Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,812 members, 7,879,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:31 PM

Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) (70272 Views)

Nigeria 3-0 Lesotho: Fans React To Substitute Paul Onuachu Volley Goal (Photos) / Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) / AFCON 2019: CAF Picks Odion Ighalo's Goal Vs Burundi As Best Of Match Day 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Kenturkey048(m): 7:14am On Jun 23, 2019
legitnow:
Media Abuse.

Ighalo score goal, yoruba leave Ighalo dey hail Ola Aina backheel.

Nigeria media is lost in their hands.
the way and manner at which una dey carry tribalism enter everything dey surprising..cant you guys just live freely for ones...las las we go all die leave this world...the life go continue..No Yoruba,igbo and hausa after then...
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Kenturkey048(m): 7:17am On Jun 23, 2019
HARDBUOI:

Supersports pundits also rated ighalo goal and chukwueze "high"..
So why leave the goal and focus on the assist even when the goal was top notch grin
the assist was not a regular assist,it was spectacular..even without the goal..the back heeled pass would have stil made headlines..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Jakama90(m): 7:18am On Jun 23, 2019
That Burundi team were very well organized.. Very unfortunate that they didn't equalise that goal.
Abey who be that keeper again? Where they go carry am come?
That keeper na confirm .. aka ewu.... Should have cost us that game.
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Reference(m): 7:19am On Jun 23, 2019
Didn't watch the match live but seen the goal replay....and it looks more speculative than I expected. Try that 10 other times and that defender will intercept it. Good attempt though.
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Magjoel(m): 7:21am On Jun 23, 2019
legitnow:
Media Abuse.

Ighalo score goal, yoruba leave Ighalo dey hail Aina backheel.

The way you guys bring tribalism into football marvelled me, Egypt's goal that was by far better than Ighalo own don't have much rating. Ighalo's goal was brilliant but can't be compared to that back heel pass. In fact if not for the back heel pass, Ighalo won't have scored

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 23, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
Uganda is not a small Team now oga.. de have the best African goal keeper now Dennis onyago...Rohr should get his line up good play iwobi as AM...ighalo and musa should start... osimhen is better than onuachu...

In terms of football, Uganda is one of the most improved countries in Africa. I wonder why people underrate them. They beat Nigeria by 1-0 in 2015, played draw with the Eagles last year in Nigeria. The beat Egypt 1-0 in Kampala during the World Cup qualifying and in the return leg, Egypt with Mo Salah could only manage a 1-0 victory in Cairo.

Uganda had beaten Ivory Coast before coming for this tournament.
People should appreciate and respect these so called ‘small footballing nations’.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 23, 2019
All I see is tribalism. Ighalo scored the goal.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 23, 2019
Magjoel:

The way you guys bring tribalism into football marvelled me, Egypt's goal that was by far better than Ighalo own don't have much rating. Ighalo's goal was brilliant but can't be compared to that back heel pass. In fact if not for the back heel pass, Ighalo won't have scored
He s saying the truth. Though he contributes but ighalo scored the goal

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Magjoel(m): 7:29am On Jun 23, 2019
beamtopola:
He s saying the truth. Though he contributes but ighalo scored the goal
Do you know that the back heel pass will still be highly rated without the goal?
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Siberia01(m): 7:33am On Jun 23, 2019
angry grin
olaBC007:
Stewpid OP don't know the difference between back heel pass and back pass embarassed
grin
olaBC007:
Stewpid OP don't know the difference between back heel pass and back pass embarassed
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Kenturkey048(m): 7:34am On Jun 23, 2019
beamtopola:
All I see is tribalism. Ighalo scored the goal.
my brother all I see is stupidity,,..appreciating the normal bypassing the unique...
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by jnrbayano(m): 7:54am On Jun 23, 2019
vicardino:

Tactical nous indeed,,, it was his non tactical sense that started mikel as CAM?

I believe he started Mikel for three reasons

1) Ball retention capacity
2) His experience at the highest level
3) Leadership

It was clear we needed a different approach when the gaffer discovered how fast and fit the Burundians were. They closed up spaces in a flash and turn defense into attack in split seconds.

Being a proactive styled manager, he needed to throw a pacy player into the fray since the onus is on us to win this match. He subbed Mikel not because of poor performance but simply for footballing reasons which were obvious at that time.

Musa injected more pace while Iwobi who dropped off for him into Mikel's vacated position introduced trickery and some one-two quick passes in the most creative position of our side.

