Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,125 members, 7,880,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:55 PM

Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! (4379 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / Do Not Handover To Buhari Or Else...niger Deltans Threaten GEJ / GEJ Should Apologise To Ijaws And Niger Deltans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by omojand: 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2010
@Poster, this is called crab mentality. In Nigeria personal interest supercedes public interest. As long as they can millions of $'s through illicit patronage, they do not care if the masses crash and burn!

The poster is right that the nothern power block are petrified by the new order that would emerge. They will not see power for another 12 years. In that time IBB and Co would probarbly be dead (in addition to the drastic re-balancing of  power structures).

This is what bothers the likes of Ciroma, Yakaissi and Co. The man who is currently the deputy chair of IBBs campaign organization was at the forefront of lobying to be GEJs vice not so long ago. Now he suddenly believes IBB is better than GEJ! Politics of self interest just goes on and on,

If only our people where enlightend enough, brave enough, these men would have been dealt a major blow. If only,
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Faeb: 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2010
We need to kill tribal politics. GEJ is the best among the lot, so lets leave it at that; I don't care where he comes from, except when known tribalists decide to harp on that.

How can any thinking person even compare GEJ to the likes of IBB, Saraki, Atiku or Gusau? Such can only happen when we allow our vision be clouded by the primitivity of shallow tribal hatred.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by udojes33: 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2010
This is one of the problem of the southern nigeria. we play politics with self choice but as for our nothern oponents they only play politics of tribe and religion, if an hausa man is in the place of GEJ no matter how worst and incapable he is all hausa/fulani and other notherners must stand by him.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Mobinga: 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2010
This shows how sensible most Niger Deltan's are.

Because he is a Niger Deltan like me cool , doesn't mean we should be biased and support him even when he has failed as a leader.

I'm from the "Southest" part of the country and I know GEJ's presidency is a PDP - controlled presidency, and which is still a deadly party.
cool

Nuhu Ribadu For President
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by ow11(m): 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2010
This 'President is from my village' mentality is what is finishing us in this country. We are attacking Ciroma and Babangida because they cry zoning yet we are somehow playing that same game on this thread.

GEJ is a member of PDP. The party that has unleashed evil in this country (Odili, Alao-Akala,Daniel, Ohakim etc) and even though he is from the SS, his competence should be our main aim.

I can't vote for a man because he is from my village! I will only vote a man that can produce a blue print to change the lives of the ordinary Nigerian for good. GEJ in PDP surrounded by the hawks there cannot do so. Danjuma is his chief advisor and his atrocities are well documented!

I would rather vote for Ribadu in this election than GEJ or any other PDP candidate. Although I would rather have him win the PDP ticket rather than IBB or Atiku (Given that they may rig the elections again).
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by naijaking1: 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2010
princekevo:

My question to all of you blind supporters, is Jonathan the best that the whole south south  could produce as a president? If you guyz think he is then big shame us, but if he is not then we all have to go back to the drawing board and select the our best from SS who can bring that change Nigeria need.
Rallying around Jonathan jst becoz he is an Ijaw or from SS, not becoz am convinced he can deliver is what i can not condescend myself to do. In the first place He was never selected by the SS as our best, rather he was personally selected by an individual who is an enemy of that region for VP. So why should i be worried abt giving my mandate to someone i never chosed in the first place?

Very good question grin
For over 40 years, the north supplied us with the likes of IBB, Abacha, Buhari, and Shagari.
Individually and collectively, are they the best the north could produce

Nigeria's problems are not limited to the south south alone
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by londoner: 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2010
To be honest with you all, Nigeria needs to rid itself of PDP once and for all.

Goodluck may be a casualty, but to have him carry on as president is not enough to make another 4 years under the PDP ok.

Its now or never. I have been asking myself how come the governors who have their wards giving them a favourable appraisal, during and after their tenure are mostly from parties other than the PDP. How come people like Fashola have left a good mark on their states (even if not ALL good), when they could have embezzled all that money and instead paid people to sing their praises.

The PDP are UNABLE to conduct themselves in a system which is different from the one they have steadily reproduced year after year.

We need something so DRASTICALLY different to what PDP has and INTENDS TO KEEP GIVING US.

