Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,309 members, 7,887,907 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:14 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (80066 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by PHEESAYOUR(m): 12:19pm On May 18, 2007
Please can you say something about Firstbank Public Offer?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by tyademolu(m): 12:22am On May 19, 2007
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]hi!!!
let mi ci if i can help!!!
Mutual benefit Assurance wil hit N5
crusader wil hit N9
Oceanic wil N35
UBA wil hit N50
Diamond wil hit N15
all tins being equal Zenith wil hit N60 before bonus wil b announced
wema a N10 stock
Fedility a N10 stock etc
dey r al based on analysis u can try any of them i bet u,u wot regret it,
[/font][/font]

The thing is, we mostly hear about the good performance of a stock after it has appreciated. is there anyway you study the trends before it starts moving? because if you buy based on current analysis, you might actually be buying when the market is overbought.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 5:44pm On May 21, 2007

embarassed.
grin,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 5:45pm On May 21, 2007
Reach me at frankiriri@yahoo.com.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 6:13pm On May 21, 2007
Helo ma people!!! The eagle is back, thanks for sustainin ma thread, @ Frank, i stand to be corrected, always ready to learn, no hard feelings. Wema bank and firstbank are both good stocks fuindamentally. Wema, though speculative/risky, but the bank is repositioning for the future through the new MD (former Ekiti Deputy Governor - Omoyeni. I'll advise Nairaland users to take advantage of Firstbank public offer. Existing shareholders, please take all your rites. Prospective shareholders, get a million naira 1yr term-loan, and u'll payback within a yr. Quote me!!! First bank won't sell below N50.00 by the end of 2007. I also believe union bank will bounce back in no distant time.

Gud long term buys?  all da banking stocks!!!
This is a fact!!!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 6:48pm On May 21, 2007
So I am a clown huh. Dont see you laughing grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enurayce: 7:24pm On May 21, 2007
Frank cud u pls helpwith some of the insurance firms with bank links
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by hbrednic: 10:26pm On May 21, 2007
@aylala2002
frankiriri a clown? no way man, cos frank has got it and we know that for sure.
u are also doing a great job.
wema is just 100% 2 risky,i wont advice even my enemy to buy it.there are lots of coys with good fundamentals,so why wema?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 6:45pm On May 22, 2007
grin smiley grin. Yeah wema is risky, so are all other stocks on the NSE. Wema has rallied by about 150 percent in its current campaign. Not my best stock though.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by hbrednic: 7:09pm On May 22, 2007
aylala u are right,u had the last laugh on wema cos it has really gone up.
i am still afraid though.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by mishoo(m): 8:01pm On May 22, 2007
@Frankiriri & @Aylala2002, I really feel like plunging into FBN offer but the problem is i've spent much on useless stocks with no gain soon i.e. Transcorp, Wema etc cos they were cheap.
My question is: is there anyhow one can get a loan without collateral just for buying shares
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 7:12am On May 23, 2007
Approach your banks for a share acquisition loan. They would hold on to the certificates.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by mishoo(m): 7:52am On May 23, 2007
Thanks man, would do that soon
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 1:24pm On May 23, 2007
Helo ma people, @ mishoo, pls plunge as much as possible into 1st bank public offer.

Transcorp is highly risky, but the coy along wit 3 other firms just won the bid for port-harcort refinery, wit transcorp owning 5%, this dev wld surely improve the group's earnings on th long-run, so transcorp is a long term-hold, the price is expected to drop wen the technical suspension is lifted.

WEMA is still the toast of investor for the week, the most active stock so far. I believe their full yr figures will stun the investing public. HOLD ur wema pls on the short run and sell if there's a drastric downside in its price.

Ur cscs statement of stock accounts alone stands as a collateral for loans , clearly stated beneath the form, share certificates are too
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Ribaman(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2007
@aylala2002
Any advice for those who are still holding to their Ashakacem? Thanks mate
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:37pm On May 23, 2007
@Riba_man,
allow me to usurp aylala2002 and answer your question. Ashaka's EPS (N3.01) is based on the Full year 2005 result and the market is awaiting the long overdue Full year 2006 results. Assuming a profit-after-tax growth rate of 50%, the new EPS will be ~N4.50. This simple analysis indicates the fair market value will be around N90 (assuming 20 is a fair PE).

