Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,302 members, 7,950,547 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful (9647 Views)

Peter Obi Has Been Successful In Penetrating The NW And The NE / IPOB Has Destroyed Nigeria And MNK Has Been Successful / How Nigeria Succeeded In Clipping Twitter's Wings - BBC News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by udemzyudex(m): 5:34pm On Jun 25, 2019
Arda1000:
ure very foolish

Lol.. You will die in pains. Uselss human being.
Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by Yyeske(m): 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2019
PDJT:

-Please do.

-Meanwhile, the Biafra question is not even up to Nigeria to decide but those keeping Nigeria afloat.

You are no longer ECOWAS citizens and can't move around freely.
The Alien land act comes into effect and Biafrans in Nigeria with land and buildings lose it all.
You might need a visa into Nigeria or any other ECOWAS country to visit because Nigeria could veto the entry of Biafra into ECOWAS.
Biafra is surrounded by Nigeria and entry or exit into/from Biafra into Nigeria would be at Nigeria's discretion.

I can go on and on.

Britain is still having problems with the EU after brexit, you think it's that easy
Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by mrvitalis(m): 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
Lol ....the igbos want the south south not for oil but because of access to see

In the propose biafra each of the provrence control her resources and pay tax to the central government ...so whats the fuss about

For me i think igbos should stop protecting south south , doing this makes us look desperate

Im sure akwa-cross would follow igbos the rest can stay in nigeria

Once we have access to sea the rest is history

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by PDJT: 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2019
Yyeske:
That isn't the issue, what we are talking about is the SS going with Biafra, some countries all over the world far more richer and more developed than Nigeria have similar issues

-Today’s Biafra restoration movement isn’t for unwilling groups. What we don’t want is another Nigeria.

-Biafra offers a better deal for any group within it - Resource control as practiced in United States.

-You and I know, there is huge desire from our people to restore Biafra, that’s why Nigeria is uncomfortable. Let’s have a Democratic vote on it today, if Biafra doesn’t get more than 80%, then we would all abandon the movement.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by Yyeske(m): 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2019
Kahujadekadura:
How is then Isreal a successful country not withstanding it was surrounded by Islamic country.
Do u think that Nig won't find sth interesting in East. Who told u dat all minorities will feel better be a Nig than a country dey can join in writing their new constitution that will favour dem and d SE.
Bros if u guys think it is impossible that they can't move an inches in their new state u should gv dem d Biafra and see dem suffer.
Won't u like to smile while Biafra suffers.
She has seaports and do not need to fly over foreign countries which of course Biafra would need to beg Nigeria to use.
Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by PDJT: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2019
mrvitalis:
Lol ....the igbos want the south south not for oil but because of access to see

In the propose biafra each of the provrence control her resources and pay tax to the central government ...so whats the fuss about

For me i think igbos should stop protecting south south , doing this makes us look desperate

Im sure akwa-cross would follow igbos the rest can stay in nigeria

Once we have access to sea the rest is history

-Those making a case for or mentioning South South are not Igbos but our usual detractors. If you even offer me Igbo-only Biafra today, I will snap your hand off and run with it.

2 Likes

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by kingzizzy: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2019
Yyeske:
They don't want an Igbo domination, they prefer other bigger ethnic groups checkmating the Igbos, if you don't like their decision, report to the nearest police station.
They don't like or want Igbo domination, simple.

Very funny. They want other bigger ethnic groups to be checkmating Igbos but it is the bigger ones than have been running things since the end of the war and marginalising them for 50 years.

80% of their Oil wealth is already in the hands of the Notherners. Even the restructuring they want is not possible because the North dont care about it. It's like the story of the person who thought mosquitoes were his problem until he opened his eyes and realised that the room was full of reptiles

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by Yyeske(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
PDJT:

-Today’s Biafra restoration movement isn’t for unwilling groups. What we don’t want is another Nigeria.

-Biafra offers a better deal for any group within it - Resources control as practiced in United States.

