Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,235 members, 7,939,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:57 PM

Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] (24889 Views)

Kerosene Explosion Burns Four Family Members To Death In Calabar (Photos) / Construction Of American International Hospital, Calabar (Photos) / I Fear For Africa, I See Dead Bodies Littered All Over Streets – Melinda Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Abogwara: 9:53am On Jun 21, 2019
NoSidonLook:
It's same situation accross the 36 States of the federation undecided

I was even expecting to see it in a major area sef

These are rural places, and such mess are not uncommon in the Nigerian setting
lipsrsealed

However the states government should introduce policies in order to curb this menace

Especially this season of corn. Port-Harcourt is worse

1 Like

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by mhizminna(f): 9:56am On Jun 21, 2019
Ayade is working cheesy scam governor

1 Like

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by maasoap(m): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2019
NoSidonLook:
It's same situation accross the 36 States of the federation undecided

I was even expecting to see it in a major area sef

These are rural places, and such mess are not uncommon in the Nigerian setting lipsrsealed

However the states government should introduce policies in order to curb this menace

Actually, refuse disposal is more of a major problem in urban areas than the rural areas.

1 Like

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by ImaIma1(f): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2019
davibid:
I don’t believe it coz Calabar is one of the neatest cities we have in Nigeria

Uyo has taken over
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Offpoint1: 10:07am On Jun 21, 2019
SolarKing247:

LAWMA is realy trying, Lagos is not dirty. Eko o ni baje o!
Lagos is not what?
come to Apapa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by 1759King: 10:16am On Jun 21, 2019
The Calabar I lived and have hoped to go build a holiday home.

Ben Ayade, what's going on?

Imoke lamented about limited state funds but he tried small to maintain the cleanliness of Nigeria's first capital city.

Chaii, who can be like Donald Duke?
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by bluefilm: 10:17am On Jun 21, 2019
highchief1:
must u give them Dey should go and scrap it der.

So that you will later come and use police to disturb their lives abi?
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Gabson001(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2019
uthlaw:
tinubu come do something about this before my people start ranting your name like you cause there calamities...
What has tinubu got to do with crossriver state?
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Garrieveryday: 10:20am On Jun 21, 2019
bluefilm:
Wait a minute.. did someone actually dump their car in a refuse bin? grin grin grin

The car is also a refuse.
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Garrieveryday: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:
Ok...so the government is not collecting the refuse but the people are still dumping it. Who is now at fault?

How can grown -ups with bushy blokos see waste piling up in their neighborhood not take any action? Dirty people

What would you expect them to do? Not to dump anymore and to evacuate the dumps by themselves using what and to where?
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Vulcanheph(m): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2019
mastercee:
Bring back Donald Duke please.
seconded.
during donald duke's era you will never see a single piece of paper lying on the road.......but now the shoki dancing,grammer blowing digital governor is nothing to write home about except empty promises and speaking Jargons

1 Like

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by calabaman(m): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2019
SolarKing247:

LAWMA is realy trying, Lagos is not dirty. Eko o ni baje o!

^^^^^
Which LAWMA.

We have not seen them in months at Sangotedo Ajah axis....
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Asquare84(m): 10:39am On Jun 21, 2019
Chiomaella:
Heaps of refuse have taken over major streets and markets, disrupting traffic and pedestrian walk in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.

Our findings revealed that the refuse left uncleared for several weeks have overflown the dustbins placed in strategic places in the city.

The heaps of refuse have not only become an eyesore and health hazard, but also obstructed free flow of traffics leading to painful gridlocks and accident.

Places like Palm Street by Atakpa, Palm Street by Atu, Target by Harcourt Streets, Watt Market along Goldie, Watt Market along Nelson Mandela, Marian market have all been covered with heaps of refuse.

A resident of Palm Street, Malinda Edet, told our reporter that for some weeks, now the refuse had not been evacuated and this has made life miserable for her and her family.

