Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,261 members, 7,977,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 01:04 PM

No Jon-indigene In Kano – Emir Sanusi Declares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Jon-indigene In Kano – Emir Sanusi Declares (1198 Views)

COVID19: Umahi Bars Ebonyi Indigene Returning From China / Emir Sanusi Dethronement: Security Operatives Storm Kano Emir’s Palace (photos) / Why Sanusi Was Removed As Kano Emir – State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Jon-indigene In Kano – Emir Sanusi Declares by Abdulazeez99: 6:41pm On Jul 01, 2019
Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, says there is nothing like non-indigenes in Kano, insisting that everybody residing in the ancient city is a bonafide indigene irrespective of ethnic, cultural and religious background, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Sanusi said this on Sunday at the 10th anniversary/Ofala 2019 festival of Eze Ndigbo Kano, Igwe Boniface Ibekwe, held at Ado Bayero Square, Sabon Gari.

“For us in Kano, whether you are Nope, Yoruba, Igbo, Kanuri, Muslim, Christian, if you identify yourself as a son of Kano, you are from Kano.

“Religion of Islam expressly prohibits tribalism. The Qu’ran is very clear on these issues. Allah says all mankind were created from one man and one woman (Adam and Eve). We made you as people from different tribes so that you can recognise each other. The best of all among you is he who fears God,” Sanusi said.

The monarch said he was glad that there has not been ethnic clash since he assumed the throne as emir of Kano.

“It is the wish of Allah that Nigeria has many ethnic and religious groups. We should maintain peace and live in peace. Many of you here today were born in Kano, your parents were also born here in Kano. So, who can come and tell you that you are not an indigene? We are all one and we should live together as brothers and sisters,” he said.

Sanusi also called on Igbo leaders in Kano to pick a leader so that everyone is obliged to accept his leadership.

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano was represented at the event by the Head of Service, Dr Kabiru Shehu.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/811745/just-in-no-jon-indigene-in-kano-emir-sanusi-declares/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

1 Like

Re: No Jon-indigene In Kano – Emir Sanusi Declares by Slikbae: 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2019
Lol
Re: No Jon-indigene In Kano – Emir Sanusi Declares by shadrama(m): 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2019
story, they wan use style so that we go say make we adopt their pattern. for my state we get indigene and non-indigene. But dnt be hostile to the peaceful visitors. As for the non peaceful ones, "Do unto them before they do unto you" SHIKINA

2 Likes

Re: No Jon-indigene In Kano – Emir Sanusi Declares by Chibuzoc(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2019
We say no to RUGA colony in Biafraland

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Jon-indigene In Kano – Emir Sanusi Declares by WeSayNoToRuga: 7:47pm On Jul 01, 2019
These Abokis are coming with different tactics but they can only deceive their fellow zombies.

religious extremists

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Jon-indigene In Kano – Emir Sanusi Declares by Khaleell001(m): 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2019
shadrama:
story, they wan use style so that we go say make we adopt their pattern. for my state we get indigene and non-indigene. But dnt be hostile to the peaceful visitors. As for the non peaceful ones, "Do unto them before they do unto you" SHIKINA

I guess you don't really know the personality of Emir SLS.If you do, you would know he does not mince words when he says anything in the public.
I guess you did go through his statement before commenting.
Re: No Jon-indigene In Kano – Emir Sanusi Declares by blackboy(m): 9:40pm On Jul 01, 2019
Make Igbo man come become governor? Or Yoruba boy collect Kano State scholarship?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Jon-indigene In Kano – Emir Sanusi Declares by shadrama(m): 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2019
Khaleell001:

I guess you don't really know the personality of Emir SLS.If you do, you would know he does not mince words when he says anything in the public.
I guess you did go through his statement before commenting.
bros, i dont give a constipated poo abt what the emir said. so far he is a fulani man, my guy i need to b careful. i dnt wnt to wake up and find my entire community been chased by fulani with sickle in one hand and AK in the other hand. THATSALL

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Jon-indigene In Kano – Emir Sanusi Declares by jamace(m): 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2019
Deceit. Believe that you believe anything. angry

1 Like

Re: No Jon-indigene In Kano – Emir Sanusi Declares by simonlee(m): 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2019
blackboy:
Make Igbo man come become governor? Or Yoruba boy collect Kano State scholarship?
it would be easier for an Igbo man to be governor than a Yoruba man to receive that scholarship! grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ANN's Akeem Amosun Defects, Leads Three Thousand Of Supporters To PDP / Ideas On How To Win An Election In School, Help A Nairalander / AfDB Vice-president, Blanke, Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.