Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,301 members, 7,967,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 06:23 AM

Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers (8723 Views)

Buhari Meets And Speaks With Journalists At His Daura Home, Katsina (photos) / APC Members They Speaks With Bitterness,venom And Angers. President Jonathan / Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by truly: 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2010
stiyke:

Reading through all your posts prove that "A PEOPLE DESERVE THE KIND OF LEADERS THEY GET". Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they get. Surprising most ppl on this thread choose the words of a know Gun runner and outlaw over that of an elected leader (even though the election is flawed). At least give your president and CinC the benefit of doubt till he prove himself. No one challanged George Bush while in office that the reasons for invading Iraq was negative. They all stood by him even when there was rumour there were no smoking guns in Iraq! So you ppl now choose Henry Okah over your president. Dont be surprised some one like Henry Okah rule you ppl come 2011.

Over sabi charlatans!
We did not give Abacha the benefit of doubt!
We did not give Obj the benefit of doubt! Especially people from Anambra, Bakassi, Odi and Zaki Biam will not
So why should we give a CinC who airs fake text message the benefit of our doubts?

We are talking about a CinC who refused to do anything about a bomb blast in March this year because he could not milk it for political purposes
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by truly: 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2010
al-qaeda:

I DON'T SEE WHY WE KEEP ARGUING THIS ISSUE OVER ND OVER AGAIN. ALL THIS IS RUBBISH. BY MONTH'S END, NO ONE WILL TALK ABOUT THIS MATTER ANYMORE. IT'LL BE SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET. MARK MY WORDS.

Guess you are right
Nothing has been heard or done about the dead
Only TV-covered visits to the injured

What happened to the March bomb blast in Warri - was that not a crime because nobody from PDP had declared to contest against GJ then
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by truly: 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2010
rashylous:

whats the abbreviation for INDEPENDENT BOMB BAST,
Somebody has beaten you to it

GJ - Gbomo Jomo
IBB = INNOCENT OF BOMB BLAST

Check the previous posts around NL before posting
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by TewMuch: 10:04pm On Oct 10, 2010
Enough of all this argument, read what his lawyer said, 234 Next are beginning to even doubt the call. So to all the ignorant people fighting on this thread about something that is so clear, the argument is not necessary.

Mr. Okah’s South African lawyer, Piet Dupleiss, in a telephone conversation with NEXT, said that his client could receive calls whilst in custody, but that he could not make calls from within the cell.