Sorry supporters of Goodluck, but for the sake of Nigeria he must be rejected because of the party he bolongs to. Its not that I dont support him as a person, but if supporting him means support for PDP, he is not worth it.

How many times must your own tribes people in power betray your hope for the sake of the naira, before you realise shouting for tribe is just fools gold?
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by mercy307(m): 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2010
The answer is simple. No prophet is accepted in his own country or tribe.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by truly: 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2010
londoner:

To be honest with you all, Nigeria needs to rid itself of PDP once and for all.

Goodluck may be a casualty, but to have him carry on as president is not enough to make another 4 years under the PDP ok.

Its now or never. I have been asking myself how come the governors who have their wards giving them a favourable appraisal, during and after their tenure are mostly from parties other than the PDP. How come people like Fashola have left a good mark on their states (even if not ALL good), when they could have embezzled all that money and instead paid people to sing their praises.

The PDP are UNABLE to conduct themselves in a system which is different from the one they have steadily reproduced year after year.

We need something so DRASTICALLY different to what PDP has and INTENDS TO KEEP GIVING US.

Sorry supporters of Goodluck, but for the sake of Nigeria he must be rejected because of the party he bolongs to. Its not that I dont support him as a person, but if supporting him means support for PDP, he is not worth it.

How many times must your own tribes people in power betray your hope for the sake of the naira, before you realise shouting for tribe is just fools gold?
Best post here
How can we dream of even 1 more year of slavery under PDP
The party is evil
Let us support another party - a ND man can be the president if we agree
PDP is really odious
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by IbrahimB: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2010
bermuda1:

I still believe that Goodluck will still win the election, not be cause he is a good candidate but because he has poor opposition.

Do you think GEJ will lose even if he had a strong opposition? I thought it is PDP for the next 50 years? grin. Anyway, I don't think a person like Buhari, if elections are credible, could be said to be poor opposition.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Ericology(m): 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2010
Ibime:

Silly commentary by Paddylo,

First of all on "if Ijaw blow their chance", Okah is not Ijaw.

Secondly, Niger Delta hopes do not lie in Presidency, but in federalism and land rights, issues that Jonathan completely failed to even articulate so far. I may be in minority in Niger Delta by not being a fan of GEJ, but trust that if his previous record is anything to go by, I would rather not have such a man represent my region on National stage. PDP has nothing good to offer Nigerians, much less Niger Delta.
We need more Deltans like u even more Nigerians
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Ericology(m): 10:07pm On Oct 06, 2010
MR Money £:

OPPORTUNITY LOST CAN NEVER BE REGAINED, ONCE THE ND REGION LOSE THEIR BEST CHANCE THIS TIME AROUND
FOREVER THEY BECOME SPECTATORS

Its like producing a president of ones extraction is better then producing a good president, OBJ ruled 8 yrs but all the Yoruba meat sellers and beggars didnt get more money nor free health care, Jonathan might still rule 4 yrs and Riverine ijaws wld still pay for health care and still live under thatched leave houses
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by shokpeti: 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2010
sbeezy8:

its not only niger delta its the south in general- niger delta is even worse gon.

too much division in the south - even in the niger delta like odilis and co. If GEJ loses and the lie of Zoning will end in 2015, PDP south will be split I guarantee in 2015 all presidential aspirants in PDP primaries will come from ALL zones( NW-NE-NC-SE-SS-SW) with a Northerner - winning.

thats how it will be

Its worse with the Niger Delta. Remember Bayelsa and Rivers Governors were opposed to GJ presidency till they became afraid of what may happen if he succeeds.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by cold(m): 10:23pm On Oct 06, 2010
bermuda1:

I still believe that Goodluck will still win the election, not be cause he is a good candidate but because he has poor opposition.
My thoughts exactly.More lyk a beauty pageant,whomever wins is not necessarily the most beautiful in Nigeria but the most beautiful in the contest.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by WarfyBoy(m): 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2010
to all nigerians, if we allow this opportunity to pass us by, then we will have to wait till eternity
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by BrOwnSuga3: 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2010
shame on niger deltans for what??

