Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:05 AM

TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] (11856 Views)

Look At These 2 Beautiful Queens and I'll Tell You What Happened [Picture] / Beware Guys : I Had Sex 10 Times Within A Week And Now This Happened (Picture) / SHE'S SHOCKED: I Went to Buy Corn And Met Her. This Is What Happened [PICTURE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
This short post is anti-school, but pro-skill. You'll learn a lot.

I always emphasize the need for Nigerian youths to focus more one skills than school.

Unfortunately, most parents were brainwashed by their own parents that school is the key to success.

No, it's not, but education is. Education can be acquired even in your room without going out.

I only have 1 best friend and I'll tell you a story about him. I went to...

Typing...
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
I went to his today and he showed me two laptops. "Did you buy them?" I asked.

"No. A commissioner's relation gave them to me," he replied. "Are commissioners sharing laptops?" I jokingly asked again.

"Hahaha. No. The guy gave them to me and said the commissioner assumed office and decided to discard all nonfunctional gadgets in his office, etc. He said they're not working and gave them to me to try if I could repair them," he replied. I...

Typing...
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2019
"I searched online for tips, but couldn't find, so I figured them myself, opened the PCs and fixed them, then reinstalled new Windows OS and now I'm running some utility software to finally finish the work. I spoke with him and I'll be the owner of one of the PCs for a job well done," he added. Now, here is...

Typing...

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
Now, here is what you should know about him or me. We have degrees, but skill is what we love more. I have a BSc. and was given a Masters' scholarship to study for free, but I declined. He has a BSc. and a Masters' degree.

Despite these stupid degrees, we don't don't believe in degrees. We did them just to make our families happy, but skill is what we love. Most people who focus only on degrees are still jumping from one office to another searching for a job, but we don't — we create jobs.

We are...

1. Graphic designers
2. Programmers
3. Web developers
4. Phone repair engineers
5. Laptop repair engineers
6. Video editors
7. Authors
8. Barbers
9. Relationship educators
10. Etc.

I don't want to list all of them because most of you won't believe it. This post is to...

Typing...

4 Likes

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
This post is to let you know that with skills, you'll never lack money because you're in demand. In fact, most of these skills, we do them for fun — we repair gadgets for fun right from childhood.

We grew up in the same street back when we were kids in the village, so it's been a long time coming.

My friend is the best mathematician I have ever known (he solves all further maths with ease) and I'm his best relationship mentor he has ever known.

So, I'm not talking down on "going to school" because our brains no fit carry book. E fit carry, but we realize say school na scam. Skill na him be the koko. Without our...

Typing...

4 Likes 1 Share

With our skills, we have made millions of Naira, but with our degrees, we haven't made a dime.

We can solve almost any problems about ICT, sex, and relationship. This is to say, we can't lack money because we have lots of skills, not lots of degrees.

He fixed two computers in less than 2 hours. If these computers were taken to a PC repair guy, the commissioner's relative would've spent at least 50k to fix both.

Sadly, most of these repair guys are fond of stealing components from customers' phones or PC and replacing them with fake ones. With us, everything is 100% safe. With video...

Typing...

1 Like

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
With video editing skill alone and a digital camera, you can make more money than most professors. He could document how he repaired the two PCs in form of a video tutorial and post it on YouTube.

Anyway, he is doing it already. This is to say, he will make money for the rest of his life with something that took him less than 2 hours to fix. Those with...

Typing...

1 Like

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2019
Those with skills + good marketing will continue to make money even during financial crisis, but those with only degrees may end you never getting a job or being sacked from the one they're managing. Or, being depressed after a long period of trying to get a job.

Dear friends, focus on "skill education," not "school education."

Having multiple skills = multiple sources of income while having multiple degrees without multiple skills = multiple ego. Look around...

Typing...
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
Look around you and you'll see people with big degrees without connection or skills wasting at home.

The only thing they have are degrees, ego, and hope. To me, it's better to have focus and skill instead of degree and hope.

Even if you succeed with a degree and hope, you'll end up working for a man with focus and skill. Think about it. Why be a slave in your own country working a 9-5 job when you can own slaves working for you all over the world while in your room or while you sleep? Example...

Typing...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
Example.

If you document your skill in form of a video and upload it on YouTube, you'll make money while you sleep as long as people watch them. YouTube and the people watching these videos are your financial slaves.

If you turn the contents of these videos to a book, then Amazon and online book buyers become your financial slaves. If we order...

Typing...

1 Like

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
If we order 100 spoilt computers for 10k each, the chances of repairing 70 is high and if we rebrand and resell them, that will be a couple of millions. Think about it.

There are 50+ ways to make money, but degree is the least on the hierarchy.

Be wise, be smart — acquire a digital skill even if you have a 1st class degree or a distinction.

I have a lot to say, but it's always better to say less than necessary.

Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2019
Bro, as much as your story makes a lot of sense, do NOT discredit having an education, over skills. You education gave you ability to read and write, provided proper needed thought process to be able to even learn how to use a computer, let alone fix it.
Many people enter the work force (with their degrees) without the need for added digital skills... What works for Jide, does not automatically work for Bolaji.