Don't be too quick to see the bad in others... Even the bad you have struggled to mumble out is nonexistent

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by jnrbayano(m): 7:56am On Jun 23, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
God bless u for unbiased analysis..

God bless you too. I call it like I see it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by jnrbayano(m): 7:58am On Jun 23, 2019
indoorlove:
I agreed completely. The touches, passes and great movement makes me wonder if I was actually watching an European players. It was superb... Need to work on the confidence of the keeper, though.

Of course. The confidence of the goalie will develop by itself as the games come thick and fast.

It was a good display by the boys all-round
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by ernieboy(m): 8:13am On Jun 23, 2019
IgweBUIKE1:
give it to the assist,,any other striker would have still score
and any other player wouldn't be able to give the assist? back heel passes isn't rocket science. kudos to both players.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 23, 2019
Magjoel:

Do you know that the back heel pass will still be highly rated without the goal?
All Nigeria needed was a goal and not a back heel pass

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by vicardino(m): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2019
jnrbayano:

I believe he started Mikel for three reasons

1) Ball retention capacity
2) His experience at the highest level
3) Leadership

It was clear we needed a different approach when the gaffer discovered how fast and fit the Burundians were. They closed up spaces in a flash and turn defense into attack in split seconds.

Being a proactive styled manager, he needed to throw a pacy player into the fray since the onus is on us to win this match. He subbed Mikel not because of poor performance but simply for footballing reasons which were obvious at that time.

Musa injected more pace while Iwobi who dropped off for him into Mikel's vacated position introduced trickery and some one-two quick passes in the most creative position of our side.

Don't be too quick to see the bad in others... Even the bad you have struggled to mumble out is nonexistent

I stopped reading when you said "Rohr" is a proactive manager. You probably have confused reactive for proactive. If he was ever proactive, he would have played the right players and right formation from the get go. You can hail him as you can but i'm sure you wouldn't be hailing him if his selection and formation had cost us that match. And please you may wanna check what proactive means. He subbed mikel not for poor performance? I guess mikel was subbed for being too good then.

Oga, I guess you know me enough to have advised me not to be quick to see bad in others. I'm a realist, not a Rohr fanboy
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by placeofallure(f): 8:28am On Jun 23, 2019
jnrbayano:

This is the best Super Eagle's display against any side since they played vs Cot d Ivoire in 2013. If that game ended in a goaless draw, only a blind man who is a hater will discredit the boys. They won and you say?

Burundi boys were a very cohesive unit, very quick and super fit, it was clear for all to see. Their display deserve 3pts or worse case 1pt. They didn't put their foot wrong. Not more than 2 teams in the entire continent will be able to defeat Burundi if they played the way they did against Nigeria.

Then Rohr, he displayed his tactical nous by replacing Mikel and reverting to a 4-4-2 formation. The introduction of Musa injected new blood, while playing Iwobi in the hole between the no 9 and Ndidi/Etebo, those were simply genius tactical twicking...

Our boys were superlative. They played with so much hunger

Well said. I didn't want to watch initially, but the boys proved me wrong. Don't know we still have it in us like this. Our boys were sharp and alive to dangers. Burundi team were a tough nut to crack, especially after the break, they seemed to have garnered more confidence, but Ighalo to the rescue. I particularly like Chukwueze's movement and Aina's assist. Great game in all and Congratulations to them.
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by vicardino(m): 8:30am On Jun 23, 2019
jnrbayano:

Of course. The confidence of the goalie will develop by itself as the games come thick and fast.

It was a good display by the boys all-round

Now, I know you ain't a realist and I respect that. Akpeyi ain't a small GK or a newbie who should be suffering from lack of confidence. Sir, do you know since when Akpeyi has been in super eagle? A veteran goalkeeper and you are saying his confidence will develop by itself as the games come thick and fast? He's 32 years old sir, if you know what that means. If only you watch more than super eagle's games which I even doubt you do cos if you do, you should know that akpeyi is nigeria's calamity James. But from someone who said Rohr is proactive, I find no offense in knowing that he doesn't know akpeyi.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Aystarz: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2019
legitnow:
Media Abuse.

Ighalo score goal, yoruba leave Ighalo dey hail Aina backheel.

