Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,374 members, 7,929,172 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:20 AM

Is The Nigerian Embassy Defrauding Me Or Is The Fee Legal? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Nigerian Embassy Defrauding Me Or Is The Fee Legal? (514 Views)

Universities Acceptance Fee: Legal Or Illegal? / Iranians Storm Nigerian Embassy In Tehran To Protest Army Attack On Shiites / Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Nigerian Embassy Defrauding Me Or Is The Fee Legal? by dkings101(m): 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2010
Hi 9ralanders,

I reside in Malaysia and I happened to misplaced my old passport. I applied for a new epassprt online and have went for reissuance at the Nigerian Consulate here in Malaysia. Toke pictures and other efizi for the epassport. They ask me to come on Thursday for collection of the new ePassport and I was billed to pay the following:

$50 for Admin fee and $250 for Penalty Charge for misplacing my old passport,

Is this legal, I feel like I want to be extorted and moreso I am broke and cash trapped if not I would ve paid for it but now, I need this passport to process my student visa but I am scared how long it would take me to get these fee and the delay it might cost me as I need a get my student visa on the passport.

Please peeps, advice, I dont knw what kind of fee that doesn't have invoice, am wondering if it is called for or just another way of 9ja extortion.
Re: Is The Nigerian Embassy Defrauding Me Or Is The Fee Legal? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
that $250 is local income support for the embassy grin

(1) (Reply)

Ex-mend Leader Implicates Nigeria / It Just Keeps Getting Worse - Nigeria Ranks 35th On Mo Ibrahim Index / Forget Kaduna Governorship, Pdp Aspirant Tells Yakowa !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.