Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,070 members, 7,890,522 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:22 PM

Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport (11735 Views)

Newly Commissioned Abia Flyover Turned To Dumping Site (photo) / The Newly Completed Olaiya Flyover In Osogbo, Osun State / The Newly Constructed Kawu Bridge In Kaduna State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by 9jaRealist: 6:55am On Jun 22, 2019
dayleke:

Biko,
I have never been to that airport o but hotel dey inside?
I saw "Hotel Reception"in that clip. Also "Wellness Centre".
Be like say dem "mix' that video clip. Airport and some other places.

Those facilities/amenities are not up and running (not even the duty-free shops)...
But those signs are there because provisions have been made in the terminal for them.
>

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by sammyj: 6:55am On Jun 22, 2019
The citizens should also know they have their role to play to make this toilet clean!!!
SILVERLINES:
Must Nigerians criticize everything? Taking pictures of everything they see for jesting on social media?
If a government could build such airport, then at what cost does it take to keep the restroom and other minor facilities clean. Probably at the moment cleaners were not in place to keep the place tidy does not mean that's how the place ever be, till now, and ever shall it be. Nigerians and social media are the real problem of this country and why the international communities see and count us as nothing, every little thing we snap pictures and push ourselves out to the world. Probably something like this is happening in the UK and the US but we can't see it on social media make us think they are all perfect than we do.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by tiwiex(m): 7:00am On Jun 22, 2019
SILVERLINES:
Must Nigerians criticize everything? Taking pictures of everything they see for jesting on social media?
If a government could build such airport, then at what cost does it take to keep the restroom and other minor facilities clean. Probably at the moment cleaners were not in place to keep the place tidy does not mean that's how the place ever be, till now, and ever shall it be. Nigerians and social media are the real problem of this country and why the international communities see and count us as nothing, every little thing we snap pictures and push ourselves out to the world. Probably something like this is happening in the UK and the US but we can't see it on social media make us think they are all perfect than we do.

I challenge you to travel to the international airports you mentioned and sit around the clock taking pictures. You won't see anything close to this. Airport toilets are cleaned almost immediately. There is always a cleaner in sight. I am certain there is a unique procedure for managing airport facilities due to the constant human traffic. There is no excuse for this. Social media has done us more good than harm in this area anyway. The posters point is our lack of a maintenance culture. Go check how much the cleaning company dey collect, your jaw go drop.
Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by 9jaRealist: 7:03am On Jun 22, 2019
dayleke:

Biko,

Here is a still picture...

>

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by HeraldAgric01(m): 7:03am On Jun 22, 2019
I don't know why many are just quick to attribute negative things to Nigeria, plus bloggers will lift any picture and sensationalize the heading just to draw traffic. The restroom of many are even worse. Nigeria is blamed for negligence /laziness of few -shame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by 9jaRealist: 7:08am On Jun 22, 2019
tiwiex:
I challenge you to travel to the international airports you mentioned and sit around the clock taking pictures. You won't see anything close to this. Airport toilets are cleaned almost immediately. There is always a cleaner in sight. I am certain there is a unique procedure for managing airport facilities due to the constant human traffic. There is no excuse for this. Social media has done us more good than harm in this area anyway. The posters point is our lack of a maintenance culture. Go check how much the cleaning company dey collect, your jaw go drop.

It’s a made-up FAKE story...
Those pics are NOT from the Abuja Airport terminal (see 0:50 of video below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vr__4-MCq4
>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by iamapplord(m): 7:18am On Jun 22, 2019
SILVERLINES:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by General0847: 7:53am On Jun 22, 2019
SILVERLINES:

See mumu talk. Cleaners were probably not there at the moment in an international airport that operates 24 hours? We are our own problem, the ignorance is mind boggling and over 40 fools hit the like button smh.
Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by dayleke: 7:59am On Jun 22, 2019
9jaRealist:

Those facilities/amenities are not up and running (not even the duty-free shops)...
But those signs are there because provisions have been made in the terminal for them.
>

Okay, thanks.
Thank you for the clarification.
I get the picture now and you are right.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by Felixalex(m): 9:54am On Jun 22, 2019
GoldChest:

Yep

I eat early .

Okay u de enjoy
Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by sirfemoz(m): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2019
Reference:

Oga it is dirty. Your standards are far too low please. Remember it is FOR THE PUBLIC some of whom are a single bacteria away from demise. Not everyone is Tarzan.

I didn't say it's not dirty. The OP would have called the attention of a cleaner to mop the floor. If this is not deceitful, why did you only took pic of the floor?
Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by DavidEsq(m): 12:30pm On Jun 22, 2019
GoldChest:

Yep

I eat early .
Omo na so I be bfor o! Early momo, 5am, I don dey chew. The one wey dey sweet me pass before, na okro or Ogbono soup wey dem never warm. Now to even chop by 8/9am now na wahala. Kai! Man don dey take style old fo this buhari era o
Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by bigtt76(f): 2:45pm On Jun 22, 2019
Thanks for clarifying more kiss

9jaRealist:

Dude, it’s NOT “criticizing bad things” when people simply concoct FAKE stories as clickbait... undecided

>
Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by oglalasioux(m): 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2019
The job to clean that toilet has been given to another Nigerian who wants to collect the money but don't want the work. After all no be him papa house.

That's why Nigeria will never develop. Not in the next 100 years.
Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by ubox: 7:52am On Jun 23, 2019
dayleke:

Biko,
The airport was designed to have a hotel to accommodate transit flyers in the future in the event of the Abuja airport being a transit hub
Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by dayleke: 11:47am On Jun 23, 2019
ubox:

The airport was designed to have a hotel to accommodate transit flyers in the future in the event of the Abuja airport being a transit hub

Cool.
Thanks.
I hope the future gets here soon.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Share State Of The Restroom In The Newly Commissioned Abuja Airport by AngelicBeing: 2:29pm On Jun 23, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Oya my bastard and lunatic father come and pour out your frustration they say the toilet is dirty grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dana Air Adds Boeing 737- 700 Aircraft To Fleet, To Commence ‘early Bird’’ Servi / Youths Protest Terrible Condition Of Benin-Sapele Road / One Dead, Two Injured In Ogun Road Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.