Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,976 members, 7,942,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives (1729 Views)

For ₦127million, This Luxury, Armored Cadillac Escalade Beast Will Stop Bullets / Innoson Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV (Photos) / 2018 Volvo XC40 Unveiled As A Small Premium SUV - Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by Automotive1(m): 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2019

Volvo has finally revealed an armoured Volvo XC90 SUV that will stop bullets and withstand explosives after numerous requests from customers like Diplomats, Politicians and businessmen.

Based on the Volvo XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, the 2.0-litre, super- and turbo-charged four-cylinder, all-wheel-drive SUV has a certified VPAM VR8 rating-the second-highest rating possible --- which means it has 360-degree ballistic resistance as well as explosive resistance.

Volvo Special Vehicles marketing exec, Stephan Green, said:
“We are proud to be able to offer these armoured cars. With our armoured cars, we can provide vehicles with a high level of personal security for individuals who require heightened protection,”

“The XC90 Armoured (heavy) with VR8 protection rating (VPAM BRV 2009/ERV 2010) enables us to offer a car that provides a high level of protection while retaining the car’s fundamental properties. Potential customers include security services who would use the car to transport high-profile individuals”

Some of its features includes an emergency exit at the rear hidden by the middle back seat, reinforced door hinges, and fire extinguishers in the engine bay. Volvo won’t detail any more than that, because :

“Production is classified, with stringent procedures and oversight in place in order to attain the stipulated ballistic requirements"

Protecting you from bullets and explosives is the high-strength 10 mm steel armor and a 50 mm thick glass. The armouring adds approximately 3,089 pounds (1,400 kilograms), bringing the XC90 total weight plus five occupants, up to 9,899 lbs (4.5 tonnes)

Customers can place their orders with the first deliveries happening at the end of 2019 for the Heavy armoured XC90 SUV.

Volvo also offers light armoring for the XC60 T6 AWD Inscription and XC90 T6 AWD Inscription. These versions are intended for Latin America and Europe and sales will commence in the first half of 2020.

All the SUVs starts their lives in Torslanda plant in Sweden, before being shipped to TRASCO Bremen in Germany, where they are turned into mobile fortress.

https://autojosh.com/volvo-reveals-4-5-tonnes-volvo-xc90-suv-that-can-stop-bullets-and-withstand-explosives/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Mukina2 Dominique Seun

1 Like

Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by decatalyst(m): 9:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
Looks sweet and rugged at the same time!

Volvo have always placed safety above every other thing. The first to introduce seatbelt in cars and lot more safety features.

Nice build kiss

1 Like

Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by auntysimbiat(f): 9:17pm On Jun 26, 2019
Nice one
Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by RZArecta2(m): 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2019
This one will be good to travel around Nigeria without fear of attack from herdsmen kidnappers cool

1 Like

Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by pocohantas(f): 11:57pm On Jun 26, 2019
decatalyst:
Looks sweet and rugged at the same time!

Volvo have always placed safety about every other thing. The first to introduce sit belt in car and a whole lot more safety features.

Nice build kiss

Three point seatbelt, not seatbelt.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by decatalyst(m): 5:57am On Jun 27, 2019
pocohantas:

Three point seatbelt, not seatbelt.

smiley

U r right auto correct dey misbehave jare. Didn't proofread too.

Thanks
Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by ibkayee(f): 7:47am On Jun 27, 2019
Not bad looking either
Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by pocohantas(f): 10:26am On Jun 27, 2019
decatalyst:

U r right auto correct dey misbehave jare. Didn't proofread too.

Thanks

I guess I should have emphasized my point, because I wasn't referring to the autocorrect error.

You said they were the first to introduce seatbelt, I say they were not. They were the FIRST to introduce the THREE POINT seatbelt. Good morning... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by decatalyst(m): 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
pocohantas:

I guess I should have emphasized my poiint, because I wasn't referring to the autocorrect error.

You said they were the first to introduce seatbelt, I say they were not. They were the FIRST to introduce the THREE POINT seatbelt. Good morning... smiley

Oh. Nice one
Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by IJAMAutos: 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2019
Its shape and look are not bad.

It is obvious they paid utmost attention to their customers' requests! !!
Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by lordkay10(m): 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
But the tyres can still be shot at, to halt the motion grin
Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by IJAMAutos: 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2019
lordkay10:

Such bulletproof vehicle will still be able to cover long distance enough for escape, even if its tyres were shot at! !!

2 Likes

Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by kingreign(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2019
lordkay10:

And you think that those tyres aren't run flat or Kevlar reinforced?
Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
pocohantas:

I guess I should have emphasized my poiint, because I wasn't referring to the autocorrect error.

Hey!! Leave the autonerding to the men. angry angry

We will call you when we need to know about the first Teflon cooking pot angry angry
Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by pocohantas(f): 11:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
ornicus:

Hey!! Leave the autonerding to the men. angry angry

We will call you when we need to know about the first Teflon cooking pot angry angry

You think you are doing me?
Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
pocohantas:

You think you are doing me?

@thegamingorca, these wenches have invaded the hallowed auto discussions!! angry We must retreat to the game threads.they will never venture there angry
Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by Thegamingorca(m): 12:21am On Jun 28, 2019
ornicus:

@thegamingorca, these wenches have invaded the hallowed auto discussions!! angry We must retreat to the game threads.they will never venture there angry

Me sef surprise...poco has taken over everything angry

Nothing wey she no sabi these days.

She global
Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by valarinz: 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2019
No surprises here, Volvo rules!!

grin cheesy
Re: Volvo Reveals 4.5 Tonnes XC90 SUV That Can Stop Bullets & Withstand Explosives by computerglobal(m): 4:59am On Jun 29, 2019
cool

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2007 For Sale / My Experience With A Popular Air-conditioning Expert On Nairaland / Vw Help Needed, Hope Mr Siena Sees This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.