Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,020 members, 7,919,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:22 AM

REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech - Car Talk (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech (74940 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Adewale Auto Care And Diagnosis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Fostercat(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
AutoMoTech:

First thing is to scan... Afterwards provide the codes here so we can help with further diagnosis.
Also i do not think the vsc has anything to do with your fuel consumption except if it has to do with a faulty EVAP system. Because usually a fault in any of the emission system triggers the VSC light on with the CEL.
There might be something else causing it which might also be revealed in the scan result...

Okay. many thanks
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Billiebaba(m): 7:50pm On Mar 16, 2020
Good evening boss, I was working on a car today Corolla 2009 with a 2zr engine. Before accident, the car was starting fine without problems. During the course of repairs engine had to be removed. After the repairs engine was replaced everything was put back in place except for the airbags they were yet to be replaced because of funds. Here is the problem, I have spark, fuel, compression, at times it will do as if it wanna start but it won't start after a very long crank. No fault codes present In the Powertrain ECU. I'm just stuck as I don't know what to do, though the engine sat outside the car for about a week.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
Billiebaba:
Good evening boss, I was working on a car today Corolla 2009 with a 2zr engine. Before accident, the car was starting fine without problems. During the course of repairs engine had to be removed. After the repairs engine was replaced everything was put back in place except for the airbags they were yet to be replaced because of funds. Here is the problem, I have spark, fuel, compression, at times it will do as if it wanna start but it won't start after a very long crank. No fault codes present In the Powertrain ECU. I'm just stuck as I don't know what to do, though the engine sat outside the car for about a week.
Confirm timing is correct...
Presence of air, fuel and spark at wrong time, d engine will never run.
Let us start with confirming ignition timing is correct.
If timing is correct , then lets check the sensors responsible for letting the computer know when to fire the ignition and injectors... These are the Cam and Crank sensors... Confirm they work as they should

1 Like

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Billiebaba(m): 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2020
AutoMoTech:

Confirm timing is correct...
Presence of air, fuel and spark at wrong time, d engine will never run.
Let us start with confirming ignition timing is correct.
If timing is correct , then lets check the sensors responsible for letting the computer know when to fire the ignition and injectors... These are the Cam and Crank sensors... Confirm they work as they should
Is there a way of checking it without a scope and without removing the valve cover
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
Billiebaba:

Is there a way of checking it without a scope and without removing the valve cover
To check without removing valve cover you need a scope sir.
Best way to confirm timing is via a scope.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Billiebaba(m): 9:05pm On Mar 16, 2020
AutoMoTech:

To check without removing valve cover you need a scope sir.
Best way to confirm timing is via a scope.
Sir Keh, I be small boy ooo, wanti6to learn from boss like you
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:13pm On Mar 16, 2020
Billiebaba:

Sir Keh, I be small boy ooo, wanti6to learn from boss like you
Chai.. hahahaha for dis naija ehn, we go gather dey whyn eachoda grin grin grin
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:02am On Mar 18, 2020
Good morning people ...
Here to help you
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:10am On Mar 19, 2020
morning
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Stewart883(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2020
My car(Chevrolet optra) is very hot inside, when I drive for some few hours the interior gets very hot even when the windows are down. Please what can I do?? I always feel very uncomfortable driving. I live in Portharcourt
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by danitto(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2020
Please I don't know what happened to my baby boy Honda Accord, anytime I started the engine it working fine but after the engine is hot it will not accelerate more than 3 instead of 5
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:10am On Mar 19, 2020
Stewart883:
My car(Chevrolet optra) is very hot inside, when I drive for some few hours the interior gets very hot even when the windows are down. Please what can I do?? I always feel very uncomfortable driving. I live in Portharcourt
have you tried to check if one or some of the AC vents are open thereby allowing hot hair blow into the cabin?
1. check the vents?
2. check your ac settings? make sure its set to cold and not hot.
3. finally change the other vent settings to recycle and not to allow outside air in.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 11:12am On Mar 19, 2020
danitto:
Please I don't know what happened to my baby boy Honda Accord, anytime I started the engine it working fine but after the engine is hot it will not accelerate more than 3 instead of 5

so many things can cause low power.
1. cloggged exhaust
2. weak fuel pump
3. electrical faults etc... among other things.
kindly find a competent technician who can help diagnose the cause of the low power
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Stewart883(m): 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2020
AutoMoTech:

have you tried to check if one or some of the AC vents are open thereby allowing hot hair blow into the cabin?
1. check the vents?
2. check your ac settings? make sure its set to cold and not hot.
3. finally change the other vent settings to recycle and not to allow outside air in.

Thank you for your response. The vents are closed and the ac setting is on cold. Don't know why it's always hot inside
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:01am On Mar 20, 2020
Stewart883:

Thank you for your response. The vents are closed and the ac setting is on cold. Don't know why it's always hot inside
Check the heat shields. Its possible there is transfer of heat from the engine compartment into the passenger cabin.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by vinzita1(m): 8:47am On Mar 20, 2020
Greetings

My car Toyota Camry 08 grunmble when accelerating from gear 1 to 2, Buts fade away as the gear increases.
Sometimes, while driving and about to make a stop and move again, it will delay about 2 to 3 secs before picking.

Pls I will appreciate whosever has experience it and solutions.

Thanks
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 9:04am On Mar 20, 2020
vinzita1:
Greetings

My car Toyota Camry 08 grunmble when accelerating from gear 1 to 2, Buts fade away as the gear increases.
Re: Pls do kindly state much clearer what you experience.
By grumble is it like a vibration from the engine tru d cabin or something else?

Sometimes, while driving and about to make a stop and move again, it will delay about 2 to 3 secs before picking.

Re:Does this delay happen when stopping or when your picking up or both?

