Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,634 members, 7,921,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:27 AM

What Will You Do In This Situation? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do In This Situation? (3449 Views)

Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do In This Situation? by Iogobenz(m): 9:09pm On Jun 29, 2019

Re: What Will You Do In This Situation? by nurey(m): 11:46am On Jun 30, 2019
Iogobenz:
Update;
So this week has been good to me,so what better way to do it than pay some of the favours forward?
So I thought of the people I could make happy and I remembered guess who?my dad.
So I went to him on Wednesday and told him to calculate all his rent backlogs and we did it and it amounted to 330k.
Oh Yeah?I said oh Well,get in the car so we go see the estate agent managing the property.
Got there and the woman was being rude and all.
The usual me would have bashed the hell out of the fool but I wasn't just in the mood for any fight.
So I sat and listened while she ran her mouth.
Excused my self in the middle of the talk,went to my booth and brought the money in cash and dropped on her table.
You needed to see the surprise on everyone's face since no one expected it grin
She was confused perhaps because she thought I was one of the numerous people that came to beg on his behalf undecided
Then I dropped the bomb!told her this was my DAD!
So watch the things you say before I scatter this your crappy office I said to myself.
So everyone was happy,exchanged pleasantries and left.
She even invited me to her church this Sunday since we happen to live close by undecided
No be you be dey make noise just now?(money good o)
Well...
I left abruptly because I had a meeting to attend with some people.
Wasn't doing much after that day so I said I will pay them a surprise visit soon.
Woke up today and was bored and I just decided to go there and see how they were faring.
I didn't call anyone yet and just jumped In the car and drove.
I didn't know it was sanitation sef and got into some serious issues with the law.i payed and sweet talk my way out sha and made some new friends.
I like keeping as much law enforcers as possible because one never knows!
Anyways,when I was like 10 minutes away from his house,I called and lucky enough I did else I would have wasted my time going all the way as there wasn't anyone home.
He directed me to his new job and it wasn't too far from where I was so it was a win win for me.
I got there and saw him,we both smiled and all..
Directed me on where to park while other workers were saying no no you can't park here,he shunned everyone that this is my son!lol..
He was with one man and when he introduced me as his son,the guy was surprised!like he didn't know he has such a grown up son lol and I am BIG in stature.
Got out and greeted everyone,discussed with some people and he took me in.
He kept introducing me to everyone as his son and I saw how happy he was to do it.and we look so much alike sha.
So you could be proud of me like this undecided and you want kill me when I dey your house lol.i said to myself of course.
But I did not like the way I saw him and his new job.
It isn't much tbh and I believe he should not be doing this at this age!
We talked about the things I saw there and I even got some business idea from them.well,we'll look into that later...
Exchanged pleasantries again and I told him I am leaving.wished me farewell and the guy he was with said something to me in igbo that touched me to the bone.
He said;ka unu ne nekota nna gi o maka na obu so unu ka anyi ji enwe hope.meaning you people should be taking care of your father's because all our hopes are on you guys.
I said ok and I drove off..but on my way I wasn't myself because of what that guy said.
I was thinking a great deal and decided to let all that vendetta go almost immediately.
Pulled up at the nearest ATM and withdrew 150k.
Turned and sped to his job again.
After like 5 mins,I got back there and he was still outside with that man and they spotted me.
Pulled in again,got down and handed him the cash...
There was just so much awe in the air and I decided to leave immediately!I don't like all the thank you stuff.makes me feel somehow.
So he walked me again to the car,this time,he spotted my cigarette and lighter where I keep it by the door shocked
We laughed about it,hugged him and I zoomed off!
That was how I spent my today and I have been happy since.
Atleast I made someone happy today smiley
I am planning a big surprise for them this year,perhaps October or so....
Life is nothing las las and it wouldn't make sense to be ok while your blood perish!
After all ndi igbo si;onye ji ego emegbuna nwanne ya and I so much love this saying.like take care of family if you can.
N.a. so o.ka odi wa,nsogbu adiro.

Good I would have have bashed you if you continued to hold grudges against them.

A man is not successful if he is rich and people around him are in penury.

if you had done the worst by separating your dad from the woman and leave her to fend for herself and the kids, imagine if she isn't upto it and some of your step Brothers become nuisance to the society one day karma will bring you face to face with them they could be robbers,thugs etc and harm you and your family in that instance.

