Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,281 members, 7,884,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:27 AM

Why Most Entry Level Job Applicants Fail (after NYSC) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why Most Entry Level Job Applicants Fail (after NYSC) (411 Views)

Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection / How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Most Entry Level Job Applicants Fail (after NYSC) by kingsmonology(m): 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2019
The major problem with entry level particularly from this part of the world is that job applicants at the job entry stage over-rely on their certificate(s). Right from NYSC camp, they do more of getting certificates instead of acquiring skills needed in corporate world.

I was a victim of such circumstance until I realized the skills I needed to survive are not the accumulated certificates, rather it the value that comes from skills acquired in a defined career path.

I discovered that corporate firms are interested on how many problems I can solve for them not how many certificates I obtained. I was made to realize that B.Sc., HND, ND, etc are used for classification, especially in non-professional courses.

How you can get a good job at entry level without a referral
As a professional recruiter, trainer and administrator I discovered that most entry level applicants apart from overlying on their certificates, either unconsciously or deliberately refuse to develop their competencies.
To get a good job without god-fathers or referrals, you have to bear in mind that certificate is mainly for classification or grading; indeed it may not really be an indicator for performance, because of the society will found ourselves.
What most employers look out for are level of skills possessed, both soft skills and hard skills that could be easily translate into value by the organization.

CASE STUDY 1
Read the case studies and how to get job quickly after NYSC here>>> https://kingsmond..com/2019/06/why-most-entry-level-job-applicants-fail.html
........................................................................................
I'm a professional Business and career Psychologist.

(1) (Reply)

Funeral Begins As Slain Channels TV Reporter, Owolabi Gets Full NYSC Burial..... / JUST IN: NYSC Opens South West Office In Osun / Acquire A Skill That Will Change Your Financial Life- Ibo(forex Subset)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.