Pls I will appreciate whosever has experience it and solutions.

Thanks

For now it sounds like a loss of power on intial throttling/accereleration.
Check your fuel and ignition system
Clean injectors if clogged
Clean plugs if dirty
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by vinzita1(m): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2020
Yes
The sound is like vibration, through the cabin,
Especially when I want to accelerate to move faster,as I move on the sound fade away.
But if I am to move in slow pace , the sound won't be heard.

As to the delay
It happens whenever am moving and press brake to stop slowly, then accelerate to pickup, it delays for about 2 to 3 secs before connecting the right gear to move on.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2020
vinzita1:
Yes
The sound is like vibration, through the cabin,
Especially when I want to accelerate to move faster,as I move on the sound fade away.
But if I am to move in slow pace , the sound won't be heard.

As to the delay
It happens whenever am moving and press brake to stop slowly, then accelerate to pickup, it delays for about 2 to 3 secs before connecting the right gear to move on.
Feels like low power due to misfire on light throttle.
Kindly find a professional auto tech to help with the diagnosis of this issue.
Check your fuel supply
Ignition system
Air
Vacuum leak among other things
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:33am On Mar 22, 2020
Happy sunday y'all. Hope services are holding in our homes o
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by DaCharis2016: 11:26am On Mar 26, 2020
Hello, NLers.

I want to know if Honda City is a good buy.
The car is a Nigerian used 2007 model with auto transmission. Selling price at 400k.

It has a bad gear, AC.

Kindly school me if it's a good buy looking at cost of maintenance, fuel consumption.

Thank you.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Waxxxy: 9:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
AutoMoTech:

yes you can. kindly do it gently please so as not to damage anything. however this is only necessary if the throttle body is dirty.

Thank you I bought cabu cleaner @ 500 and spray it on the throttle body then I use my finger to clean the inside. It was actually black and after cleaning I relean the car with a method I saw online and the car stopped vibrating in idle and my idle guage is 800
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Waxxxy: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
AutoMoTech:

check the condition of your throttle body. if dirty clean it. den do a throttle relearn procedure or drive the vehicle for a while for the ecu to relearn.

Thank you have done that and the car has stopped vibrating
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
Waxxxy:

Thank you I bought cabu cleaner @ 500 and spray it on the throttle body then I use my finger to clean the inside. It was actually black and after cleaning I relean the car with a method I saw online and the car stopped vibrating in idle and my idle guage is 800
Now thats Beautiful. The fact you did it yourself even gives me more joy
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Allem(m): 9:08am On Apr 04, 2020
What method did you see online pls share with us or the link
Waxxxy:

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Waxxxy: 10:00am On Apr 04, 2020
After cleaning the throttle body and coupling,I started the car and the idle was 1500. The method I used
Note: make sure the engine is warm before performing the relean procedure

*insert the key into the ignition & turn the key to ON position then take it back to OFF position
*turn the key back to ON position & turn it back to OFF position again.
*Start the car and make sure all gadget I.e radio, A.C. and other things are switched OFF
*Press your brake and put your handbrake ON
*Shift your gear to drive and let the car stay for about 3-5mins
You will also be seeing the rpm going down gradually till it get to 1000 or below.
*OFF the car after the rpm stops reducing.
*Start the car and you are ready to go

What method did you see online pls share with us or the link[/quote]
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Waxxxy: 10:29am On Apr 04, 2020
I just did a scan on my 2005 Toyota corolla because I want to know the reason why the check light ON starting from the day I went to panel beater for body work in Lagos
The scanning result shows threshold efficiency low. I was told I have bad catalyst but I didn't believe because the car is less than 3 months old. To clear my doubt I went to a panel beater and I discovered that the catalyst is missing in action. Am surprise, I started thinking if it was removed before shipping the car or the Lagos panel beater play a fast one on me.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by Waxxxy: 10:36am On Apr 04, 2020
Exhaust pictures

Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2020
Waxxxy:
Exhaust pictures
Can you see any points where it was cut and then welded back again?
PLS do not agree if your panelbeater says you can put wires inside. It's better there is nothing inside.
Also try if you can get O2 spacers. Rather than spend so much buying the exhaust cat, just attach the spacer and enjoy your motor
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
Waxxxy:
After cleaning the throttle body and coupling,I started the car and the idle was 1500. The method I used
Note: make sure the engine is warm before performing the relean procedure

*insert the key into the ignition & turn the key to ON position then take it back to OFF position
*turn the key back to ON position & turn it back to OFF position again.
*Start the car and make sure all gadget I.e radio, A.C. and other things are switched OFF
*Press your brake and put your handbrake ON
*Shift your gear to drive and let the car stay for about 3-5mins
You will also be seeing the rpm going down gradually till it get to 1000 or below.
*OFF the car after the rpm stops reducing.
*Start the car and you are ready to go

What method did you see online pls share with us or the link
On some vehicles, just driving around helps with the relearn.
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by IghKes: 7:46pm On Apr 04, 2020
Gazuz please my gear box transmission fluid is short ,wen parked a sound keep cracking up from the gear box.i don't have much cash now.can I use mobile or total or oando transmission fluid ?.will get matic J or ns2 wen money comes.but pls any advice on a cheaper one
Re: REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech by AutoMoTech(m): 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2020
IghKes:

Gazuz please my gear box transmission fluid is short ,wen parked a sound keep cracking up from the gear box.i don't have much cash now.can I use mobile or total or oando transmission fluid ?.will get matic J or ns2 wen money comes.but pls any advice on a cheaper one
@Gazzuzz

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (38) (Reply)

This Is How Lawyers Advertise Themselves With Their Cars (Photos) / Osinbajo Left Presidential Villa For A Break In His Benz S-class / Seller crashes Customer’s Ferrari in Abuja, just before it was purchased.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.