“Mr. Okah does not have access to his personal phone,” he said. “However, with permission he can receive calls on the official prison phone.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5628520-146/i_can_make_calls_anytime_i.csp
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by ogmyth: 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2010
I do not even understand the argument here, if it was fake South African govt would have said soy, even Nigeria govt would have openly said so, for FG to have replied the allegation and asked him to mention the name means is true. And you don't expect a network that is competing with the likes of CNN to drag itself in such mud.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by danidon: 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2010
pls why not allow this fugitive to rest where he is. At times we tend to mAKE PEOPLE VERY INFLUENTIAL MUCH MORE THAN THEY SHOULD
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by mindurword(m): 10:54pm On Oct 10, 2010
IS IMPOSIBLE FOR OKAH TO MAKE CALL IN PRISON WITH HIS MOBILE PHONE , SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING IS POSSIBLE , A TERRORIST CASE IS NOT LIKE STEALING OR 419 , MORE OVER HENRY OKAH IS NOT IN DIPORTATION CAMP WHERE HE CAN HAVE ACCESS TO MOBILE PHONE , BLACK LIE THERE IS NOTING LIKE ANY COMMUNICATION WITH ANY MEDIA I CAN BET ANYTHING , MOST PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM I BELIVE THEY LEAVE ABROAD AND WE ALL KNOW WATIN DEY, SOME COUNTRY YOU CAN ONLY RECIVED CALL NOT WITH MOBILE PHONE, BEFORE YOU ARE FINALY TAKEING TO PRISON ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF ARRIVING PRISON YOU WILL BE TOROLY SEARCH ALL YOUR ATEMS LIKE CELL PHONE OR MONEY WILL BE COLLECTED FROM YOU AND REGESTERED ANY DAY YOU ARE FREE IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU, OKAH IS IN A PRIVATE CELL ARCCORDING TO THE MEDIA REPORT FOR SAFTY REASON , SO OKAH COULD NEVER HAVE ANY ACCESS TO A CELL PHONE , WE ALL SHALL SEE THE END OF THIS SOON, AND I BET WITH ANY ONE OKAH THE TRERROSRT CAN NEVER GET A BAIL ON THE 14TH OF THIS MONTH IS NEVER NEVER POSSIBLE A TERRORIS CASE IS SERIOUS MATTER ALL CONCLUTION MOST BE CONCLUDED FIRST BEFORE TALKING OF BAIL ,THIS IS NOT AMNESTY PROGRAM WHERE HE WAS LET GO LAST TIME THIS TIME HIS GOING DOWN FOR IT , HOW MANY TERRORIST HAVE AMERICAN GRANT BAIL OR INDIA OR PARKISTAN OR AFRGANISTAN OKAH CASE SHOULD BE TREETED LIKE ONE OF THOSE TERRORIST.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by mindurword(m): 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2010
IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR OKAH TO MAKE CALL IN PRISON WITH HIS MOBILE PHONE , SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING IS POSSIBLE , A TERRORIST CASE IS NOT LIKE STEALING OR 419 , MORE OVER HENRY OKAH IS NOT IN DEPORTATION CAMP WHERE HE CAN HAVE ACCESS TO MOBILE PHONE , BLACK LIE THERE IS NOTING LIKE ANY COMMUNICATION WITH ANY MEDIA I CAN BET ANYTHING , MOST PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM I BELIVE THEY LEAVE ABROAD AND WE ALL KNOW WATIN DEY, SOME COUNTRY YOU CAN ONLY RECEIVED CALL NOT WITH MOBILE PHONE, BEFORE YOU ARE FINA LY TAKING TO PRISON ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF ARRIVING PRISON YOU WILL BE TORREY SEARCH ALL YOUR ATEMS LIKE CELL PHONE OR MONEY WILL BE COLLECTED FROM YOU AND REGESTER ED ANY DAY YOU ARE FREE IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU, OKAH IS IN A PRIVATE CELL ARCCORDING TO THE MEDIA REPORT FOR SAFETY REASON , SO OKAH COULD NEVER HAVE ANY ACCESS TO A CELL PHONE , WE ALL SHALL SEE THE END OF THIS SOON, AND I BET WITH ANY ONE OKAH THE TERRORIST CAN NEVER GET A BAIL ON THE 14TH OF THIS MONTH IS NEVER NEVER POSSIBLE A TERRORIST CASE IS SERIOUS MATTER ALL CONCLUSION MOST BE CONCLUDED FIRST BEFORE TALKING OF BAIL ,THIS IS NOT AMNESTY PROGRAM WHERE HE WAS LET GO LAST TIME THIS TIME HIS GOING DOWN FOR IT , HOW MANY TERRORIST HAVE AMERICAN GRANT BAIL OR INDIA OR PAKISTAN OR AFGHANISTAN OKAH CASE SHOULD BE TREETED LIKE ONE OF THOSE TERRORIST.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by EvilBrain1(m): 11:22pm On Oct 10, 2010
Igwe.:

and you think that something good can come out of an Evil Brain? Nope!

so . . . . . . . . PASS!

<sigh> I'm tired of arguing with you children. Most of you just can't be reasoned with.

I think I'll just post funny pictures from now on.

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by EvilBrain1(m): 11:37pm On Oct 10, 2010
After carefully considering all the evidence, our brave president brilliantly deduced who the real culprits were.

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 10, 2010
Evil Brain:

After carefully considering all the evidence, our brave president brilliantly deduced who the real culprits were.

How? By making a rough statement on how MEND were not behind the bomb blast without doing an investigation first?
Then why did MEND apologized? Then why did MEND warn Nigerians to beware of future terrorism from them?
Then why is GEJ and Okah presently playing "Iono" and pointing fingers at each other?

Funny thing, still surprised that GEJ has not yet pointed his finger at IBB.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Oct 10, 2010
The suspicion was probably on IBB from day one but we have yet to actually come up with evidence linking him to this. I am not an IBB fan, nor am I a Henry Okah/terrorist fan either; I do however hate that our government, by its actions so far, is forcing folks like me to understand these people in this case. What we need - what the dead need and deserve is true justice not jungle justice which seems to be what the majority seem to be pushing for here, and we might end up getting in the end.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by EvilBrain1(m): 12:15am On Oct 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Funny thing, still surprised that GEJ has not yet pointed his finger at IBB.

