Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,384 members, 7,947,632 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 04:43 AM

Court Dissolves 4 Year Old Marriage Over Man's Wish To Be A House Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 4 Year Old Marriage Over Man's Wish To Be A House Husband (543 Views)

Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! / How I Almost Got Killed While Executing A Dieing Man's Wish / Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dissolves 4 Year Old Marriage Over Man's Wish To Be A House Husband by janefblog: 11:04am On Jun 20, 2019
A four year old marriage of a businesswoman Mrs Lydia Nwaru and Daniel was dissolved on Tuesday by Igando Customary Court in Lagos over the refusal of Mr Daniel to remain a house husband. The petitioner told the court that her husband, Daniel, with whom she had a daughter, wanted to be a ”househusband”.

Delivering his ruling, Mr Adeniyi Koledoye, President of the Court, held that the repeated refusal of the respondent to appear in court would not stop the proceedings. “Throughout the duration of this case, the respondent refused to honour court processes, in spite of being served with all court processes.”

“Therefore, the court has no other choice than to dissolve the marriage. “The court pronounces the marriage between Lydia and Mr Daniel Nwaru dissolved. Both parties henceforth cease to be husband and wife.” “Each of you should go on his or her separate ways. The court wishes both of you well in your future endeavour,” he said.
Koledoye awarded custody of the only child of the marriage to the petitioner. He ordered Daniel to be responsible for the child’s upkeep and education, whenever the need arises, and when he is gainfully employed. Earlier, the petitioner said: ”my husband is not ready to do work. He prefers to be a stay at home dad. “Whenever I complain about his idleness, he turns it to fight.”
” I have been responsible for the upkeep of the family, including school fees and rent”, she said. She said that she raised N120,000 for him...https://janefblog.com/6556-2court-dissolves-4-year-old-marriage-over-mans-wish-to-be-a-house-husband/

Re: Court Dissolves 4 Year Old Marriage Over Man's Wish To Be A House Husband by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 20, 2019
That your husband seems to be idle does not translate to laziness.
He may be busy mentally, which you failed to tap in
Re: Court Dissolves 4 Year Old Marriage Over Man's Wish To Be A House Husband by donbachi(m): 11:33am On Jun 20, 2019
indigene:
That your husband seems to be idle does not translate to laziness.
He may be busy mentally, which you failed to tap in
we the non-indigenes dont behave like dat...only indgenes does.
Re: Court Dissolves 4 Year Old Marriage Over Man's Wish To Be A House Husband by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
janefblog:
Delivering his ruling, Mr Adeniyi Koledoye, President of the Court, held that the repeated refusal of the respondent to appear in court would not stop the proceedings. “Throughout the duration of this case, the respondent refused to honour court processes, in spite of being served with all court processes.”

“Therefore, the court has no other choice than to dissolve the marriage. “
The court pronounces the marriage between Lydia and Mr Daniel Nwaru dissolved. Both parties henceforth cease to be husband and wife.” “Each of you should go on his or her separate ways. The court wishes both of you well in your future endeavour,” he said. Koledoye awarded custody of the only child of the marriage to the petitioner...

I'm not a lawyer but I find this logic strange

A judge dissolves a marriage and awards custody of the child to one party WITHOUT hearing the other side of the story?

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Court Dissolves Osinbajo’s Marriage / Get Your National ID Card With Ease! / Honey Moon And Vacation Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.