Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,909 members, 7,872,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (434393 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nirco(m): 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2019
Prenom:
Wow!
I'm so excited guys! I made it there this time! I'm number 1 on the leader board!
Thanks to all my bosses on this platform, I'm grateful!
Hausareturns, drawobet, samsard, nwafresh, bribis, biritiko, odizeey, generationz... Cant remember all the names right now....and everyone! But I used to read all your invaluable comments in here. Thanks guys! I'm grateful!

You're a real Nigerian!
I salute your never giving up attitude.

Many Congratulations Bro!!!

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
generationz:

Don't mind them.

Qa money is the easiest money in naija right now.

Even easier than scam and prostitution if you have your dignity.
LMAO.. easier than prostitution.... That got me grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2019
samsard:
For those of you who complain about how hard Qa is or how it's not easy, keep on waiting for easy money instead of upping your game.
As a breakdown, I'm sure Prenom made no less than $90 last week alone and also made the leaderboard.
That's that's more than 30k, our yet to be implemented minimum wage.
Also, to be honest I have never made up to 20k on Qa, not that I can't but I have to contend with some unexpected issues and here's someone less than 4 months old in the hustle set on making 100k plus in a month.
Kudos to him, hardwork pays.
Yeah, true that.
This thing just takes hardwork and basically learning from your mistakes, been at it for 1 month+ now and I can almost certainly say I can't get a 1 or 2 rating on my work these days.
Clocked 230 mins last week.
My first week was rough though grin cool

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by cedarZee: 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2019
Prenom:
Wow!
I'm so excited guys! I made it there this time! I'm number 1 on the leader board!
Thanks to all my bosses on this platform, I'm grateful!
Hausareturns, drawobet, samsard, nwafresh, bribis, biritiko, odizeey, generationz... Cant remember all the names right now....and everyone! But I used to read all your invaluable comments in here. Thanks guys! I'm grateful!

Wow congrats ooo!
The way you guys do it amazes me. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Valwezzy: 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2019
Please, is there a minimum amount QA send to ones PAYPAL account and is the payment of your earnings automatically sent to you your PAYPAL or you need to request for it?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2019
Valwezzy:
Please, is there a minimum amount QA send to ones PAYPAL account and is the payment of your earnings automatically sent to you your PAYPAL or you need to request for it?
No. There's no minimum.

It's sent automatically

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Noblejkz(m): 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hey Guys, I want to introduce us to a web browser that pays. you get paid (in crypto) for using the internet. I think it will be a good way to earn passively while we do our transcriptions. I have used it for two weeks now and it's worth it.
If you are interested, drop your email address and I will send you the link.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
I used an email that isn't connected to any PayPal account yet as my payment email. I'm seeing that my last week's payment has been paid but I didn't get any mail from PayPal. Is there anything I need to do or I should open the PayPal now? Thanks in advance and congrats to Prenom, I'm overly motivated by that guy.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Noblejkz(m): 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2019
It's a blockchain and you can transfer your coins to the staking pool to earn more rewards.
Noblejkz:
Hey Guys, I want to introduce us to a web browser that pays. you get paid (in crypto) for using the internet. I think it will be a good way to earn passively while we do our transcriptions. I have used it for two weeks now and it's worth it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2019
jaywalker04:
I used an email that isn't connected to any PayPal account yet as my payment email. I'm seeing that my last week's payment has been paid but I didn't get any mail from PayPal. Is there anything I need to do or I should open the PayPal now? Thanks in advance and congrats to Prenom, I'm overly motivated by that guy.
How do you hope to get a mail from PayPal when the email isn't linked to any PayPal account? I like your optimism. It was stated clearly that you need a PayPal account before beginning to work.

Well, create one now and link it to the email you're using for payment information. Then, reach out to the SCCs about your situation.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2019
I want to share this insight.

If it so happens that you get a redo and you weren't aware until the 90 minutes redo time elapses, there's still a way you can work on that redo provided on one has claimed the call. It's has to do with luck though.

Go to you email and click on the begin transcribing button. If that call hasn't been claimed, you'll be able to work on it even if the allowable redo time has expired.

I got a redo mail in the early hours of this morning about past 1am. I didn't know until past 4 am. That was more than 3 hours later. The hyperlink to work on the redo on my dashboard was clearly gone. I opened my email and clicked the start transcribing button and I was redirected to the call. Corrected my mistake (I forgot to delete the auto AI transcript on the initial transcript submitted) and submitted it. It got rated few minutes later.

I guess I was lucky, but you can try it out too.

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2019
Thraedz:

How do you hope to get a mail from PayPal when the email isn't linked to any PayPal account? I like your optimism. It was stated clearly that you need a PayPal account before beginning to work.