SHAME ON NIGERIANS!! SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOUR NIGERIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHAME ON YOU nigerians for being stupid

right now I dont have any problem with our leaders, my problems is with nigerians, why are you people so dumb and stupid? you people should answer that questions before you condemn our leaders. How can over 140 million be so dumb and cant even think right, yet we condemn the leaders for not doing things right. The poster should focus on nigerians and not just the niger deltans. The most annoying part of it is that we dont even know what we want, yet they will come here on NL and start speaking big grammar, mana will not fall from heaven this time, wake up all ye lazy nigerians wake up!!!
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by cold(m): 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2010
BrOwn*Suga:

shame on niger deltans for what??

SHAME ON NIGERIANS!! SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOUR NIGERIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHAME ON YOU nigerians for being silly

right now I dont have any problem with our leaders, my problems is with nigerians, why are you people so dumb and silly? you people should answer that questions before you condemn our leaders. How can over 140 million be so dumb and cant even think right, yet we condemn the leaders for not doing things right. The poster should focus on nigerians and not just the niger deltans. The most annoying part of it is that we dont even know what we want, yet they will come here on NL and start speaking big grammar, mana will not fall from heaven this time, wake up all ye lazy nigerians wake up!!!

And your point is _ _ _
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by oiseworld: 11:31pm On Oct 06, 2010
why do you think the people of Niger delta do not support GEJ, he is our man, if you say he has lapses fine, that is the kind of leader we want. not the well experienced (independence bomb blast) IBB, that can dribble us. smiling and laughing and gradually killing the people. at least he is still better than the yar adua who ruled or so ruled from Saudi Arabia.

GEJ we dey you back.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by mrofficial(m): 11:32pm On Oct 06, 2010
No positive changes, I don't like GEJ.

You don't trust Ribadu, So you want no action president or you prefer Babangida? Anything from PDP sucks.

Nuhu Ribadu is still the best choice for now.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by idupaul: 11:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
@ all those claiming my post was borne out of tribalist affection pls note for the upteenth time that i am nt a Niger Deltan rather my post was borne out of the fact that Nigeria has for once seen a man that can make a better difference from the diabolical leadership that has plagued us in the past . Bt to my amazement Nigerian themselves esp the Niger deltans are bent on thwarting this as a result of deep seat no bi johnny bad belle self destructive culture. Worse still is that they want to do this with no concrete reason but rather they gang on their own brother on the basis of hegemonic bigotic impulse being fuelled by no good sectionist like Ciroma and IBB. I did nt see Niger deltan attack Abacha this much when he hung saro wiwa, they did not rebel this much when they did nt have fuel to power their fishing boats. Where were day when the army howitzers decimated odi . Alas today this same niger deltan say GEJ is a bad leader jst because an IBB
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by idupaul: 12:09am On Oct 07, 2010
Continued. Alas today the same niger deltan says GEJ is nt a good leader when IBB sponsored terror squad detonated car bombs in abuja. My point is that since Adamu Ciroma and his hypocritical gang could play mute when a bunch of northerners and chadian <abacha> plunged this nation into misery then its moronic for any person of south south extraction to cast a stone at GEJ especially when he hasnt done any strategic wrong. I am sure the same folks would be the first to castigate him as a sellout if he had said he was nt running in 2011.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by shadrach77: 12:09am On Oct 07, 2010
what is nairaland's sudden fixation with GEJ? i can count 11 different topics on him on the front page  
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Arysexy(m): 12:32am On Oct 07, 2010
He shuld wake up from slumber or else we vote him out, am already thinking of Nuhu Ribadu and whatever party he goes to. GEJ seems too dull for my liking. this kind of thing cannot happen under OBJ's tenure, heads will roll. msccccccccweewwwwwwwwwww!
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by freegaza(m): 12:39am On Oct 07, 2010
Ibime:My nairaland hero
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by naijaking1: 1:57am On Oct 07, 2010
idupaul:

Continued. Alas today the same niger deltan says GEJ is nt a good leader when IBB sponsored terror squad detonated car bombs in abuja. My point is that since Adamu Ciroma and his hypocritical gang could play mute when a bunch of northerners and chadian <abacha> plunged this nation into misery then its moronic for any person of south south extraction to cast a stone at GEJ especially when he hasnt done any strategic wrong. I am sure the same folks would be the first to castigate him as a sellout if he had said he was nt running in 2011.

