Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,512 members, 7,929,674 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 07:19 PM

Working For Yourself By Working For Someone - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Working For Yourself By Working For Someone (345 Views)

At What Point Should A Man Stop Working For Salary? / My Experience After Working For About Five Years. / Lady And Her Workers Made To Sleep Outside After Working For A Client. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Working For Yourself By Working For Someone by lekzytaker(m): 2:17am On Jun 29, 2019
Working for yourself by working for someone (part1)

Today, the challenges of getting a job is becoming alarming,expecially if you live in a third world country.Many people pay so much price to stay on a job.Many have invested a whole lot of their life time working in some company.well,it is not a bad idea to work for someone.but most times, it is not the most efficient tactic for living a productive life in the long run.

To make my message very simple, i shall be taking you through different steps on why you would need to work for someone or a company,and why you should also work for yourself.
The times that matter
Before take up any job, or before you choose to work for anyone, you should ask yourself the following questions;

What do i have to gain?
What do i have to lose?

The life of every man is a precious thing, and most employers out there do not value human lives.only a few of them do.That is why you see" campaigns for the raise of the minimum wage" making the news . However, you need to price your life and time so much that you would not take up any job that would not add developmental values to your life in the long run.

"Before you agree to take up a job, make sure you have a lot to gain in the long run from that job"

On the issue of what you have to lose;well, it depends on you.There are jobs out there that can take a lot from you, and give you back so little in return.There are jobs out there that can even kill you. People talk about how they lost their marriage,fiance, and good relationships because of a job.

With most jobs, you really have little or nothing to lose if you left.The value most job command is just a pay check to pay some bills. And many people give up a lot to stay on such jobs.it is good to have a job,but there are jobs out there that are not just worth your sweat.there is much to do in life than spending your productive years on a job that adds no real value and development to you. It is saddening that in this modern times,a whole lot of people "hate their jobs". If you belong to this group,It is time to save your life.

You can be a boss
Many people only realize this when they get older.to be sincere, i think you need to be real with yourself.The truth is that most employers will never pay you what you are worth.if you are going to work for them, then you need to be smart.you don't work for someone with the aim of staying so long on the job.or else if you are into a very promising profession. There is a kind of joy that comes with doing your own thing.The message is that even if you remain on that job for long, one day you would have to go, or even get fired.your children cannot benefit from that job most times.but when you do your own thing, You can establish, train your children to follow your path,and even leave a legacy for your children to inherit.

https://greatnesscodes..com/2019/06/working-for-yourself-by-working-for.html
Re: Working For Yourself By Working For Someone by lekzytaker(m): 9:32am On Apr 07, 2020
read on, and share ideas

(1) (Reply)

Mobile App And Web App / What Are The Certifications/ Courses Needed To Be A Production Manager? / 40 Shocking Job Search Statistics You Need To Get Hired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.