Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,536 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:06 PM

The Inec Server Headache - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Inec Server Headache (241 Views)

Atiku, PDP Hacked INEC Server – APC Alleges / INEC Server Shows Buhari Lost 2019 Election - Atiku, PDP Claim / Electoral Bill: PDP Plans To Use Russians To Hack INEC Server, Says APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Inec Server Headache by Builderman(m): 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2019
*NIGERIA’s DEMOCRACY, INEC & ELECTION IT SERVERS*

In computing, a server is a computer program or a device that provides functionality for other programs or devices, called "clients".

Nigeria’s Democracy cannot thrive if we continue to embrace dishonesty, lawlessness and incredulous practices as a nation.

There is no doubt to even the blind that Nigeria’s electoral system is grossly marred with so much irregularities, opaqueness, corrupt people and weak institutions. This ugly situation is compounded with the obvious lack of commitment to bring those who serially rub us the opportunities to experience free, fair and credible electoral processes to justice.

Yesterday some folks were at the receiving ends of this serial electoral mess, today some others who had the opportunities to correct this menace in the past are crying aloof, tomorrow it could be you �

We certainly cannot continue like this and blindly expect any meaningful sustainable development as a nation.

Nigeria does not need strong individuals (men and women) but strong institutions.

It is my honest view that the entire 3 tiers of government in Nigeria (the Executive, Legislature and the Judiciary) all pay lip services to the execution of the needed reforms, corrective legislations and delivery of justice and rule of law which are required to effectively weed out this ugly menace with resultant transformations for our country henceforth. This is a multiple jeopardy and it is indeed sad.

Now coming to the issue of the 2019 Presidential Election; whereas I have congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR (APC) and the declared winner of the 2019 Presidential Election � by INEC as a patriotic citizen, it is only fair and lawful that his main challenger in the person of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and his political party (PDP) are allowed access to inspect the IT infrastructures (Servers, Ballot Papers and Result Sheets) allegedly used in transmitting and collation of the Presidential election results. This is common sense!

My question remains as follows:

1. Does INEC actually has IT Servers? Yes or No.

2. If Yes, did they (INEC) plan to use it for the purposes of conducting the 2019 elections?

3. Did they (INEC) actually use it for the purposes of transmitting and collating the 2019 Presidential election results?

4A. If they (INEC) have IT Servers but did not use it for the purposes of the elections, then why not?

4B. At what point did they (INEC) communicate their inability to use the IT Servers to conduct the elections to other critical stakeholders; Political Parties, Candidates, Electoral Observers, etc?

5. If they (INEC) have IT Servers but used it for election then why can’t the PDP be allowed to inspect it, more so when they are of the view that the results were marred with lots of irregularities?

It is my patriotic view that the Appeal Court cannot rely on the submissions of one of the critical stakeholders in the electoral process (the Election Observer’s Report) to conclude that INEC’s IT Servers were not used for the purposes of the transmission and collation of the 2019 Presidential election. That argument is wrong because the Petitioners (Atiku and the PDP) are prepared to cement their allegations with idiot proof evidence. It is therefore the duty of the Respondents (INEC and APC) to prove beyond reasonable doubts that such IT Infrastructure never existed or were never used for the conduct of the 2019 Presidential election as the case may be.

The PDP as a critical stakeholder has every right in law to seek to inspect the electoral materials, whether ballot papers, IT Servers or Election Result Sheets as this is the only lawful way they can convince any neutral mind on the viability or otherwise of their claims.

While I cannot submit with absolute certainty that the PDP actually won the Presidential Poll, I am only worried about the credibility of our electoral system, before, during and after the elections.

As a people we need to build new levels of trust, justice, accountability, transparency and commitment to nation building.

Our people are dying of hardships when God has blessed us as a nation.

Nation Building is everyone’s responsibility because if Nigeria is good today it will be good to every single one of us. Those who have held us hostage as a nation must be weeded out from the corridors of powers going forward.

Let me once again reiterate that my own little support in the last presidential election was never for President Muhammadu Buhari of the APC or for the Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar of the PDP, my support was for Professor Kingsley Moghalu of the YPP whom I stepped down for on the day of YPP Presidential Primaries.

Fellow Nigerians, it is time to be a voice and not an echo.

Let’s make our Country Great!

Dr. (Engr.) Donald Igwegbu CEng., CMarEng., FIMarEST

Co-Convener - Time to Build a Nation.
Re: The Inec Server Headache by Modphase: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2019
Another foolish Ipob that believe he as a right to an opinion in a country he want freedom from.
Re: The Inec Server Headache by EricBloodAxe: 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
The IQ-less dude above thinks he has an opinion when reasonable humans are deliberating.

(1) (Reply)

INEC Is Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria – PDP / NYCN Leadership Dissociates Self From Award Conferred On Obasanjo / 'we Are Not Using Boko Haram To Persecute Christians' — Buhari Writes UK Parliam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.