Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,661 members, 7,951,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:03 AM

Henry Okah’s Full Interview Implicating Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Henry Okah’s Full Interview Implicating Jonathan (803 Views)

Saraki: Witness Tenders Implicating GTB Documents Against Him / The Truth About Video Implicating Mama Taraba / Dasuki Denies Implicating Anyone In Arms Procurement Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Henry Okah’s Full Interview Implicating Jonathan by sandra123: 7:33am On Oct 07, 2010
Hmm. Na wa for Waec! Abeg who dey lie?? Goodluck abi Henry OKah Watch video here http://www.nigerianpaperstoday.com/2010/10/07/video-henry-okahs-full-interview-implicating-jonathan/

Me I confuse oh!

TRANSCRIPT: Regarding his involvement in the bombing of Abuja on  Friday October 1st:

It is entirely false and the Nigerian government knows this.

Asked if he is an influential member of MEND:

I won't say I am an influential member of any groups in the Niger Delta. I am just a sympathizer. I sympathize with any groups using peaceful means or any mean necessary to fight the cause of the Niger Delta. I will tell you something though, on Saturday morning, just a day after the attack, a very close associate of President Jonathan called me and explained to me that there had been a bombing in Nigeria and that President Jonathan wanted me to reach out to the group, MEND, and get them to retract the earlier statement they had issued claiming the attacks.

They wanted to blame the attacks on Northerners who are trying to fight against him [Jonathan] to come back as president and if this was done, I was not going to have any problems with the South African government. I declined to do this and few hours later I was arrested. It was based on their belief that I was going to do that President Jonathan issued a statement claiming that MEND didn’t carry out the attack because they were expecting a kind of retraction from the group.

For months now they have been lying to everybody that everybody is so pleased with Jonathan, that he is going to bring peace to the region, which is entirely false. This attack now was actually going to be a great smear on his aspiration. They just needed the group to retract that statement which was why I was contacted. But I declined to make any such move.”

You don’t just give people an amnesty and ask them to forget about the reason why they are fighting. Every one of us is fighting for something and if what we are fighting for is not addressed, it ushers problem in the area. You understand. It is not about Jonathan being president or about an amnesty being given. I mean, why will you steal my land and you give me an amnesty and then you expect me not to continue fighting you? Why would that happen?

With Yar’adua it was much better. He had a good understanding of the problem. And regardless of the fact that he was from the North, he was making good attempt at addressing these problems. But with Jonathan it is entirely a different story. He doesn’t know what the problems are and is also being teleguided by other people, you know, who are giving him very bad advice. “I don’t care, I really couldn’t care. But one thing I tell you for sure, is just like I was able to talk to you, it only shows that South Africa is not like Nigeria. In Nigeria I was held for one year and four months in solitary confinement. I didn’t kill anybody, I had no books, no newspapers, no TV, no radio, not even electrified.

But the fact that I can speak to you on phone, even though I am being detained, shows that I am in an entirely a different country from Nigeria. And I am arrested here at the instance of Nigeria, which threatened the South African government with diplomatic action if they didn’t arrest me. That is the only reason why I am in detention.

All those people I learnt have been arrested in Nigeria I have no contact with any of them, I don’t even know them. They are just trying to do this thing to point the finger at other political opponents in order to scuttle their attempts at being president.
Re: Henry Okah’s Full Interview Implicating Jonathan by paulex: 8:09am On Oct 07, 2010
Can u kindly delete dat dirty post?
Re: Henry Okah’s Full Interview Implicating Jonathan by sandra123: 10:56am On Oct 07, 2010
Delete am say wetin happen?

Dis Okah man dey lie abeg. Na IBB send am!
Re: Henry Okah’s Full Interview Implicating Jonathan by sandra123: 11:14am On Oct 07, 2010
Shebi I talk am!

From Pointblank
Militants crack, disown Henry Okah

THE October 1, bomb blast at Abuja, has cracked the insurgent community in the Niger Delta, Nigeria's main oil and gas region, with some unrepentant rebel groups loyal to Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, coming down heavily on Henry Okah, a factional leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND)

MEND came into being in 2006 to press for the release of Dokubo-Asari, who was arrested and detained in 2005 for alleged treasonable offences.

The Joint Revolutionary Council (JRC) an insurgent network which comprises of alliance units of the Movement for MEND, The Reformed Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force and the Martyrs Brigade, is currently hitting hard on Henry Okah.

In an on-line statement to our correspondent on Wednesday, Spokesperson of the JRC, Cynthia Whyte, said they have parted ways with the factional MEND leader.

''We wish to dissociate ourselves from the actions of Henry Okah who until recently was the lead arms supplier to a faction of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta.

''His faction of MEND was led by General Boyloaf (Victor Ebikabowei) who has since disbanded his unit and has joined forces with the renewed efforts in bringing peace, stability and development to the Niger Delta''.

Continuing, they said, ''Henry Okah is a monster that was created by frontline Ijaw leader Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari. During his incarceration in 2005-2007, Henry Okah was mandated and paid to service fighting units loyal to Mujahid Dokubo-Asari.

''He exploited Dokubo-Asari’s absence, cunningly hijacked the email address used by MEND to communicate with the world, sold arms to armed robbers and confiscated hundreds of millions of naira meant for supply of arms to combat groups in the Niger Delta.

''Since his release from prison by former President Yar’Adua and realizing that he had lost most of his leverage, Henry Okah has sought to work with former armed robbery gangs that he had supplied arms to in the past. These armed robbery groups were responsible for bank robberies and the theft of monies from oil companies in Port Harcourt and its environs.

''Henry Okah is not MEND and MEND is not Henry Okah. We condemn him in all fullness and await further directives on appropriate actions that will be taken on this hardened criminal who successfully infiltrated our ranks to perpetrate clandestinely heinous crimes. His end has come''.
Re: Henry Okah’s Full Interview Implicating Jonathan by jamace(m): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2010
I am now convinced that OKah has been influenced by enemies to work against GEJ. How can he say GEJ does not know the problems of the Niger Delta when GEJ has set -up a Ministry for Niger Delta development?

Okah has sold his conscience for "3o pieces of silver". Traitor!
Re: Henry Okah’s Full Interview Implicating Jonathan by chidyke77(m): 11:26am On Oct 07, 2010
Okah is a foolish man by trying to implicate GJ,surely IBB is at work in hm bt they wont succeed.
Re: Henry Okah’s Full Interview Implicating Jonathan by babytoun: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2010
Any smart person will see the obvious lies in Okah's statement.
Re: Henry Okah’s Full Interview Implicating Jonathan by mukina2: 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2010

(1)

Gusau May Emerge Northern Consensus Candidate / Jonathan Killing His Own People / Nigeria’s Broke –atiku !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.