Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,858 members, 7,942,149 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 09:58 PM

Gmail For Android Is Getting Dark Mode (photos) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gmail For Android Is Getting Dark Mode (photos) (1093 Views)

Google Voice App Is Getting Dark Theme Support On Android / Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More / Pls Help!!! My Android Is Showing battery Temperature Low, Fail Charging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gmail For Android Is Getting Dark Mode (photos) by Freebuzz: 7:41am On Jun 23, 2019

2019 seems to be the darkest year in mobile OS history, if you count the fact that both Android and iOS are getting official system-wide dark themes. Not only that, but Google and Apple are also busy working on adding dark themes to all of their mobile apps.

The latest one to get the treatment is Gmail for Android, but don’t pop the champagne just yet. It’s still very much a work in progress, even though it is randomly showing up for people running the latest version of the app. You can also download the app I created specially for deleting email spams and junk so as to increase phone ram here

For now, the dark theme is only there in the Gmail app’s Settings. You don’t get it in the main window or the sidebar, unfortunately. Also, it seems to come on and off when it wants to, and you have no control over it because there’s no toggle to enable or disable dark mode.Hopefully Google is hard at work turning this into an actual full dark theme for Gmail, and will release that soon – or, at the latest, when Android Q comes out in August. It would be sad for Pixel owners to enable the system-wide dark theme and find built-in apps such as Gmail still not supporting it.

READ MORE AT :-
https://freebuzz.com.ng/2019/06/23/gmail-for-android-is-getting-dark-mode-photos/

Mynd44
dominique
Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gmail For Android Is Getting Dark Mode (photos) by dayveed1(m): 9:37am On Jun 23, 2019
Welcome development.
Re: Gmail For Android Is Getting Dark Mode (photos) by bravesoul247(m): 11:21am On Jun 23, 2019
Nice one from Google. Maybe I'll upgrade my Gmail app.
Re: Gmail For Android Is Getting Dark Mode (photos) by TrevorDJ(m): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2022
Dark mode has become a trendy feature these past few years, and more and more websites are jumping on the bandwagon. This article teaches you how to make Gmail display in dark mode on desktop, Android, and iOS devices.

https://www.novabach.com/how-to-make-gmail-display-in-dark-mode/

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With My Samsung! / Infinix Hotnote For Sale (7k) / Android 10 Stable Just Rolled Out On The Essential Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.