“As you can see but for this pavement, the refuse would have entered my apartment. The stench alone is overpowering even as we keep doors shut”.

Mrs. Josephine Ekpam, another resident said she regularly falls sick owing to the flies and mosquitoes that live in the rubbish.

When the garbage was regularly evacuated during Senator Liyel Imoke’s time, she had no problem with the refuse bin being close to her apartment.

When We visited the Ministry of Environment, a director there Harold Ejim said, “The responsibility of evacuating rubbish has been taken from them and given to Waste Management Agency.”

At the Waste Management Agency, an official who craved anonymity said “There is a dearth of vehicles and funds for the agency to function effectively.

“Most of the vehicles here are owned by Frank Ayade, the younger brother to the governor and many are in bad state. Funds are normally channelled to him and what gets to us for diesel and vehicle repairs is hardly enough,” he lamented.

He said the agency is doing everything with the limited funds available “but if that is not enough, so be it,” he said.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/epidemic-looms-filth-take-major-streets-calabar-photos/

see person throw complete car for refuse bin, better sold as scrap
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Garrieveryday: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2019
tactius:
OK...here is my solution

1.Every calabar resident pays N20000 monthly as council tax.

2.The money is funnelled into a new agency...Calabar Sanitaiton Department.

3.The CSD purchases garbage trucks, installs dustbins everywhere, and also invests in a recycling plant.

4.Every street has a refuse collection day...

5.Problem solved in months.

Lol. Easier said than done. This country is not going anywhere better from the look of economic and political transpiring. I'm a resident in Calabar. Before now, as in during the tenure of Donald Duke and part of Imoke, contractors in charge of dump evacuation used garbage trucks to evacuate these dumps and it was very nice seeing them working and it was also easy for the workers. Fast forward to the present administration of this short Obudu man called Ayade, all those garbage trucks have been removed from road to only God knows where. What is in use now, is 1875 model tippers and shovels given to the boys. The boys now move from one bin site to the other packing large pile up of refuse into the tipper and before they can do this in five sites, they are already tired and thus retire for the day for some sessions of weed smoking and leave other sites unattended to. The failure is from the government...leadership. I don't know why we can't develop/grow in this country.
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by fergie001: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2019
senatordave1
garfield1
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by freshMallam1122: 11:10am On Jun 21, 2019
man no man... see Wat Ayade an his younger brother has done to cross River ..PDP sef... God punish that party..only giving contract to his known people's. an a waste contract sef.
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by OILOFGLADNESS: 11:23am On Jun 21, 2019
AYADE IS BUSY PLANNING

SUPER HIGH WAY AND ANOTHER AIRPORT IN CALABAR!!!

HEIGHT OF MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Enyimbamercedes: 1:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
Garrieveryday:

What would you expect them to do? Not to dump anymore and to evacuate the dumps by themselves using what and to where?

What would you do? If your soak-away was blocked and backing up your toilet such that you couldn't flush without flooding your bathroom with poo...and you had no other toilet to use, would you keep on using it? I am sure you won't, so why do they keep on throwing out refuse when no one is collecting it.

I would dig a pit in my compound and burn/bury my waste...i ask again...what would you do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by stevegentle490: 1:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
my calabar my calabar
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Kenturkey048(m): 2:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
davibid:
I don’t believe it coz Calabar is one of the neatest cities we have in Nigeria

and you think they are no dirty places in calabarna selected places fyn...jagajaga places full calabar too...
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Reference(m): 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
Without a virile multiparty democratic climate, without a stubborn and dogged opposition party snapping at the heels of the governing party stagnation should be expected at best. No meaningful development can occur. Decadence should be expected. Such is the fate of most south-south states gripped in the vice of a laid back and indolent PDP.

The APC must be allowed to make in roads to shake up the tree of power so that the comfortable rats spoiling the fruits of democracy may fall free.