Then you will regret using your power for evil rather than good back then.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do In This Situation? by peacefulhome(f): 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2019
Iogobenz:
Update;
So this week has been good to me,so what better way to do it than pay some of the favours forward?
So I thought of the people I could make happy and I remembered guess who?my dad.
So I went to him on Wednesday and told him to calculate all his rent backlogs and we did it and it amounted to 330k.
Oh Yeah?I said oh Well,get in the car so we go see the estate agent managing the property.
Got there and the woman was being rude and all.
The usual me would have bashed the hell out of the fool but I wasn't just in the mood for any fight.
So I sat and listened while she ran her mouth.
Excused my self in the middle of the talk,went to my booth and brought the money in cash and dropped on her table.
You needed to see the surprise on everyone's face since no one expected it grin
She was confused perhaps because she thought I was one of the numerous people that came to beg on his behalf undecided
Then I dropped the bomb!told her this was my DAD!
So watch the things you say before I scatter this your crappy office I said to myself.
So everyone was happy,exchanged pleasantries and left.
She even invited me to her church this Sunday since we happen to live close by undecided
No be you be dey make noise just now?(money good o)
Well...
I left abruptly because I had a meeting to attend with some people.
Wasn't doing much after that day so I said I will pay them a surprise visit soon.
Woke up today and was bored and I just decided to go there and see how they were faring.
I didn't call anyone yet and just jumped In the car and drove.
I didn't know it was sanitation sef and got into some serious issues with the law.i payed and sweet talk my way out sha and made some new friends.
I like keeping as much law enforcers as possible because one never knows!
Anyways,when I was like 10 minutes away from his house,I called and lucky enough I did else I would have wasted my time going all the way as there wasn't anyone home.
He directed me to his new job and it wasn't too far from where I was so it was a win win for me.
I got there and saw him,we both smiled and all..
Directed me on where to park while other workers were saying no no you can't park here,he shunned everyone that this is my son!lol..
He was with one man and when he introduced me as his son,the guy was surprised!like he didn't know he has such a grown up son lol and I am BIG in stature.
Got out and greeted everyone,discussed with some people and he took me in.
He kept introducing me to everyone as his son and I saw how happy he was to do it.and we look so much alike sha.
So you could be proud of me like this undecided and you want kill me when I dey your house lol.i said to myself of course.
But I did not like the way I saw him and his new job.
It isn't much tbh and I believe he should not be doing this at this age!
We talked about the things I saw there and I even got some business idea from them.well,we'll look into that later...
Exchanged pleasantries again and I told him I am leaving.wished me farewell and the guy he was with said something to me in igbo that touched me to the bone.
He said;ka unu ne nekota nna gi o maka na obu so unu ka anyi ji enwe hope.meaning you people should be taking care of your father's because all our hopes are on you guys.
I said ok and I drove off..but on my way I wasn't myself because of what that guy said.
I was thinking a great deal and decided to let all that vendetta go almost immediately.
Pulled up at the nearest ATM and withdrew 150k.
Turned and sped to his job again.
After like 5 mins,I got back there and he was still outside with that man and they spotted me.
Pulled in again,got down and handed him the cash...
There was just so much awe in the air and I decided to leave immediately!I don't like all the thank you stuff.makes me feel somehow.
So he walked me again to the car,this time,he spotted my cigarette and lighter where I keep it by the door shocked
We laughed about it,hugged him and I zoomed off!
That was how I spent my today and I have been happy since.
Atleast I made someone happy today smiley
I am planning a big surprise for them this year,perhaps October or so....
Life is nothing las las and it wouldn't make sense to be ok while your blood perish!
After all ndi igbo si;onye ji ego emegbuna nwanne ya and I so much love this saying.like take care of family if you can.
N.a. so o.ka odi wa,nsogbu adiro.

This update of yours really touched me. I did not know when tears came dropping. Thank you for letting go of all the pains . I have similar family crisis like yours, although my dad is late now but I know a day we come that I will be in search of my half sisters and brothers to take very good care of them . Not for any reason but to put a smile on my dad face where ever he his, because my dad seek for our forgiveness before he dead. My step mom came into my dad life as a badluck. Her footprint took alway all the good life we were introduced at our early life. . Let me just stop here.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do In This Situation? by miib: 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2019
bukatyne:

Your story is touching.

However, until you hold your father accountable for his actions, you would not heal.

The 2nd wife did nothing to your family.

He decided for whatever reason to break the vow with your mother and move on.

I will say situation like this makes someone have grudges from nowhere with the new wife. I very well understand the OP point clearly.

I have a friend with similar story, the father abandoned two wives at home, though he has grown up kids, the last kid of the Father called to inform me he doesn't know what to do that his dad has no money with him, but he is afraid to give him money because he knows he is going to spend it with the concubine (not legally or traditionally married but rented a house for her, mind you, the wife has three kids she brought from her previous marriage). In which he doesn't take care of the two wives at home (my friend's mother and stepmother)

In this scenario, someone will be looking at the other wife or concubine as the evil here, cause she knows this man has kids and wives to cater for. If this wife should birth a kid, I definitely know she is not going to get good treat from the husband's older kids.
Re: What Will You Do In This Situation? by bukatyne(f): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
miib:

I will say situation like this makes someone have grudges from nowhere with the new wife. I very well understand the OP point clearly.

I have a friend with similar story, the father abandoned two wives at home, though he has grown up kids, the last kid of the Father called to inform me he doesn't know what to do that his dad has no money with him, but he is afraid to give him money because he knows he is going to spend it with the concubine (not legally or traditionally married but rented a house for her, mind you, the wife has three kids she brought from her previous marriage). In which he doesn't take care of the two wives at home (my friend's mother and stepmother)

In this scenario, someone will be looking at the other wife or concubine as the evil here, cause she knows this man has kids and wives to cater for. If this wife should birth a kid, I definitely know she is not going to get good treat from the husband's older kids.

No matter how sad it sounds, the other woman is not their problem.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Advice My Younger Brother. Nairalanders Please Help!!! / Woman Jailed In Nakuru, Kenya, For Having Sex With Her 5 Year Old Son / Somebody Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.