They arrested his campaign manager and fed the NTA that bullshiat about the text messages.

I'd say GEJ is pointing more than a finger.

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 11, 2010
Evil Brain:

They arrested his campaign manager and fed the NTA that bullshiat about the text messages.

I'd say GEJ is pointing more than a finger.
Kobojunkie:

The suspicion was probably on IBB from day one but we have yet to actually come up with evidence linking him to this. I am not an IBB fan, nor am I a Henry Okah/terrorist fan either; I do however hate that our government, by its actions so far, is forcing folks like me to understand these people in this case. What we need - what the dead need and deserve is true justice not jungle justice which seems to be what the majority seem to be pushing for here, and we might end up getting in the end.

Exactly, I'm actually glad that Okah was not in Nigeria from the period of the bomb.
He'd have been rotting in jail right now, without hearing his side of the coin, with more "fake" evidence shoved down his throat.
Kai, what happened to democracy in Nigeria? Everything is going down hill.

Just because people dont want to vote for GEJ need to understand that the choice is not only between "IBB or GEJ".

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by EvilBrain1(m): 12:46am On Oct 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Exactly, I'm actually glad that Okah was not in Nigeria from the period of the bomb.
He'd have been rotting in jail right now, without hearing his side of the coin, with more "fake" evidence shoved down his throat.

Just because people dont want to vote for GEJ need to understand that the choice is not only between "IBB or GEJ".

If we're lucky, the two of them will have so completely discredited each other by the primaries that the PDP will have no choice but to choose "non of the above" as their candidate.

I seriously doubt if anybody in PDP cares about things like credibility though. As long as they can rig and win.

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by EvilBrain1(m): 2:03am On Oct 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

How? By making a rough statement on how MEND were not behind the bomb blast without doing an investigation first?
Then why did MEND apologized? Then why did MEND warn Nigerians to beware of future terrorism from them?

But, but, MEND is innocent. The president said so, therefore it must be true!

Off topic: Why is Asari always so angry? In all his pictures, he has the same crazy look on his face. Not normal.

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 11, 2010
Evil Brain:

If we're lucky, the two of them will have so completely discredited each other by the primaries that the PDP will have no choice but to choose "non of the above" as their candidate.

I seriously doubt if anybody in PDP cares about things like credibility though. As long as they can rig and win.
Evil Brain:

But, but, MEND is innocent. The president said so, therefore it must be true!

Off topic: Why is Asari always so angry? In all his pictures, he has the same crazy look on his face. Not normal.

LOL I now see that you're only being sarcastic and being Anti-GEJ/IBB.

At this point, neither one of them is credible.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 2:33am On Oct 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

LOL I now see that you're only being sarcastic and being Anti-GEJ/IBB.

At this point, neither one of them is credible.

At this point? IBB never really had credibility of any kind, as far as I am concerned. The current president, on the other hand, rode the same corrupt train to power and played the same corrupt games to retain power. So, I didn't really know he existed, when he was a mere zoology PHD holder but from the much I have learnt of him since he started his journey to Aso rock, I say he does not seem to have a buck load of that either.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by EvilBrain1(m): 3:26am On Oct 11, 2010
Forget Okah, What about Mutallab?

He has the motive, the ability, everything. I'm sure those al queda guys in Guantanamo would have taught him enough new tricks by now. He must have planted the bombs!

Wait, I think I have his number, let me ask him
Oh my God! Farouk, how could you do such a thing?
GEJ was right. It was those northerners

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 3:39am On Oct 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

At this point? IBB never really had credibility of any kind, as far as I am concerned. The current president, on the other hand, rode the same corrupt train to power and played the same corrupt games to retain power. So, I didn't really know he existed, when he was a mere zoology PHD holder but from the much I have learnt of him since he started his journey to Aso rock, I say he does not seem to have a buck load of that either.

True, but truth be told, I had some kinda hope in GEJ. This man is a wolf in sheep's clothing,

Evil Brain:

Forget Okah, What about Mutallab?