Cross-Rivers' version of political extremism is out of this world. The citizens there are nigh politically comatosed.
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Bahddo(m): 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
Amusing to see people blaming the governor like he was the one littering the place.

Nigerians are dirty and mess up their environment, they blame the government. They are evil and corrupt and ruin the nation and their image outside, they also blame the government.

Until we start to take responsibility for our mess up and work towards becoming better persons as individuals, we'd never get it right as a nation (or individual states).
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by TheIkoro(m): 3:16pm On Jun 21, 2019
Chiomaella:
Heaps of refuse have taken over major streets and markets, disrupting traffic and pedestrian walk in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.

Our findings revealed that the refuse left uncleared for several weeks have overflown the dustbins placed in strategic places in the city.

The heaps of refuse have not only become an eyesore and health hazard, but also obstructed free flow of traffics leading to painful gridlocks and accident.

Places like Palm Street by Atakpa, Palm Street by Atu, Target by Harcourt Streets, Watt Market along Goldie, Watt Market along Nelson Mandela, Marian market have all been covered with heaps of refuse.

A resident of Palm Street, Malinda Edet, told our reporter that for some weeks, now the refuse had not been evacuated and this has made life miserable for her and her family.

“As you can see but for this pavement, the refuse would have entered my apartment. The stench alone is overpowering even as we keep doors shut”.

Mrs. Josephine Ekpam, another resident said she regularly falls sick owing to the flies and mosquitoes that live in the rubbish.

When the garbage was regularly evacuated during Senator Liyel Imoke’s time, she had no problem with the refuse bin being close to her apartment.

When We visited the Ministry of Environment, a director there Harold Ejim said, “The responsibility of evacuating rubbish has been taken from them and given to Waste Management Agency.”

At the Waste Management Agency, an official who craved anonymity said “There is a dearth of vehicles and funds for the agency to function effectively.

“Most of the vehicles here are owned by Frank Ayade, the younger brother to the governor and many are in bad state. Funds are normally channelled to him and what gets to us for diesel and vehicle repairs is hardly enough,” he lamented.

He said the agency is doing everything with the limited funds available “but if that is not enough, so be it,” he said.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/epidemic-looms-filth-take-major-streets-calabar-photos/

Exodus of swine from the Ikadan that plundered, and trampled upon the plundered, and turned even then to rend; to the Calabar that beheld it all, and knew it not.
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by Garrieveryday: 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:

What would you do? If your soak-away was blocked and backing up your toilet such that you couldn't flush without flooding your bathroom with poo...and you had no other toilet to use, would you keep on using it? I am sure you won't, so why do they keep on throwing out refuse when no one is collecting it.

I would dig a pit in my compound and burn/bury my waste...i ask again...what would you do?

Dig a pit in your compound and burn/bury it? As a tenant or as a landlord in a compound with no space to do that? What is then the essence of paying environmental tax to government? Remember waste is a product of everyday and as you keep producing it, adequate provision for evacuation should be made in same pace by the government you pay tax to. Not thinking on where to and how to manage the waste by yourself.
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by LZAA: 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
marvin906:
is this Calabar or Lagos
grin grin grin
Sarrki ooooo grin
Cc immhotep Adaibeku
Re: Filth Take Over Streets In Calabar [PHOTOS] by LZAA: 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
Reference:
Without a virile multiparty democratic climate, without a stubborn and dogged opposition party snapping at the heels of the governing party stagnation should be expected at best. No meaningful development can occur. Decadence should be expected. Such is the fate of most south-south states gripped in the vice of a laid back and indolent PDP.

The APC must be allowed to make in roads to shake up the tree of power so that the comfortable rats spoiling the fruits of democracy may fall free.

Cross-Rivers' version of political extremism is out of this world. The citizens there are nigh politically comatosed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hard Curly Hair And Shaving Bumps! Any Cure? / Friends Mourn Young Mother Who Died During Childbirth / Oluh Tochukwu, IMSUTH Doctor Returns N2.7m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.