Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,977 members, 7,876,687 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 01:26 AM

In That Society, By Adedamola Odukoya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In That Society, By Adedamola Odukoya (225 Views)

Portable Omolalomi Congratulates Senator Adeleke Adedamola With New Song (Video) / Adeleke Adedamola Nurudeen (PDP) Wins Osun 2022 Governorship Election (Pic) / YORUBA: A Conquered People-- By Adedamola Adetayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In That Society, By Adedamola Odukoya by Hardeysolution(m): 9:18am On Jun 26, 2019
...In that Society...
Adedamola Odukoya
26th June, 2019

We are in that society where love is scarce and hatred is imprisoned. Love shows face unexpectedly and hatred gains freedom most times. The society where you get hailed for doing bad and doing good becomes extremely abnormal. That society where praises go forth before actions, getting deceived by same set of people, same way, same system, same time - always.

In that society, where your views are subjected to review by some policy makers who were never in the shoes that brought about those views.
Education is not important to some people, their ways are their ways, they will get there unfailingly. Force is allowed. In that society where some people go a long way to destroy themselves to affect the one at the top who doesn't care.

In that society where some people have traded the future of the people for their own wealth and relevance. That society where public stuff is localised by some local people and yet they rule. The mediocre gets there because the knowledgeable is afraid of being battered by his own people. In that society, where you say the truth, you get misunderstood and you are washed down and being watched by your own people.
' I'm not you, oh yes, not here, from there ' that's the chant. Yet we stay in the same place,- Ironical!

In that Society,

One person stands up to address the people to get their mind off the current leadership and hope for where there isn't a hope and anticipate for a worse tomorrow. A beautiful society that was in fact great before turns to be a society where termites exist at the grassroots destroying the dividends of democracy - diverting into their private pockets when at last, they won't spend. People suffer at their eyes and they care not. "You die, do I know you?"

That society where the common man has no hope because his last hope can not be reached, even if reached can not guarantee safety! That society whose inhabitants are afraid of their own things, prefer that of the other side to theirs and with pride, they echo ' that's authentic! '.

This is the society where you get shut up if you want To speak louder for the betterment of all. That society where education is no longer relevant. Should I say schooling? You go to school and the ones who know someone are ahead.
We produce first class graduates who can not make us proud the more. Competent on paper, work to be supervised by the white who never read as much as them! Shame, right?

We produce Civil engineers yearly and yet these universities look forward to receiving proposals from foreign companies to build a toilet - Amazing?

A group of people were mourning. A beautiful young investor, handsome good looking manager, old white woman, that gentle handsome Africa man. Wondering what happened to them? They've been duped by people from that society. News for today, 38 smugglers,drug traffickers, arrested, reports show that they are from.. From where? That society.

That society where the youths are ever active - online, waiting for whom to abuse, and probably dupe. Ever gallant soldiers, ever active men. Courageously moved into the forest, defended us, fought gloriously and came back to be imprisoned. What a reward!

We've got soldiers on the pitch. They prefer to shoot for the streets of the UK to scoring a goal for the team of that nation - that society.

That society where you go out to meet the defender to defend you, only to find out that the defender is defenseless.
The God factor is ridiculed. Headquarters of religious activities and God does not abide within. We disappoint God in our deeds, could make God destroy the earth once more.

The society where stealing is not corruption. Where corruption needs to be legalized. In that society where the president has no confidence in the health system within, for a little headache requires foreign medical attention.

That society where the economy is on the swing. The economy is placed on the seesaw. The economy at one end, nobody at the other end. Yet, millions of people surround the seesaw.

Let's not unitedly destroy this society when we can as well unitedly build it. I support restructuring and not break up. If we break, we must restructure our divisions. When will restructuring not come to play. Let's restructure the society and not part of the society. Let no man, the rich, dictate for all of us. When it happens, they know their ways back up to settle.

I hope the change comes when I can be sure of security, When we can all celebrate Independence Day with joy, when we can massively troop out to vote because we know they will count. I desire a society of peace and love. I hope for that society where God will abide and call his own.

That Society, where Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress are evident.

....In That Society....

By Adedamola.
Email: Hardeysolution@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Responds Strongly To Failed Coup / Chopper On The Highway / Gbajabiamila Sets Up Committee To Review House Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.