Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

What You Can Do As A Computer Science Student To Better Your Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Can Do As A Computer Science Student To Better Your Life (348 Views)

25 Ajayi Crowther University Students Arraigned For Beating Student To Death / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Can Do As A Computer Science Student To Better Your Life by codemint: 10:27am On Jun 21, 2019
Someone asked me a question a day ago via an online platform; he said, “what can I do as a computer science student to better my life?”. I woke up to see it and will not hesitate to give my answer accordingly. I also thought you too can benefit from my answer. Now talking about what a computer science student can pursue for livelihood, there are many of them; it all depends on the opportunity available to you, if you can’t create one.

Computer science students right from their undergraduate school days are supposed to be industrious. From the way things should be, I think they should be job creators and opportunity makers. If you check their final year projects, how it is structured, designed and the proposed implementation, you will realize that these guys will perform better if resources are made available. That notwithstanding, here are other opportunities you can create for yourself for livelihood as a computer science student.

Organize seminars and training sessions
Allow me to shock you; not a lot of persons know about computer science, programming, web designing… as much as you think. The interesting part of it is that people who never had experience in this knowledge field are looking for opportunities to learn and build a career from it. You can be the architect of your own fortune and theirs too if you organize seminars and training sessions for such category of persons.

Seasoned programming
Do not wait until you are hired for a full time job. Like I said earlier, computer science students are supposed to be industrious; you can become a freelancer, not necessarily hired for full time tasks. Simply work on contract but first register and start from a freelance service.

Entrepreneur
This time around you do not need money directly to start, am sure as a computer science students you have a PC. Why don’t you start building computer science project codes for students? While doing that, meet your target market and tell them about it; trust me you will sell out.
Re: What You Can Do As A Computer Science Student To Better Your Life by calabaman(m): 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
Welldone OP.

Sad to see no one has commented on this.

But if there is a hint of the word "Regina" comments go boku....

1 Like

Re: What You Can Do As A Computer Science Student To Better Your Life by ponti93(m): 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
A computer science graduate that is not fully skilled in atleast one programming language.. Is a waste... Being fully in atleast one programming language can make you money for life... Even if u decide not to seek a full time employment

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Maritime Academy Of Nigeria (MAN) Oron Post-utme 2019: Cut-off Mark, Eligibility / UNIABUJA Sex For Marks Scandal: Another Nigerian Lecturer Caught Pants Down / Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba-Akoko Emerges Nigeria Best State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.