He has the motive, the ability, everything. I'm sure those al queda guys in Guantanamo would have taught him enough new tricks by now. He must have planted the bombs!

Wait, I think I have his number, let me ask him
Oh my God! Farouk, how could you do such a thing?
GEJ was right. It was those northerners

LOL. grin
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Kobojunkie: 3:42am On Oct 11, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

True, but truth be told, I had some kinda hope in GEJ. This man is a wolf in sheep's clothing,

LOL.  grin

I quit having hope in Nigerian politicians and started instead on waiting, just waiting, for the few that will at some point listen to the Nigerian people and start the country on the path to change, with no guarantee of my worship even at that point.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by koruji(m): 3:43am On Oct 11, 2010
I would advise we all to hold judgement over this for a little longer.

There was a faction of MEND, a significant faction, that accepted the amnesty - GEJ probably considers these ones the true MEND. We all remember that Yar'adua's last war in the creeks was against Tompolo or whatever his name. It was after that battle that the amnesty program began to be implemented - which eventually led to Okah's release. Tompolo accepted the amnesty and has come out to say they were not responsible for the bombings.

There was a faction of MEND that destroyed or nearly destroyed GEJ's home in Balyesa during the elections. It is likely the same faction that bombed the reconciliation meeting by the region's governors earlier this year. Once Okah got out of jail he made clear that he was not accepting the amnesty. During the recent incident he has claimed that there are thousands of fighters still in the creeks, with even more sophisticated weapons than before the amnesty. It this is true it means that Okah has gone back to his gun-running business.

Thus, the only thing that seems clear is that there are many political and MEND factions in Bayelsa, and they are playing their deadly state politics out on the national scene. Unfortunately, their individual ambition is playing into the hands of the devil himself, who is actively encouraging it - that is the only reason he chose Dokpesi to be his campaign chair. Yesterday, Dokpesi accepted that some of those held over the bombings sent him text messages over balances to be paid them - but it was about a campaign office, not the bombing. In the same press conference he also accused GEJ of refusing to pay him N6 billion balance from the Under-17 championships coverage - and that the initial sum has risen to N19 billion . Is this all about money afterall?

IBB tried to divide the southwest in the same way until those romancing him were called to quick order - but he is still at work. He has successfully shattered South-East cohesion by dangling 2015 presidency like a piece of raw meat in front of a dog. We all know he will change the story or make a new one, if he ever gets into Aso Rock.

We have the northern political establishment issuing threats of mayhem to GEJ. Such boldface belligerence means that you cannot rule out a role for their fifth column in all of these.

Just saying that there is more than meets the eye here - hasty commentary on one side or the other will get us all in trouble, as GEJ is finding out - though I am not saying that you have taken sides grin

Ileke-IdI:

Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by ayinba1(f): 4:37am On Oct 11, 2010
Fifth column ko, fiftieth column ni!

The fact is GEJ is a lying opportunist. We still await the final findings of the investigations. Okah has so far been more consistent than Mr GEJ- JEGA/
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 11, 2010
koruji:

I would advise we all to hold judgement over this for a little longer.

There was a faction of MEND, a significant faction, that accepted the amnesty - GEJ probably considers these ones the true MEND. We all remember that Yar'adua's last war in the creeks was against Tompolo or whatever his name. It was after that battle that the amnesty program began to be implemented - which eventually led to Okah's release. Tompolo accepted the amnesty and has come out to say they were not responsible for the bombings.

There was a faction of MEND that destroyed or nearly destroyed GEJ's home in Balyesa during the elections. It is likely the same faction that bombed the reconciliation meeting by the region's governors earlier this year. Once Okah got out of jail he made clear that he was not accepting the amnesty. During the recent incident he has claimed that there are thousands of fighters still in the creeks, with even more sophisticated weapons than before the amnesty. It this is true it means that Okah has gone back to his gun-running business.

Thus, the only thing that seems clear is that there are many political and MEND factions in Bayelsa, and they are playing their deadly state politics out on the national scene. Unfortunately, their individual ambition is playing into the hands of the devil himself, who is actively encouraging it - that is the only reason he chose Dokpesi to be his campaign chair. Yesterday, Dokpesi accepted that some of those held over the bombings sent him text messages over balances to be paid them - but it was about a campaign office, not the bombing. In the same press conference he also accused GEJ of refusing to pay him N6 billion balance from the Under-17 championships coverage - and that the initial sum has risen to N19 billion . Is this all about money afterall?