15 Likes

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by ColdHeatt: 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
I used to erroneously think that iLegend talks only (dirty) sex. Now he has proven me wrong. Thank God I opened this story for my younger ones benefit.

3 Likes

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by Tony142: 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2019
iLegendd:
If we order 100 spoilt computers for 10k each, the chances of repairing 70 is high and if we rebrand and resell them, that will be a couple of millions. Think about it.

There are 50+ ways to make money, but degree is the least on the hierarchy.

Be wise, be smart — acquire a digital skill even if you have a 1st class degree or a distinction.

I have a lot to say, but it's always better to say less than necessary.

Thank you.

#facts

2 Likes

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
My own skill is building android apps.

Meanwhile

Get an android app for your business, website, organization, church, union at an affordable price
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by BiafranBushBoy: 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2019
wamiikechukwu:

Meanwhile

Get an android app for your business, website, organization, church, union at an affordable price

Looking for whom to scam Shea...

All of una NL sellers na mostly scammers.

4 Likes

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

Looking for whom to scam Shea...

All of una NL sellers na mostly scammers.

I don't sell anything physical products just my skill, I can build it without payment.
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by ken6488(m): 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
grin

I use all my skIlls for

Free internet cheats

I can create a vpn
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by Fidelismaria: 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
Cool

What digital skill is a must have in this century?
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by Fidelismaria: 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2019
ken6488:
grin

I use all my skIlls for

Free internet cheats

I can create a vpn

Any free internet cheat on 9mobile?
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by ken6488(m): 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2019
Fidelismaria:

Any free internet cheat on 9mobile?

No bro wink
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by INCREDIBLEGUY: 9:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
I USe my own skill to make at least 35k on net every month grin grin grin
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
I use my skill to play 12 and and make atleast 50k a month

Please don't be like me
You don't want to go down there
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by BiafranBushBoy: 10:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
wamiikechukwu:

I don't sell anything physical products just my skill, I can build it without payment.

I don't trust you to do what you just said.

But if you can, then send me a message.

The last guy took my money and ran away.
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by Offpoint1: 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
My skills:

Phone Engineer
Computer Engineer
Born Barber
Carpenter
Electrician
Radionic
Graphics designs
Lyricist
Born rapper
Web Designer/dev
Chef
I'm good at drawing and painting
Generator repairer [Thanks to YouTube]
currently learning 3D modeling
I'm handy man....

Was too inquisitive as a child, no electronics at home I've not opened as a kid. I've suffered a lot of electric shockgrin

DISADVANTAGES:
lack of sleep
My room is always a mess, scraps, screws, nuts everywheregrin

6 Likes

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by Elimon(m): 12:36am On Jun 25, 2019
Offpoint1:
My skills:

Phone Engineer
Computer Engineer
Born Barber
Carpenter
Electrician
Radionic
Graphics designs
Lyricist
Born rapper
Web Designer/dev
Chef
I'm good at drawing and painting
Generator repairer [Thanks to YouTube]
currently learning 3D modeling
I'm handy man....

Was too inquisitive as a child, no electronics at home I've not opened as a kid. I've suffered a lot of electric shockgrin

DISADVANTAGES:
lack of sleep
My room is always a mess, scraps, screws, nuts everywheregrin
your the future of Nigeria,my friend

1 Like

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by lillan042(f): 12:37am On Jun 25, 2019
Can i learn from you?

wamiikechukwu:

Meanwhile

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by kunkelhanspeter(m): 1:06am On Jun 25, 2019
Like our senators and governors have skills abi ?
Just asking
Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 25, 2019
Sadly, this is the truth.

1 Like

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by Kaemzy: 5:00am On Jun 25, 2019
Great message

1 Like

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by iamtooslime: 5:11am On Jun 25, 2019
Big facts

1 Like

Re: TODAY, I Went to a Friend's House and This Happened [Picture] by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 25, 2019
This is the problem with Nigeria, just because something didn't work out well for you, you end up discouraging others. I hate to hear people say education is a waste of time. The story Mr A (Medicine and Surgery) will give to you after graduation would be different from Mr B(Linguistic) in respect to getting a well-paid job. Someone who studied civil engineer can be self-employed immediately after graduation while another with a petroleum engineering certificate will need to get a job probably in the oil and gas sector and we all know how difficult that is. It all boils down to what you have studied in school.

The aforementioned skills are mostly computer science-related, so, I can as well study computer science and learn those skills. Education shouldn't be ruled out, I suggest we should go to school to gain knowledge then apply what we have learnt in creating jobs for ourselves. Do you know why Indians are doing so well in engineering, medicine even with their high population; they have one of the best doctors in the US is because they take their studies so important especially the sciences, is the only way they can break out of poverty so an Indian told me and in the long run, it is helping their economy.

Just do you and let others do what is best for them. My only advice is we should study a lucrative/professional course and we wouldn't need to start seeking employment after graduation.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Tacha Shows Off Her Her Pr*vate Part Whilst Wearing Her Panties / Ladies You Have Done Atleast One Of This!!. / I Will Visit Ashawo 2mrw For The 1st Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.