Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,853 members, 7,922,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:20 PM

OAU: A Great Citadel Of Learning That Leaves A Lasting Impression! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU: A Great Citadel Of Learning That Leaves A Lasting Impression! (670 Views)

A Female Nigerian Student's Luxurious Room Leaves People Astonished / Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents / Methodist Primary School, Ekotedo, Ibadan -A Forgotten Citadel Of Learning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU: A Great Citadel Of Learning That Leaves A Lasting Impression! by tomakint: 8:41am On Jun 22, 2019
I miss Ife.
I miss her.
I miss OAU.
I miss the risky burgers, those we buy at b1 am.
I miss the events at SUB car park when UBA, Close-up, Nescafé or some other brand comes around.
I miss the shows at Amphitheatre where tickets can't be sold for more than N300 else no student will show up... I mean all students will show up, and after 2 hours the organisers will have to let em in for FREE!
I miss the Project Plays at Pit Theatre, that start at exactly 7:00:00 pm.
I miss the 2 hour prayer walks at 4 am along Road 1.
I miss the bats that litter the sky like errant warplanes, and the ones that stained our clothes with shit
I miss the nights cos OAU doesn't sleep, one of or probably the only school in Nigeria where you can walk at anytime of the day without fear of been molested.
I miss the brother and sister kneeling and holding hands at Football training pitch, perhaps asking God if 'IT' is His will.
I miss the 'aro' of Awo... sister, brother wa o... sister, you're ALMOST beautiful.
I miss the sirens of megaphones with verbose unionists coming to announce either an impending fight with management or a fight that has just been settled.
I miss the treks to Spider .
I miss the early morning preachers : Jesus Christ is coming again! How can you have a girlfriend and you want to go to heaven?
I miss the burteries that never have change.
I miss the late night readings at Ajose and Law.
I miss the 4-hour 12am walks and talks with SOMEONE.
I miss MOZ 101, SPORTS 202, MOREMI 303, MOREMI 404, MOREMI 505. I have the certificate to show for it. I miss seeing 2 become 1 at motion ground, Sports Main bowl and Philosophy foyer.
I miss the speeches that go: The voice you're hearing is the voice of kini kan kini kan... Permit me to step aside by saying Aluta Continua, Victoria... Is my girlfriend.
I miss the ladies I RAN away from cos I didn't want to DO.
I miss the ladies that said NO to me cos they didn't want.
I miss the daily Muslim call to prayers. The way those guys sing the call, they can win The Voice Nigeria.
I miss INTECU!
I miss going to New Buka to watch football matches.
I miss Tola at central market. She always sells to me at cheaper rates and she's friendly, So the other day I bought her Hollandia milk and fish roll..........that is all you can know.
I miss the waitress at Forks who always adds extra meat for me and buys me Coke if she's on duty.
I miss the ideological arguments in front of Ken Saro Wiwa SUB.
I miss Maintenance, and it's slay queens
I miss the long queues at FORKS.
I miss the fresh raw oxygen from under the trees close to Oduduwa Hall.
I miss walking around campus with no destination, but just to revel in the thrill of being alive.
I miss Everything... I miss the parading of thieves, I miss Jingo's Philosophy classes, I miss town gboro, I miss Ujcm Choir, I miss Ujcm new beginning and Missions, I miss induction, inaugural lecture, matriculation and convocation RICE.........
I miss my golden Football team mates, the ones that we won the gold medal in 2014 together.
I miss Ife.
I miss her.
I miss OAU.
But most importantly, I miss the friends I made. Some for just 1 semester, some for 2 sessions, some till just as we left school, others we'll be friends for life. But they all count. I miss the memories. They're the substance. They're what make me smile when I remember these friends. At times I feel teary too. Some, I may never see again in life. Some I'll see in 5, 10, 20 years? Who knows...
But I miss our times together... This is to YOU. I miss everything about OAU.
If u didn't graduate from OAU... walahi Na lesson u go.
#GREATIFE #OAU

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: OAU: A Great Citadel Of Learning That Leaves A Lasting Impression! by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 22, 2019
Please move this to education section.
Re: OAU: A Great Citadel Of Learning That Leaves A Lasting Impression! by Kyrx(m): 9:04am On Jun 22, 2019
You no just come, come jack book for here ohh, you chop life join.
Re: OAU: A Great Citadel Of Learning That Leaves A Lasting Impression! by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2019
Bringing back the sweet memory of Ogba Femi.

(1) (Reply)

Federal University Lokoja Set To Move To Permanent Site. / Best Graduating Student Of Engineering Gets N100 / How To Get All Paid Online Video Courses For Free [HACKED!]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.