Stats: 3,178,848 members, 7,906,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:30 AM

Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix) (66614 Views)

Newborn Baby With His Intestines Outside His Body In Cross River (Disturbing Pix / OAU Student Slumps, Dies While Playing Football / Indian Man survives after being impaled in the head with a rod (Disturbing Pix) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix) by Teeboi56: 6:49am On Jun 21, 2019
September 7 2014 exactly incident like this happens in my area ,we went to field in our mind to go and play Sunday set,as three of us reach school 1 by name one of my friends call d guys name,fatai otipe gan ooo nibo longbe d guy reply him monbo jekin gba boolu tan ,1 minutes after there conversation d guy suddenly slump in Field b4 we reach hospital near us d guy die
Re: Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix) by falcon01: 7:12am On Jun 21, 2019
enemyofprogress:
says who?when it is time, no CPR can stop it.
how can you know its time? how can you sit back and watch someone die and say its time? when you try and failed then its time.

Re: Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix) by Mizwisdom(f): 7:15am On Jun 21, 2019
Madeu:

Funny, I know CPR enough. Giving CPR goes beyond 30 chest compressions and 2 breath of Life. For it to be effective you still need an automated external defibrillator (AED), transported in a well equipped medical truck with some life saving drugs, mechanical ventilation and emergency personnel. How easy can you get these in naija?

What are the 7 steps of CPR?

Snippet content

While help is on the way, follow these CPR steps:

Position your hand

Interlock fingers

Give chest compressions

Open the airway

Give rescue breaths

Watch chest fall

Repeat chest compressions and rescue breaths.

I believe the above procedure can be done to save a life in case of emergency, even without any equipment. We were given CPR training for free in my Church.

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is a lifesaving technique useful in many emergencies, including a heart attack or near drowning, in which someone's breathing or heartbeat has stopped. The American Heart Association recommends that everyone — untrained bystanders and medical personnel alike — begin CPR with chest compressions.
Re: Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix) by AreaFada2: 7:55am On Jun 21, 2019
falcon01:
if they had knew CPR this dude would still be alive
It may still not have worked if no ambulance service arrives within few minutes. But at least he might have had a tiny chance of making it.

The Healthcare system is too poor. The chances of surviving such (most likely heart attack) outside of a very well equipped hospital in Nigeria is close to zero.

Re: Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix) by jnoz23(m): 9:23am On Jun 21, 2019
go well, my broda!

at you didnt die inside puna like some people
Re: Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix) by decub: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2019
Erediauwa:
The monkey-post I played some weeks ago, left me gasping for breath, some attributed it to lack of stamina, while some say it's loss of fatigue, but I know that I am not going to the field anytime soon. My life nor be N5 buns wen I go use take play.

Rest Peacefully "Coutinho"

But why did they use that picture for his Obituary poster nah?

It's because it's been long you played last or you've not been working out (my guess tho) but I don't think it's the case with this guy cos getting that name 'Coutinho' probably means he's been playing some street football.

What you experienced happened to me some 2 years back. Was relatively new in the compound and we decided to arrange monkey post, barely 30minutes into the game I was already gasping for breath. The feeling that day still dey my caution book!
Re: Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix) by enemyofprogress: 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2019
falcon01:
how can you know its time? how can you sit back and watch someone die and say its time? when you try and failed then its time.
when it is time you'll die no matter the best doctor or medical whatever,but if is not yet time you'll stay alive CPR or no CPR, that's why you see some people die in accidents and some survive them. Everyone is destined to die one day and everyone has his/her time including the second to pass away
Re: Nigerian 'Coutinho' Slumps, Dies While Playing Football, Buried (Disturbing Pix) by Firstandonly(m): 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
They say Sports/Exercise is good for the body, why then do people slump and die while jogging or playing football? Is it a case of too much of everything is bad?
sports/exercise is good for the body. people slump and die is due to Arrhythmia..(heart that coordinate heartbeats are not working properly)For a person with a healthy heart, they should have a heart rate of between 60-100 beats per minute when resting.
The more fit a person is, the lower their resting heart rate.
Olympic athletes, for example, will usually have a resting heart rate of under 60 beats per minute because their hearts are very efficient. A number of factors can cause the heart to work incorrectly, they include:
alcohol abuse
diabetes
drug abuse
excessive coffee consumption
heart disease like congestive heart failure
hypertension ( high blood pressure )
hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid gland)
mental stress
scarring of the heart, often the result of a
heart attack
smoking
some dietary supplements
some herbal treatments
some medications
structural changes of the heart.
The following tips may help to lower the heart rate in the long term:
exercise, limit alcohol intake, eat healthy, Limit intake of stimulants, such as caffeine and nicotine

Health Advice: Doctors Online / Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / COVID-19: WHO Says Madagascar's Herbal Tonic Not A Cure

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)