Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,090 members, 7,887,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:26 PM

Read How Nature Photographer Saved Baby Shelduck From Being Run Over By Traffic - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Read How Nature Photographer Saved Baby Shelduck From Being Run Over By Traffic (425 Views)

Russian Commander 'has DIED After Being Run Over With A Tank By His Own Army / NAF Staff Bus Almost Run Over Protesters - Video / How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read How Nature Photographer Saved Baby Shelduck From Being Run Over By Traffic by pressmanng: 6:34pm On Jun 22, 2019
Nature photographer Carl Bovis from Burnham on sea, England had to stop his van and chased these baby ShelDucks down the road to save them from being run over by traffic.

He shared the adorable pictures of the baby shelducks he snapped after he Shepherded them down the track off the road.

He wrote on his twitter handle 'Just had to stop my van at Burnham on Sea to prevent traffic running over these little Shelduck chicks, who were walking down the middle of the main road!

I got out and shepherded them down a track off the road, where I took this picture!'

Just after he thought he had saved the poor baby Shelducks and was about to continue his journey, they came back on the main road again. He had to stop again and stop the traffic in order to save the Shelducks. This time he called wildlife Rescue to save the baby shelducks from being crushed by traffic but while trying to chase them one of the shelducks disappeared down a grassy track.

His story continues 'Shelduck chicks update;

They came back out onto the road, I had to run out & stop the traffic again, unfortunately they separated, I chased one down the road & it disappeared down a grassy track.

@SWWR arrived after I called them & managed to catch the other 2..& here they are

Re: Read How Nature Photographer Saved Baby Shelduck From Being Run Over By Traffic by pressmanng: 6:36pm On Jun 22, 2019
Together with the @SWWR volunteers, I tried to find the other chick by looking down the grassy track. We couldn't find it BUT we did see an adult Shelduck come down in the field behind it! Fingers crossed it was reunited!

At least none of them were run over on a very busy road!'

Carl Bovis expressed his happiness that he was finally able to rescue the baby shelducks

He wrote 'Shelduck ducklings on the run!!!
So glad that I managed to save them from getting run down on the busy road at Burnham on Sea!'

Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Between The TOWN And GOWN; The Disparity / Hookup Lady Brutally Beaten By 9 Men After She Refused To Sleep With Them (video / Meet The Inventor Of Copy And Paste (larry Tesler)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.