Unless Ashaka exceeds the expected growth rate, pays an outstanding dividend, or exploits market sentiment by declaring a good bonus, it's tough to see the stock climbing above N100. Now might be a good time to sell (as Proshare recommends) and re-invest in stocks with much higher upside (Wema, Skye, Oando, RT Briscoe, 1st Bank public offer, ). I wouldn't hold on to a stock with a 15-20% upside. Not in this market.

Ashaka might be a good buy late in the year as the ban on cement importation becomes effective.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Egavlas(m): 7:04pm On May 23, 2007
I dont know if its been mentioned here but I think Skyebank and Ecobank shares are good stocks. I really think that Skyebank for instance, is underrated because they dont publicise their achievements a lot. These two stocks(in my own opinion), are going to be in high demand soon. And they will definitely go highr. They are already appreciating by the day.

I am not a stock guru or expert. I am just speaking from what I have seen of these two stocks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 12:12pm On May 24, 2007
Nice contributions guys, @ easimoni, nice contribution, Ashaka, nay, most building stocks will soon be scarce commodities, WAPCO's 1st quater result is already propellin its price to another level. Holding or sellin ashaka ispurely dependent on the investor's motive, if u bought ashaka @ N55.00 per share this year (its yr low), am sure @ N83.50 yesterday, u've made 28.5 million naira gross profit if u had a million units within four months. The long overdue full year results for dec. 2006 is expected to further drive its share value on the short run, am sure the coy's directors will take a clue from the public's reaction to wapco declarin just N1 div wit no bonus issue. ashaka cld do a bonus, and N1 div. If this happens N100 is within ashaka's reach!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by sexychica: 2:11am On May 25, 2007
this is going to frank and ayo,both of u r smart gentlemen that are well versed in d stock market,calling each other names is rather unproffesional (ayo take note!) other than that ,both of u r doing a splendid job educating nairalanders,take care and God bless.
wink
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by samm(m): 3:19am On May 25, 2007
sexychica:

this is going to frank and ayo,both of you're smart gentlemen that are well versed in d stock market,calling each other names is rather unproffesional (ayo take note!) other than that ,both of you're doing a splendid job educating Nairaland users,take care and God bless.
wink

They are merely kidding with each other. Nothing serious!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by miky(m): 6:47am On May 25, 2007
ayo u don land, where your ten pointers na
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 8:08am On May 25, 2007
sexychica:

this is going to frank and ayo,both of you're smart gentlemen that are well versed in d stock market,calling each other names is rather unproffesional (ayo take note!) other than that ,both of you're doing a splendid job educating Nairaland users,take care and God bless.
wink
I no get yawa with anybody oh. cool
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by bignero: 9:18am On May 25, 2007
naira landers am a fresh graduate that just starrted work.my take home pay for now is a little more than how eveer am beliving God for sometin better real soon. as at now am looking for beter ways of making more money especially through the nigerian stock exchange,i believe there are many people out there with the same intentions but have poor pay. my big idea is,if ther can exist an avenue wherby we with little amounts can come together and pool resources together inorder to enjoy what may be "economies of scale" in the sock market for the benefitof everyone, u guys hola. smiley
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 9:49am On May 25, 2007
big nero:

naira landers am a fresh graduate that just starrted work.my take home pay for now is a little more than 25 000(net) naira, how eveer am beliving God for sometin better real soon. as at now am looking for beter ways of making more money especially through the nigerian stock exchange,i believe there are many people out there with the same intentions but have poor pay. my big idea is,if ther can exist an avenue wherby we with little amounts can come together and pool resources together inorder to enjoy what may be "economies of scale" in the sock market for the benefitof everyone, u guys hola. smiley

Contact Frank about joining his club , if your vision matches with the club's , nthen it might be what u are looking for .
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Yes4u(m): 11:51am On May 25, 2007
Hi,

Can anyone tell me of any bank that gives out loans for one to buy shares especially that of 1st bank public offer. You can send me mail: favourme13@yahoo.com

Cheer!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Allwell(m): 12:08pm On May 25, 2007
@ FRANK AND AYALA

You guys are the guru's! I wonder what makes 1st bank the 1st. was at their aba office to get their prospectus, and it took me an hour to do so!

I'm tired of holding on to intercon. what will the bonus be like, ayala?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by enolase(m): 12:19pm On May 25, 2007
Yes4u:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me of any bank that gives out loans for one to buy shares especially that of 1st bank public offer. You can send me mail: favourme13@yahoo.com

Cheer!

Unfortunately, unless you are a Jimoh Ibrahim or Femi Otedola, you cannot get a bank loan to buy First Bank shares. I will not even advise it.