IBB tried to divide the southwest in the same way until those romancing him were called to quick order - but he is still at work. He has successfully shattered South-East cohesion by dangling 2015 presidency like a piece of raw meat in front of a dog. We all know he will change the story or make a new one, if he ever gets into Aso Rock.

We have the northern political establishment issuing threats of mayhem to GEJ. Such boldface belligerence means that you cannot rule out a role for their fifth column in all of these.

Just saying that there is more than meets the eye here - hasty commentary on one side or the other will get us all in trouble, as GEJ is finding out - though I am not saying that you have taken sides grin

Ws that not the same Okah that claimed to not have provision to provide guns for MEND during one of his interviews?

It's painfully obvious that some dirty politicians are behind this----> Just which ones?

It's plainly obvious that the SW want no more of IBB and that GEJ is somehow bias, So far, the only thing he has done right was sending help to Aba.

Just saying that there is more than meets the eye here - hasty commentary on one side or the other will get us all in trouble, as GEJ is finding out - though I am not saying that you have taken sides
LOL good, cuz am not smiley

Kobojunkie:

I quit having hope in Nigerian politicians and started instead on waiting, just waiting, for the few that will at some point listen to the Nigerian people and start the country on the path to change, with no guarantee of my worship even at that point.
lol. . . . waiting for the right politicians or waiting for your own fair share of national cake? tongue wink
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by koruji(m): 4:58am On Oct 11, 2010
At least you accept that both are so far inconsistent in their stories - I don' know how you are measuring inconsistency now. Nigeria is a strange country, so don't rule out fifth or fiftieth columnists cheesy Let's all give this some time, unless you of course have chosen your side.

On the other hand, you have to admit that GEJ is a man of incredible luck or coincidences. There is no way anyone can arrange his rise to rulership. Even IBB had to stand behind a long queue assisting with coup after coup before he saw a chance - only to be shamed out of office. All GEJ had was 8 years to reach Aso Rock. Then he went out and chose someone to conduct elections and the mans last name turned out be the ancronym for GEJ's full name. I am not given to superstition, but you have to admit there are things we can't explain about the man just yet.

ayinba1:

Fifth column ko, fiftieth column ni!

The fact is GEJ is a lying opportunist. We still await the final findings of the investigations. Okah has so far been more consistent than Mr GEJ- JEGA/
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 11, 2010
I just like how "JEGA" rolls off my tongue.

What does it stand for? Jonathan Ebele Goodluck A(?).
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by EzeUche0(m): 5:03am On Oct 11, 2010
Ileke-Idi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epzb70wcpa8

This is how I feel right now after looking at that pic. wink
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by koruji(m): 5:10am On Oct 11, 2010
The A is for Azikwe.

Some people think the guy just appended that to his name, and may soon add Balewa and Awolowo to it too grin grin grin. don't know if it is true though.

Ileke-IdI:

I just like how "JEGA" rolls off my tongue.

What does it stand for? Jonathan Ebele Goodluck A(?).
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 11, 2010
EzeUche0:

Ileke-Idi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epzb70wcpa8

This is how I feel right now after looking at that pic.   wink

Interesting. ashy.

koruji:

The A is for Azikwe.

Some people think the guy just appended that to his name, and may soon add Balewa and Awolowo to it too grin grin grin. don't know if it is true though.

oh lol, thanks.
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by jesuspikin(m): 6:19am On Oct 11, 2010
BEFORE IBB, DELE GIWA LETTER BOMB MAY NOT TRUE

NOW IBB, INDEPENDENT BOMB BLAST, shocked grin ; WHAT A COINCIDENCE

WHY IS HE ALWAYS LINK WITH BOMBS
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by tundejayz: 6:31am On Oct 11, 2010
hmm
Re: Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers by rachely476: 8:43am On Oct 11, 2010
I am impressed by how much IBB people now suddenly love Henry Okah!
Its a new kind of miracle!!! Its like an epiphany!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tension In CBN Over Appointments, Promotions / Nigerian Air Force Receives Upgrade Mi-35p Attack Helicopters (pics) / 2019 Presidency: Rochas Okorocha To Takeover From Buhari-ifeduba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.