Well, create one now and link it to the email you're using for payment information. Then, reach out to the SCCs about your situation.
Thank you. I thought I read something once about receiving payments on PayPal with just your email and without an account. I guess that's that on that. Thanks again.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2019
SpongeBobSP:

Yeah, true that.
This thing just takes hardwork and basically learning from your mistakes, been at it for 1 month+ now and I can almost certainly say I can't get a 1 or 2 rating on my work these days.
Clocked 230 mins last week.
My first week was rough though grin cool
The whole anxiety that comes with having wild $$ targets makes the first week rough cheesy
When you do settle down to learn first, then it becomes easier.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:21pm On Oct 28, 2019
Thraedz:

His optimism is amazing. Imagine getting alert from first bank for an account number that is yet to exist.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
Valwezzy:
No minimum.
Payout is from Thursday to...
Read the FAQ

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 6:46pm On Oct 28, 2019
samsard:
His optimism is amazing. Imagine getting alert from first bank for an account number that is yet to exist.
Boss. It's okay na. I made a miscalculation and I've learned from it. But now that you put it like that, it does sound like a stupid thing to do. Blessings to you and the others putting us straight here. grin

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by maik99(m): 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2019
Good day folks! Please which is better? South African or Lesothan paypal? And does opening an account attract charges?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Noblejkz(m): 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2019
This is for PC users only. there is no mobile version yet.
Noblejkz:
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2019
Noblejkz:
This is for PC users only. there is no mobile version yet.
STOP spamming this thread we don't want it, Get that into that thick skull of yours!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
jaywalker04:

Boss. It's okay na. I made a miscalculation and I've learned from it. But now that you put it like that, it does sound like a stupid thing to do. Blessings to you and the others putting us straight here. grin
Yes you will get an email notification from paypal even if the email is not linked to a Paypal account. Check your email inbox if you are expecting pay, Paypal will give you One month to claim the money.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Yes you will get an email notification from paypal even if the email is not linked to a Paypal account. Check your email inbox if you are expecting pay, Paypal will give you One month to claim the money.
Well, that doesn't matter anymore. I've already created the PayPal and alerted the SCCs. The pay's nothing significant anyways. My first week with an average of 2.1, only one 5 star rating and enough 1s to run somebody mad so you can have an idea.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 8:09pm On Oct 28, 2019
I'm actually grateful for the steady workflow and clear audio available on QA world even if the pay is small and the rating is strict as hell. I used to make way more on Gotranscript with less effort but good audio quality wasn't that easy to come by and jobs have been reduced to a bare minimum plus only the alphas (those with 5 star ratings) have access to them first, so before anything got to you, the clear audio was cleared. There's more room for trials and errors here, perfect for beginners. All in all, Qa world isn't the best but it certainly isn't the worst or that bad for that matter. Just thought someone needed to know this. That being said, I used my 5 releases today and I got em right back, wassup with that? I've finished it again sha. Lemme goan find som'n else to do. Shalom smiley

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
That moment when a caller says,

'' I'm going to put you on hold for a couple of minutes... ''

#Greater_joy_has_no_man#

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Noblejkz(m): 8:29pm On Oct 28, 2019
Alright. Noted!
SUPERPACK:
STOP spamming this thread we don't want it, Get that into that thick skull of yours!!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2019
Valwezzy:

Wow! Congratulations bro, no be beans.

Thanks a lot.

A quick question(s), how long have you been on the platform?
Just over two months. But spent about a month here reading comments before I registered. The first 60 pages or thereabout are really golden.

Do you use any App to help transcribe and how many calls do you work on per day?
For example, my Chrome is synced with Grammarly. And 3 to 4 calls per day on an average.

Also, what's your average ratings?
Just 4.5 currently.

No mind my questions, I just need some answers to inspire me.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 9:11pm On Oct 28, 2019
samsard:
grin
You this guy We should create a Qa tithing accounting. All this dollars

cheesy cheesy cheesy lol, this really cracked me up. I don laugh tire.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prenom: 9:15pm On Oct 28, 2019
Thraedz:
I want to share this insight.

If it so happens that you get a redo and you weren't aware until the 90 minutes redo time elapses, there's still a way you can work on that redo provided on one has claimed the call. It's has to do with luck though.

Go to you email and click on the begin transcribing button. If that call hasn't been claimed, you'll be able to work on it even if the allowable redo time has expired.

I got a redo mail in the early hours of this morning about past 1am. I didn't know until past 4 am. That was more than 3 hours later. The hyperlink to work on the redo on my dashboard was clearly gone. I opened my email and clicked the start transcribing button and I was redirected to the call. Corrected my mistake (I forgot to delete the auto AI transcript on the initial transcript submitted) and submitted it. It got rated few minutes later.

I guess I was lucky, but you can try it out too.

Wow! Thanks for sharing.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2019
Prinss:
#Greater_joy_has_no_man#
I'm trying you B. Na to sit down dey look, lwkm.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by jaywalker04(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2019
Prinss:
#Greater_joy_has_no_man#
I'm telling you B. Na to sit down dey look, lwkm.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Valwezzy: 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2019
samsard:
No minimum.
Payout is from Thursday to...
Read the FAQ

Okay, thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Valwezzy: 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2019
Prenom:

All right, thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Thraedz(m): 12:11am On Oct 29, 2019
jaywalker04:
I'm actually grateful for the steady workflow and clear audio available on QA world even if the pay is small and the rating is strict as hell. I used to make way more on Gotranscript with less effort but good audio quality wasn't that easy to come by and jobs have been reduced to a bare minimum plus only the alphas (those with 5 star ratings) have access to them first, so before anything got to you, the clear audio was cleared. There's more room for trials and errors here, perfect for beginners. All in all, Qa world isn't the best but it certainly isn't the worst or that bad for that matter. Just thought someone needed to know this. That being said, I used my 5 releases today and I got em right back, wassup with that? I've finished it again sha. Lemme goan find som'n else to do. Shalom smiley

Releases and flags are repleted at 7pm Nigerian time. If you use all your Releases by 6:45pm, it will be repleted by 7pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.