If you're having such a difficulty making fellow ND people see the crouching tiger about to devour everybody, imagine what a hard time Ojukwu had during the civil war making people whose brothers and sisters had been mercilessly murdered in the north to understand that if they didn't do something they too would be next.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Lenny9000(m): 2:01am On Oct 07, 2010
Once again some have showed why the SOUTH would always be slave to the NORTH. In a simple word they are united! Wether it's a dying Yaradua or An Igbo-smoking Abacha as long as he is from the NORTH he is cool. While the South always pride itself as more smart and educated, truth is the North understands the South better than the southerners themselves thats why it's all too easy to create division amongst them while they that are looked upon as Aboki Mallam stays united! Imagine Atiku & IBB as palies, Either the south rally around their own or forever hold your peace and accept being second class citizens. Nobody is asking these questions, How come non of these Northern Elders say anything when Naija was ruled by a dying man or his wife for that matter? Well they can scream from now untill their vocal cords burst out because none of them can beat Jonathan in a free and fair election, the guys popularity is growing by the day and they know this, reason they are screaming ZONING! As much as I like Jonathan, I would still vote RIBADU because he is more credible to me than any other, though he wont win.  His FB  page is under 40,000 while Jonathan is approaching 300,000 Nigerians praising his efforts,  And for those that wanna hang him, remember he is just there for a year trying to navigate a country destroyed by the North for 50yrs, 
@idupaul thanks for this thread!
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by naijaking1: 2:43am On Oct 07, 2010
^^^^
Thanks, the self-serving, over educated Adaka Boros Ibimes of this World simply don't get it.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Kobojunkie: 2:49am On Oct 07, 2010
truly:

Best post here
[size=13pt]How can we dream of even 1 more year of slavery under PDP[/size]
The party is evil
Let us support another party - a ND man can be the president if we agree
[size=13pt]PDP is really odious[/size]

I didn't even thought for one minute that there would be any question as to why dethroning PDP should be the priority for each and every Nigerian come 2011. This about turn is simply nauseating -- can't help but wonder if these are signs we are likely going to be under PDP for a lot longer than we need to be.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by whatawhat: 4:17am On Oct 07, 2010
i think is b/c he is a sellout-i don't blame them
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by 9javoice1(m): 4:35am On Oct 07, 2010
The worst GEJ is far better than any candidate hausa/Fulani can offer.  

If we want Nigeria to be like Niger or Mali then we think about Hausa/Fulani leading us.we need professionals at every post in our governance and that is the fear of the Hausa/Fulani's those that clamour for better vision and fair election shall also think about separating foreigner's from true citizens before election,definition of fairness to Hausa/Fulani is quota advantage.

Mature southerners talks politics with sound mind and rule of law while our opponent Hausa/Fulani's talk politics with deceit,read all their writeup here u Will find out.

The Arab Muslims are doing same to the west "give us land to build more mosque"they Will cry and shout,but in the middle east try to demanding land foe church they will tell you their law forbids it for now pls wait.

Who are they deceiving here. I need fairness more than anybody but i need it completely not partial.with that lets see who cries.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by revomind(m): 6:02am On Oct 07, 2010
The 'ideal southerner' in me wants Ribadu.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by igboboy1(m): 6:19am On Oct 07, 2010
You have to understand that at the end of the day the term "Niger Delta" is just just a mass grouping of very different and diverse nationalities.

In rational terms yes Niger Deltans would rally behind GEJ But the truth is that they are different groups with different priorities/agendas

1.Ijaw.
2.igbo
3.urhobo,
4. Bini
5. Isoko,
6. Efik,
7.Ibibio,
8. Itsekiri
9. Esan etc to name a few are all in the Niger Delta and are very diverse

The time JTF invaded the Ijaw villages in Warri I remember talking to one of my itsekiri friend about the genocide going on there. She swiftly rebuked me saying which genocide, they deserved it, Apparently she was still bitter about the Warri crisis of the 1990's when ijaw, itsekiri, urhobo where fighting each other.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Vows To Tackle Corruption / Christians Disguised As Muslims Arrested By The Sss In Adamawa! / IBB And Kaduna Mafia Will Never Allow A Buhari Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.