Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

Buhari Persecuting Saraki Because He Is Opposed To His Government - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Persecuting Saraki Because He Is Opposed To His Government - Atiku (276 Views)

"Ghana Persecuting Us Since 2007", Nigerians Tell Gbajabiamila / El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri / Obono-Obla: Osinbajo’s Office Persecuting Me For Being Loyal To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Persecuting Saraki Because He Is Opposed To His Government - Atiku by nairavsdollars(f): 10:22am On Jul 02, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Atiku Abubakar, Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP ) in the just-concluded general elections on Tuesday said the Federal Government is using the instruments of the state to persecute former Senate President, Bukola Saraki.

In a statement titled ‘Bukola Saraki: Silence In The Face of Tyranny Is Acquiescence’, which he personally signed, Atiku who was Vice President from1999 to 2007 also said Saraki has been investigated all the way to the Supreme Court and emerged victoriously.

He added that he decided to speak out against injustice because silence may imply he is in support of the tyrannical acts of the present government.

He said “I stand against corruption in government, which was why my office personally facilitated the take-off of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission after it was created by then President Olusegun Obasanjo”.

“However, there is a huge difference between prosecution and persecution. I am all for prosecuting the corrupt, but I believe it is wrong to use the instruments of state to persecute political opponent”.

Dr. Bukola Abubakar Saraki, the immediate past Senate President, is one of the most investigated politicians in Nigeria. He has been investigated and prosecuted all the way to the Supreme Court and has prevailed against his accusers. It was expected that that should have been the end of the matter”.

“However, the revival of previously investigated cases, and the fact that Dr. Saraki was politically opposed to the administration of General Muhammadu Buhari seems to give strong grounds for objective bystanders to conclude that his current travails have gone beyond prosecution and are now tending towards persecution”.

“The laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria are made for all and we fought for democracy so that the powers of the state would not be used to suborn tyranny and oppression”.

“In the instance, I urge Dr. Bukola Saraki to stand firm and take solace in the fact that Nigerians still hold the constitution higher than any other authority”.

“I urge all Nigerians, and especially those tasked with upholding the constitution and the laws of the land, to note that silence in the face of oppression is akin to acquiescence. I, Atiku Abubakar, will always stand up for the constitution and Nigeria”.
https://www.independent.ng/buharis-government-persecuting-saraki-not-prosecuting-him-atiku/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Persecuting Saraki Because He Is Opposed To His Government - Atiku by helinues: 10:24am On Jul 02, 2019
undecided

Re: Buhari Persecuting Saraki Because He Is Opposed To His Government - Atiku by Kingosytex(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2019
It is very clear and even visible to the blind that those in power want to gun down Baba Oloye, but one thing is certain, both Buhari and Magu are too small to nail Dr. Saraki

1 Like

Re: Buhari Persecuting Saraki Because He Is Opposed To His Government - Atiku by hisexcellency34: 10:27am On Jul 02, 2019
Don't tell me this is VAR

helinues:
undecided
Re: Buhari Persecuting Saraki Because He Is Opposed To His Government - Atiku by tuniski: 10:27am On Jul 02, 2019
Tyranny won't last forever. Someday this current persecutors will be haunted.
Re: Buhari Persecuting Saraki Because He Is Opposed To His Government - Atiku by limeta(f): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2019
Buhari will fail as always.
God stamp it
Re: Buhari Persecuting Saraki Because He Is Opposed To His Government - Atiku by hisexcellency34: 10:35am On Jul 02, 2019
If like Atiku said, Saraki has been taken up to the Supreme Court and he triumphed, what else are they looking for?

(1) (Reply)

The intimacy gadget Shopping Senator / Why RUGA Settlements Program Is A Horrible Idea / Atiku Witness Forgot Server Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.