is making the whole Nigeria to ridicule your tribe.
Do you mean that Tinubu played anti party politics? ACN had candidate Mr man

1 Like

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by MetaPhysical: 10:14am On Jun 19, 2019
Oohhhh...wOohhhh...why now?

Why is PDP so wicked?
Who is PDP chairman, somebody give me his name and email. Ill be right back let me get pen and paper. ... angry
Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by olaolaking: 10:18am On Jun 19, 2019
TheBeat:

Do you mean that Tinubu played anti party politics? ACN had candidate Mr man
Oga I am sure of what I am saying. Tinubu told people and lagosian to vote for GEJ as president but ACN as governor and other state officials.

Who was ACN presidential candidate then? The major 2 contenders were GEJ and Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by kayzat: 10:19am On Jun 19, 2019
Bede2u:

Where did you see Yoruba branding GEJ as an Ibo man? Maybe one of the mufos like you sha and besides the problem has been there before GEJ ascended the throne

3 Likes

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by bigfish3k: 10:36am On Jun 19, 2019
seanfer:

When SE was the DSP and Deupty Speaker under PDP at the same time. Was the party fair then?

tambuwal/ihedioha wasnt the making of PDP but APC
Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by bigfish3k: 10:37am On Jun 19, 2019
kayzat:

Where did you see Yoruba branding GEJ as an Ibo man? Maybe one of the mufos like you sha and besides the problem has been there before GEJ ascended the throne

yorubas branded him as an igbo man that i know for sure with my interactions with most yorubas in lagos

1 Like

Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by goodnewsbabe: 10:39am On Jun 19, 2019
Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by TheBeat: 10:45am On Jun 19, 2019
olaolaking:
Oga I am sure of what I am saying. Tinubu told people and lagosian to vote for GEJ as president but ACN as governor and other state officials.

Who was ACN presidential candidate then? The major 2 contenders were GEJ and Buhari.
Lol you are funny. Nuhu Ribadu of ACN got about 2.5m votes
Re: Reps: South East Caucus Automatically Knocked Out From Getting Minority Leader by uthlaw: 10:50am On Jun 19, 2019
wait for Atiku to get a slot!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Makinde To Officials: Don’t Appear On TV, Radio Without Approval / Wike Defends Obaseki’s ₦60 Billion Printing Claim / Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu Empowers Mothers, Calls For Gender Friendly Environment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.