Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,707 members, 7,948,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 06:13 AM

My Greatest 3 Nigerian Musicians Of All Time - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / My Greatest 3 Nigerian Musicians Of All Time (260 Views)

Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular / Top 10 Nigerian Musicians Of All Time / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Greatest 3 Nigerian Musicians Of All Time by theonemanalone: 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
I was on my way to place of work this morning when it occurred to me that who are my 3 greatest Naija musicians and why are they my favourites?
This list is comply in descending order which means from 3rd to 1st.

3. At number three is King of fuji KWAM1. He sits at number 3 because he knows how do live shows and eulogized his fans. I f you are a good fan of his you must have listened to VERSACE1&2, I FEEL ALRIGHT(Ori omi lawa), BERLIN, AWA DE, AFRICA, MY FATHERLAND, NEW YORK, etc(I can't even remember most of them now)

2. King Sunny Ade(KSA). Arguably, the greatest Nigerian musician export to the world hold the 2nd position for his music and flair. A great guitarist, and a great dancer...He wows me with his dancing steps and with his songs. From songs like "The good Shepard" to "Aye nreti eleya mi" to "Esu biribiri" to "Merciful God" etc

1. Fela Anikulapokuti. To me, He is the best Naija singer ever and why? Because, he tackled the corrupt government of his days. I don't think there is any Naija government from Obasanjo regime (1979) to Abacha's regime(1996) that escaped from him(Even the great Buhari never did). I especially love the way he tackled Obasanjo and MKO in his songs. Examples of Obasanjo's and MKO bashing includes..International Thief Thief(I.T.T) where he said "Like Obasanjo and Abiola...International Thief Thief, ITT, International rogue", COFFIN FOR HEAD OF STATE and UNKONWN SOLDIER , the Album he released when his mother was killed "Obasanjo dey there with big fat stomach ", Look Obasanjo! Before anything at all, him go dey shout: ‘Oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord, Almighty Lord!’ ‘Oh Lord, oh God!’ And them do bad bad bad bad bad bad things", ARMY ARRANGEMENT..."Supervisor Obasanjo Them say make him no talk o ‘Money no lost’, them shout again Inquiry come close o" and "me Fela, I challenge Obasanjo na wayo he dey all the time" etc

cc lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun

(1) (Reply)

[music] Rema -full Ep / AFCON: Top 10 Africa Nation Cup Highest Goal Scorers Of All Time / Top 10 Africa Nation Cup Highest Goal Scorers Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.