Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,942 members, 7,873,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:55 AM

Inspirational Story Of KFC Founder - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Inspirational Story Of KFC Founder (320 Views)

Why Does KFC Only Sell Pepsi And Not Coke? / Inspirational Story Of Sir Louis Ojukwu / Success Story Of Billionaire Industrialist: Samuel Adedoyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspirational Story Of KFC Founder by iykbethany(m): 4:30pm On Jun 19, 2019
DO YOU LIKE KFC CHICKEN? HAVE YOU READ ABOUT THE FOUNDER? FOR THOSE THAT HAVEN'T, LET'S READ HIM AND LEARN ONE OR TWO THINGS.

Tomorrow I will tell you why I wanted you to read this story..... God bless you

KFC was founded by a man named Harland Sanders, he is an American and was born in 1890 and grew up on a farm in Indiana. When he was 6 years old, Sanders’ father died, leaving him to take care of his younger brother and sister while his mom spent long days working. Harland Sanders was required to be a babysitter and take care of younger brother and sister at home. and by age 7 he was already a decent cook.

His mom remarried when he was 12, he escaped from home because his stepfather beat him. In seventh grade, he dropped out of school and left home to go work as a farmhand. Already turning into a tough cookie.

At 16, he faked his age to enlist in the United States army. After being honorably discharged a year later, he got hired by the railway as a laborer. However, he got fired for fighting with a coworker. While he worked for the railway, he studied law–until he ruined his legal career by getting into another fight. Sanders was forced to move back in with his mom and get a job selling life insurance. And guess what? He got fired for insubordination. But this guy wouldn’t give up.

In 1920, he founded a ferry boat company. Later, he tried cashing in his ferry boat business to create a lamp manufacturing company only to find out that another company already sold a better version of his lamp. Poor guy couldn’t catch a break.

It wasn’t until age 40 that he began selling chicken dishes in a service station. As he began to advertise his food, an argument with a competitor resulted in a deadly shootout. Four years later, he bought a motel which burned to the ground along with his restaurant. Yet this determined man rebuilt and ran a new motel until World War II forced him to close it down.

At age 65 he retired. On retirement day he got a check of $105. He felt like a failure & decided to commit suicide. He sat writing his will, but instead, he wrote what he would have accomplished with his life & thought about how good of a cook he was. So he borrowed $87 from one of his friend and started, fried up some chicken using his recipe, went door to door to sell. At age 88 Colonel Sanders, founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) Empire was a billionaire.”

“He told the restaurant owners that he had a chicken recipe that people liked and he was giving it to them for free. what he wanted in return was for the restaurant owners to pay him a small percentage on the pieces of chicken sold. he got rejections after rejections, but did not give up. In fact, he got over 1000 rejections.”

He got 1009 no’s before he got his first yes. With that one success Colonel Hartland Sanders changed the eating habits of the whole world with Kentucky Fried Chicken, popularly known as KFC.

Following the war, he tried to franchise his restaurant. His recipe was rejected 1,009 times before anyone accepted it. Sander’s “secret recipe” was coined “Kentucky Fried Chicken”, and quickly became a hit. However, the booming restaurant was crippled when an interstate opened nearby so Sanders sold it and pursued his dream of spreading KFC franchises & hiring KFC Workers all across the country.

Summary (timeline)

. At the age of 5 his father died.

. At the age of 16 he quit school.

. At age 17 he had already lost four jobs.

. At age of 18 he got married.

. Between ages 18 and 22, he was a rail road conductor.

. At age 19 he became a father.

. At age 20 his wife left him and took their baby daughter.

. He joined the army and was washed out there.

. He applied for law school and was rejected.

. He became an insurance sales man and failed again.

. He then became a cook and a dish washer in a small cafe.

. At age 65 he retired.

. On the first day of retirement he received a cheque from the govt. for $105.

. Feeling like a total failure he decided to commit suicide.

. He sat under a tree writing a suicide letter, and then all of a sudden he thought what he would have accomplished, so he wants to start again.

. Borrow $87 from one of his friend, and started fried and curry chicken.

. His recipe was rejected 1,009 times before anyone accepted it.

. And it becomes KFC.

Tomorrow I will tell you why I wanted you to read this story..... God bless you

1 Like

Re: Inspirational Story Of KFC Founder by sparkle7: 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2019
Wow. I made a loss of 2k in my bussiness and my heart was doing me somehow.
Nice I would push ahead with my blog.
Re: Inspirational Story Of KFC Founder by sparkle7: 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2019
lalasticlala wont see this one na. If it is Bobr-idiot fries guava leaves. He would rush it to fp.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Bags Of Garri And Kegs Of Palm Oil For Cheap In Edo State / Calabar To Get 24hrs Electricity / Why You Should Remember To Update To Your New Number In Your Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.