Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,433 members, 7,917,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:48 AM

EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin (16959 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Two Chinese Over Illegal Mining Activities (Photo) / EFCC Arraigns Two For Cybercrime (Photos) / EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Yahoo Men In Oyo State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Nollyzonenews: 11:30am On Jun 20, 2019
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Benin Zonal Office, on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 arraigned Omoparewa Femi before Justice A. A. Demi-Ajayi of the Federal High Court sitting in Benin City, Edo State on a four-count charge of obtaining money by false pretence.

Femi is alleged to have received over N1 million under the pretence of procuring a visa for Ikporo Ufuoma.

One of the counts reads: “That you, Omoparewa Femi and one Prince Chikita (still at large ), on or about the 14th day of June 2017, at Benin within the jurisdiction of this honourable court did with intent to defraud, obtain the sum N500,000 from Ikporo Ufuoma through your bank account domiciled in Guaranty Trust Bank, under a false pretence that you are a registered visa procurement agent and the money was meant for Canadian Visa to Mr Ikporo Ufuoma, a pretext which you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 1(1)(a) of the advance fee Fraud and other fraud related offences Act , 2006 and punishable under section 1(3) of the same Act.”

The defendant pleaded “not guilty” to the charge when it was read to him.

In view of his plea, counsel for the EFCC, Austin Ozigbo, prayed the court to fix a date for trial and to remand the defendant in prison.

Counsel for the defendant, Solomon Akpobosa, told the court that he has filed an application for bail for his client.

Ozigbo, however, told the court that he was just served with the application, and so needed time to study it and respond.

Justice Demi-Ajayi, thereafter, adjourned to September 25, 2019 for hearing and ordered that the defendant be remanded in prison.

In a similar development, the Commission arraigned Bashir Munikalia on a one-count charge of obtaining by false pretence.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/06/20/efcc-arraigns-two-suspected-fraudsters-in-benin/

2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 20, 2019
F

T

C shocked

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by sLentlover7778(m): 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
I don't need to attend any comedy show.. Nigeria just dey offer me free comedy show..

God bless Naija.. For next level we all level together nobody dey run comot go anywhere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
They look like TECHNOCRATS,
unlike the regular YAHOO BOYS look grin grin

They should investigate well ooo before people end up spending 10years for nothing
When such PEOPLE Place CURSES on their NATION it works like MAGIC ooo.

May be that’s why the NATION has never been repositioned for greatness

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
One of the counts reads: “That you, Omoparewa Femi and one Prince Chikita (still at large ), on or about the 14th day of June 2017, at Benin within the jurisdiction of this honourable court did with intent to defraud, obtain the sum N500,000 from Ikporo Ufuoma through your bank account domiciled in Guaranty Trust Bank, under a false pretence that you are a registered visa procurement agent and the money was meant for Canadian Visa to Mr Ikporo Ufuoma, a pretext which you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 1(1)(a) of the advance fee Fraud and other fraud related offences Act , 2006 and punishable under section 1(3) of the same Act.”

I have some questions

1.If I was going to emigrate to Canada can't I find out the requirements for the visa and so forth BY MYSELF?? Why do i need a consultant?

2.How much is visa porcessing fees for Canada? Why do i have to pay N500000 for visa??

Anyway, may these 419ers rot in jail.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by sparog(m): 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
EVILFOREST:
They look like TECHNOCRATS,
unlike the regular YAHOO BOYS look grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by hisexcellency34: 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
hungry-looking fraudsters. Seems they didnt learn the work well

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by yusuff4u2c(m): 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
They really look the part....

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Angelb4: 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
Dem for allow them chop small nah

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by sotall(m): 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2019
See their pictures grin grin
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by jericco1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
fraud is now the new normal
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Sirpaul(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
EDO una don join our people dem
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Corrosiveman(m): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
Na Dem ooo
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Houseofglam7(f): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
Fraudsters everywhere undecided
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by materialproject: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2019
cool
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Magnifico2000: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2019
Who else usually opens "EFCC arresting fraudsters" thread just to check pictures or names of a known person.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by dPriv: 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2019
hope they aren't innocent

meanwhile...
Check signature for these Brand New iPhone 6s 32GB in ILORIN; few pieces left .
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Oloripelebe: 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2019
grin

Not ur regular yahoo boy

Everybody na thief las las
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by captianfreeman(m): 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2019
That is very good of EFCC, they should also remember to beam their search light on the public servants, more especially the political elite.
The are the reason we are where we are.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by TANID(m): 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2019
25/7
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Moshkom(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
are these ones the VICTIM? because they no even look like person wey don 'chop' oh grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Bustincole(m): 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Yahoo boy men indeed
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by Craigslists: 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2019
Lol

All these local yahoo boys men sef grin

Your mates dey do ITT to move $$ cash from abroad enter naija and una dey here dey scam your fellow poor Nigerians.

At least if you wan eat frog try eat the one wey get eggs so that it will be worth it.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by mightyhaze: 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2019
wowC
Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by IamSoProlific: 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
Daddytime shey na this kind inlaws you want ba

If not I still dey wait for the address ooo, the time my people give me to marry don almost expire.

Re: EFCC Arraigns Two Suspected Fraudsters In Benin by daddytime(m): 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
IamSoProlific:
Daddytime shey na this kind inlaws you want ba

If not I still dey wait for the address ooo, the time my people give me to marry don almost expire.

Lol...God forbid... grin

See as the first guy resemble olden days Buhari during Ramadan season.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INTERPOL Busts Nigerian Crime Syndicate In Argentina And 20 Other Countries / Naval Brutality At Sapele / Lagos DCO Leads Policemen To Ondo Filling Station, Takes N5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.