Rather, approach others who will be willing to help you; relations or friends.

Better still, you need to develop an income stream that will give you ready money to buy shares with. Cheers. smiley
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 1:23pm On May 25, 2007
@ Allwell, a bonus issue by intercontinentalbk is highly unlikely; REASON: The bank just issued a public offer which wld've increased its shares in issue, a bonus issue will further dillute its (earnings per share) EPS and div. per share (DPS). An extra ordinary meeting will soon br held by the bank to address some issue, top on the list would be a share reconstruction execise, so as to reduce its shares outstanding, this practice will make the EPS and DPS attractive (major tools in fundamental analysis). Intercont already gave an interim div of 30 kobo per share feb this year, we expect a final div of not more than 70k per share, once the share reconstruction is approved by the shareholders and approval by NSE, the share price will be placed on technical suspension or temporarily delisted till the conclusion of that exercise, so hold if u are a long term investor, or sell for capital gain, if any. I rate intercon AA+ long term. Foreign investors are already in the country for a stake (convertible prefernce shares) in the bank, so somebodi giv me a good reason why nigerians shouldn't believe in their banks. Your banks are going international now, 10 are to be listed in London soon. Ofcourse, Intercon is one of them!!!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by ono(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2007
Well guys, I've got a number of stocks in some coys - Firstbank, Union Bank, UBA, OandO, Unilever, and Nigerian Brewries.

Aside from the bank stocks, I think something strange is happening at OandO. Ayala, do you know if the folks at OandO are planning to do something big? I've tied my money (a good fortune at that) for some 3 years now, and I think, I'm not getting any good dividends. Their share price drive me crazy everyday, and I'm thinking I should not have purchased those shares when they came out with their yeye public offers a couple of years back. Is that company one of OBJ's firms or what? I've got myself to blame for not looking before leaping.

The banks shares are doing perfectly well. I've got shares in Firstbank that are in the tens of thousands range. And I bought them cheap that time (N15:00 or something less - from the secondary market) You can't believe how happy I get whenever I look up their share prices everyday on the stock market report. I'm tempted to sell some off. But I won't. I'll buy more and with this IPO, I'm going to triple my stock base with them.

Unilever, well, I guess with the crisis that rocked them sometime last year, they'll take sometime to pick up again.

There's no reason on earth for not buying shares; big or small.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by purpleh(m): 1:41pm On May 25, 2007
Can anyone please advise on ;
1. The availability
2. The profitability and
3. The potentials of AFROIL Stocks.

Many thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Ezinwannem: 3:52pm On May 25, 2007
Last year I was in Naija, First Bank gave bouns tongue
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 3:53pm On May 25, 2007
ono:

Well guys, I've got a number of stocks in some coys - Firstbank, Union Bank, UBA, OandO, Unilever, and Nigerian Brewries.

Aside from the bank stocks, I think something strange is happening at OandO. Ayala, do you know if the folks at OandO are planning to do something big? I've tied my money (a good fortune at that) for some 3 years now, and I think, I'm not getting any good dividends. Their share price drive me crazy everyday, and I'm thinking I should not have purchased those shares when they came out with their yeye public offers a couple of years back. Is that company one of OBJ's firms or what? I've got myself to blame for not looking before leaping.

You need to learn to do fundamental analysis. I bought my 1st shares (Ashaka Cem) in Dec 2004. I sold at a loss a few months later because my broker asked me to. A few weeks later Ashaka started a climb that TRIPLED it's share value. Since then, I have learned to do my own analysis, and now my broker takes advice from me! Go to investopedia.com and learn about earnings, EPS, PE, PEG, ROE and how to determine the true value of a stock. Fundamenal analysis helped me determine that Oando was a DOG when the IPO came out. Unfortunately for you, Oando is now a buy! That's right. Just placed and order for 15k shares myself. I think it can make a push for N100 in the next 6 months. Let's use Oando today as an exmaple of simple fundamental analysis:

Profit-After-Tax for 3 months ending March 2007 is N1.07B
Project to N3.5B for the full year and divide by 572M shares gives a projected EPS of N6+ per share.
If you think a PE (Price-to-EPS ratio) of 20 is fair (I do), Oando should reach N120 in the next 9 months.

My advice: I know Oando has treated you poorly in the past but don't invest or divest based on sentiment. Oando is now a buy. At a current PE of 14, it is now the "cheapest" petroleum stock in the market and lasohas the most growth potential.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.