-You and I know, there is huge desire from our people to restore Biafra, that’s why Nigeria is uncomfortable. Let’s have a Democratic vote on it today, if Biafra doesn’t get more than 80%, then we would all abandon the movement.
Whichever way you argue your point, have it at the back of your mind that Biafra would be surrounded by Nigeria and you need a deal with Nigeria to operate as a functional country.

Britain with it's free ports and wealth is still having problems with the EU
Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by selemempe: 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
Officialgarri:

To further buttress your point, I'll cite an example.
I'm sure most of y'all have always heard that Nigeria gives (sells) electricity to Ghana, Togo..... While we suffer
It's basically because of our geographical position. Our refusal to meet their needs will make them to dam the waters, hence, no water and electricity for us.

With Biafran's geographical location, they would be choked to a fault that they would beg to return. I can assure you that, with all sense of leniency and pathetic favours, they would remit at least 25% of their revenue back to Nigeria. I mean if Nigeria shows them mercy. If not....
look at biafra in 1967....how will they be choked? Sea they have....oil they have..rivers they have....gas they have....90% christian...igbo population 68% as at 1967....ojukwu would have remained in power as a dictator supported by igbos.....bro are u ok?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by Yyeske(m): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2019
PDJT:

-Biafra offers a better deal for any group within it - Resources control as practiced in United States.

I want a Biafra myself but what I've been saying is that we can't get it by ourselves alone, we are already involved in Nigeria and others must be involved if we decide to move.
We should stop feeling we can get it alone, never possible and the mistake of '67 must never be repeated.
Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by mrvitalis(m): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2019
PDJT:

-Those making a case for or mentioning South South are not Igbos but our usual detractors. If you even offer me Igbo-only Biafra today, I will snap your hand off and run with it.
Igbo only biafra would only work if the south south form their own country too if not we are doomed

1 Like

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by food4tot: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2019
selemempe:
look at biafra in 1967....how will they be choked? Sea they have....oil they have..rivers they have....gas they have....90% christian...igbo population 68% as at 1967....ojukwu would have remained in power as a dictator supported by igbos.....bro are u ok?

Is this Biafra map ever possible except on paper (or electronic) maps?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/9706820_image3a42500_jpeg11908a798d6e59323446a835fe0cb727
Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by PDJT: 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2019
Yyeske:
Whichever way you argue your point, have it at the back of your mind that Biafra would be surrounded by Nigeria and you need a deal with Nigeria to operate as a functional country.

-I’m still waiting for you to educate me why Biafra would be worse off than being in Nigeria.

-Bilateral trade negotiation is a two way street.

-I probably know more about UK-EU relationship than you, judging by your limited knowledge of how Nations work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by Yyeske(m): 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

Igbo only biafra would only work if the south south form their own country too if not we are doomed
God bless you bro
Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by Yyeske(m): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2019
PDJT:

-I’m still waiting for you to educate me why Biafra would be worse off than being in Nigeria.

-Bilateral trade negotiation is a two way street.

-I probably know more about UK-EU relationship than you, judging by your limited knowledge of how Nations work.
Lol, I've given you some examples earlier but you decided to ignore
Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by PDJT: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

-Doomed? As in worse off than today?

-With however you draw the new map, the working template is already in existence. Austria, Serbia, Switzerland templates are there. Anything to get rid of Nigeria is fine by me. We would survive.

2 Likes

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by selemempe: 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
food4tot:

Is this Biafra map ever possible except on paper (or electronic) maps?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/9706820_image3a42500_jpeg11908a798d6e59323446a835fe0cb727
this was the biafra recognised by 7 countries in 1967.

The war was fought in all areas...including calaba and ijaw lands...the vp of biafra was from akwaibom. If biafra succeded in 1967 this would have been the map...nothing less
Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by selemempe: 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2019
Yyeske:

if biafra goes...nigeria will not remain for long...many southern tribes would want to go too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by selemempe: 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2019
kingzizzy:

Very funny. They want other bigger ethnic groups to be checkmating Igbos but it is the bigger ones than have been running things since the end of the war and marginalising them for 50 years.