That you're spilling this at all makes you a hypocritical tribalist. It's the worse form of bigotry.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:03am On Jun 23, 2019
gbosaa:

In terms of football, Uganda is one of the most improved countries in Africa. I wonder why people underrate them. They beat Nigeria by 1-0 in 2015, played draw with the Eagles last year in Nigeria. The beat Egypt 1-0 in Kampala during the World Cup qualifying and in the return leg, Egypt with Mo Salah could only manage a 1-0 victory in Cairo.

Uganda had beaten Ivory Coast before coming for this tournament.
People should appreciate and respect these so called ‘small footballing nations’.
thank you Uganda are one of the dark horses to win this tournament aside Senegal,morroco,Egypt,nigeria,ghana

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:06am On Jun 23, 2019
Skseries:
that's what we keep getting wrong, I feel the idea of deploying onuachu was for his height, he his tall so in can get into crosses, but that will have only worked if we had good crossers of the ball, how many crosses can we say was perfect yesterday? So I don't blame the guy, ighalo onuachu and osinme all have a different style of play and give flavour to the attack, I expected ighalo to start yesterday and mayb Paul in second half or osinme but then am impressed Rhor is bold enuf to tweek things now
when last did we play crossing football...how do u twerk things in tournaments...wen you should do that in friendlies... Rohr made onuachu a minus yesterday.. Mikel was in effective too... iwobi should have done much better as AM...not on the flanks
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Eleponblue(m): 9:08am On Jun 23, 2019
[b][/b]
emeijeh:
I hope Nigerians has finally forgiven Ighalo tonight for the Nigeria vs Argentina World cup 2018 miss
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by jnrbayano(m): 10:10am On Jun 23, 2019
vicardino:

I stopped reading when you said "Rohr" is a proactive manager. You probably have confused reactive for proactive. If he was ever proactive, he would have played the right players and right formation from the get go. You can hail him as you can but i'm sure you wouldn't be hailing him if his selection and formation had cost us that match. And please you may wanna check what proactive means. He subbed mikel not for poor performance? I guess mikel was subbed for being too good then.

Oga, I guess you know me enough to have advised me not to be quick to see bad in others. I'm a realist, not a Rohr fanboy

You stopped reading when you saw a word in the first paragraph and reacted to the sentence at the last paragraph. Contradiction. Happy Sunday all the same
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by jnrbayano(m): 10:14am On Jun 23, 2019
vicardino:

Now, I know you ain't a realist and I respect that. Akpeyi ain't a small GK or a newbie who should be suffering from lack of confidence. Sir, do you know since when Akpeyi has been in super eagle? A veteran goalkeeper and you are saying his confidence will develop by itself as the games come thick and fast? He's 32 years old sir, if you know what that means. If only you watch more than super eagle's games which I even doubt you do cos if you do, you should know that akpeyi is nigeria's calamity James. But from someone who said Rohr is proactive, I find no offense in knowing that he doesn't know akpeyi.

I'm a realist and that was why I posited his confidence to grow as the games of this "Nation's cup" come thick and fast.

You are the best motivator of yourself bro. He will be fine
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by fortune1968: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2019
youngest85:
Ighalo go still fall una hand
see persimist . Be positive .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by HARDBUOI: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2019
Kenturkey048:
the assist was not a regular assist,it was spectacular..even without the goal..the back heeled pass would have stil made headlines..

Spare me that JOOR... The assist is good but goal was better.
what if he has missed would u still be talking about the assist? undecided
Pls that goals is class trying and watch the replay again..look at the angle.. Many European strikers will miss that goal
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by vicardino(m): 10:22am On Jun 23, 2019
jnrbayano:

You stopped reading when you saw a word in the first paragraph and reacted to the sentence at the last paragraph. Contradiction. Happy Sunday all the same

Well, reading and seeing ain't the same, are they? Happy Sunday sire
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by HARDBUOI: 10:24am On Jun 23, 2019
Kenturkey048:
my brother all I see is stupidity,,..appreciating the normal bypassing the unique...

Stop being too emotional, the goal is not n ordinary goal so there is no way u will rate the assist more than the goal
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by vicardino(m): 10:25am On Jun 23, 2019
jnrbayano:

I'm a realist and that was why I posited his confidence to grow as the games of this "Nation's cup" come thick and fast.

You are the best motivator of yourself bro. He will be fine

A 32 year old veteran goalkeeper isn't the one who needs his confidence to grow as the tournament progresses. Well, what do I know?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Australia : FIFA Women World Cup (3 - 2) On 27th July 2023 / Benzema Flaunts His New Bugatti Chiron That's Worth N965 Million / Super Falcons Wearing Skirts In France (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.