80% of their Oil wealth is already in the hands of the Notherners. Even the restructuring they want is not possible because the North dont care about it. It's like the story of the person who thought mosquitoes were his problem until he opened his eyes and realised that the room was full of reptiles
yyeske is not an igbo guy...take his silly bigoted analysis serious at ur own risk

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by oyatz(m): 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2019
You haven't answered the question Sir.

PDJT:
-This one is a discussion by Semi-illiterate Nigerian youths that have never left the shores of Nigeria, let alone Africa.

-OP, you seem to have already reached your conclusion. So, why ask a question in the first place? I bet you think a team keeping unhappy players will somehow magically win a match. grin

-The fundamental problem Nigerians have is lack of decent education on how country or Nation works. Until then, you all are in fools paradise.

-You only need to look outside Nigeria, to see what Igbos are capable of achieving. Just take a cursory look at your female football team. Where are other groups, especially Hausa-Fulani women? You even have the audacity to compare Biafra to South Sudan and Eritrea - comparing Apples and Oranges. You’re really far away from reality...

-Anyway, I suppose you believe you’re better of in Nigeria because your Oyibo Boss told you so. Smh
Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by mrvitalis(m): 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
PDJT:

-Doomed? As in worse off than today?

-With however you draw the new map, the working template is already in existence. Austria, Serbia, Switzerland templates are there. Anything to get ride of Nigeria is fine by me. We would survive.

If nigeria is all round u ,how can u fly into biafra without flying through nigerian air space .

How can u import without passing through nigerian waters

Nigerian can ban or tax u heavly from this two things
What do u do then
Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by selemempe: 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2019
Yyeske:

You are no longer ECOWAS citizens and can't move around freely.
The Alien land act comes into effect and Biafrans in Nigeria with land and buildings lose it all.
You might need a visa into Nigeria or any other ECOWAS country to visit because Nigeria could veto the entry of Biafra into ECOWAS.
Biafra is surrounded by Nigeria and entry or exit into/from Biafra into Nigeria would be at Nigeria's discretion.

I can go on and on.

Britain is still having problems with the EU after brexit, you think it's that easy
yen yen yen....biafra goes...nigeria will desolve fast...and why should we join ecowas...because a small percent of igbos have property in the defunct nigeria? Their business. We warned them. We would join our brothers in central africa where we belong. Stop talking jargon. If niger delta forms their own country we wont be surrounded by nigeria...we can negotiate with niger delta to use sea ports. Niger, rwanda and botswana are not dead cos they are landlocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by Banmeallday: 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
Biafra, being a purely PRO AFRICAN concept will always be a success.

We have seen what Nigeria was, is, and will forever be, despite all the prayers- A satanic “country” where people only care about themselves and their brothers and sisters only (even pass their own spouse and kids self)....

So, next topic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by AngryNijerian: 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
garfield1:

That is the irony.why cant they they within the east turn it into paradise as obtainable abroad.why is onitsha and aba that are revenue spinners still suffering from infrastructural deficit?
Most of their wealthy people make their wealth outside the east thereby summarizing the whole situation
.Igbo land is the home of indigenous companies in Nigeria. The biggest market in West Africa is right there at Onitsha. So come up with something else

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by Yyeske(m): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2019
selemempe:
if biafra goes...nigeria will not remain for long...many southern tribes would want to go too
Why didn't the minorities in the SS support Biafra before

2 Likes

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by Yyeske(m): 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
selemempe:
yyeske is not an igbo guy...take his silly bigoted analysis serious at ur own risk
Indonesian Buddhist, how far

1 Like

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by oyatz(m): 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2019
You don't seem to get it.

In Nigeria, Hausa-Fulani is being checkmated by Igbos and Yorubas while Igbo /Hausa are counterbalanced by Yorubas through getting the minorities to their sides.

In Biafra, Igbos alone will make up about 60% of the population and no single tribe can challenge them. If Biafra had succeed, by now Ekoi, Annang, Ikweres, Etche, Ijaw may have been assimilated into the emerging Igbo Nation.

kingzizzy:

So what you are saying is that the minorities dreaded being dominated by Igbos in Biafra but had no problems being dominated by Igbos/Yorubas/Hausa-Fulani in Nigeria?

That's laughable
Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by Corrosiveman(m): 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2019
Once Biafra is created the thieves parading themselves as politicians would end and their activities would be Checked seriously eg. Rochas.... though I supported this government in 2015 with the belief that they would fight corruption but I was wronged Although it would take some years for Biafra to develop as a strong nation....SS does not want to join the SE due to the fear of being dominated by the Igbos guess what? If you are familiar with history This what the northern elites planted years ago..Enemity between the SE and SS..... Biafra would definitely be better than Nigeria X10
Igbos are workaholic besides they are all over the world so believe me once Biafra is created you would see vast progress..... Foreign investors are afraid to invest in Nigeria because of various reports in the social media.... Even if SS eventually joins SE and create Biafra with time Biafra would be among the developed countries.. Very soon Oil would no longer have value leaving the technology advance countries with and advantage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by oyatz(m): 6:16pm On Jun 25, 2019
But Igbos are in charge of Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Ebonyi and Imo States since 1999 and nothing much has achieved there.

kingzizzy:

It's not mineral resources that makes a country great. Nigeria has all the mineral resources you can think about, Oil, Gas, Coal, Gold, Lime stone, Bauxite, and many more. Yet Nigeria is not great.

Some countries like Japan, South Korea, Switzerland dont have anything but all 3 countries are amongst the 15 richest countries in the world. What made them rich? It is called human resources

The amount of electronics Japan and South Korea make and sell in a month, Nigeria cannot make if they sell Oil for a whole year and thats just electronics. I'm not even going into cars, planes or even agriculture.

The reason I believe that Biafra would have been succrssful had it succeeded is thst the Igbos are a very resourceful and resilient people. Igbos would have looked beyond Oil and at its human potential and produced great things that the world can appreciate. The reason Nigeria cannot progress is because they can never see beyond Oil.

Igbos are successful people, all they need to be great is their own separate country where they can run their affairs as nothing great ever comes out of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by Yyeske(m): 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2019
selemempe:
yen yen yen....biafra goes...nigeria will desolve fast...and why should we join ecowas...because a small percent of igbos have property in the defunct nigeria? Their business. We warned them. We would join our brothers in central africa where we belong. Stop talking jargon. If niger delta forms their own country we wont be surrounded by nigeria...we can negotiate with niger delta to use sea ports. Niger, rwanda and botswana are not dead cos they are landlocked
You've not even gotten Biafra, you are already jumping Akwa Ibom and Cross River to get into central Africa.
If we ask you when Niger Delta told you they wanted a different country for themselves now, you can't talk

2 Likes

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by selemempe: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2019
Yyeske:
Why didn't the minorities in the SS support Biafra before
mumu...they did....millions of them did and a few of them fought as soldiers in the army...they were the 1st place nigeria invaded...from the sea. Ijaw areas fell 1st....calabar stood for some months and asaba fought fully till 1970.

Poor student of history....many of them then even knew very little about this divional tribal politics we play today. Many of them saw zik as their leader.

P.s not all igbos fought for biafra. Can we now say the villages of those prominent igbos didnt fight.

U guys are revisionists sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Had Biafra Succeeded Would It Have Been Successful by selemempe: 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2019
Yyeske:
You've not even gotten Biafra, you are already jumping Akwa Ibom and Cross River to get into central Africa.
If we ask you when Niger Delta told you they wanted a different country for themselves now, you can't talk
hausa man....u dont know anythinh about eastern politics except the little public info available to u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu With His Son, Yinka Tinubu (Photo) / Yoruba Youths Congress Endorse GMB / PDP Chairman: Odds Favour Iyorchia Ayu As North-Central Stakeholders Adopts Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.