Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,598 members, 7,941,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

E-passport Application - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / E-passport Application (2255 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Questions About New E-passport Application Process / Nigerian Passport Application In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

E-passport Application by Tstark(m): 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2010
Hi guys,
Im coming to Nigeria in a month ans i was wondering how i could apply for an E-passport when i get there, and what documentation i would need. I will be staying for only 2 weeks so i would need the passport as quickly as possible. Any information on how to achieve this is highly appreciated. Thanks!
Re: E-passport Application by Dsense(m): 5:47pm On Oct 08, 2010
I think i need such INFO tooo. wink
PPL pls drop comments!!!
Re: E-passport Application by OmoTier1(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2010
Tstark:

Hi guys,
Im coming to Nigeria in a month ans i was wondering how i could apply for an E-passport when i get there, and what documentation i would need. I will be staying for only 2 weeks so i would need the passport as quickly as possible. Any information on how to achieve this is highly appreciated. Thanks!
You can get your E-passport in Benin City immigration office in two days for 18,000 Naira. I came back recently from the UK too and I got mine done there on the 2nd of September 2010. If you are any where near Benin then get in touch and I can hook you up with the person and you will get your e-passport in two days. However you will need to have the following ready
1. A copy of your Birth Certificate
2. A copy of your sponsor's/guarantor's identity document .i.e photocopy of the sponsor's International Passport bio data page or driving license
3. Two coloured passport photograph
4. The original copy of your current International Passport ( As this will have to be cancelled immediately they issue you the e-passport)
5. The 18,000 Naira of course
6.  A copy of your local government of Origin declaration ( but do not worry if you do not have this as they will sort it out for you there).

I hope I have not missed out anything and I also hope this Will be of help to you.
Re: E-passport Application by Tstark(m): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2010
^^^^^^^^^
Thank you very much for the info< but i need somewhere in Lagos that i can do it at> i wont be going anywhere near Benin< but if your contact knows someone in the Lagos office it will be very helpful for me> thanks!
Re: E-passport Application by OmoTier1(m): 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2010
Tstark:

^^^^^^^^^
Thank you very much for the info< but i need somewhere in Lagos that i can do it at> i wont be going anywhere near Benin< but if your contact knows someone in the Lagos office it will be very helpful for me> thanks!

I would have to find out if the contact has any NIS high rank officer at Ikoyi Passport office that could help, though when I did mine Ikoyi was like a war zone and there was no hope I could get it in two working days as I was constantly being told 5 working days is the minimum waiting time for those that pay the normal 9500 Naira bank charges, hence the reason I went to Benin. And I must say it was hassle free as I only submitted the documents requested and paid the 18000 Naira at the office and every other processing ( i.e form filling, bank payment etc) was done and I was expressly sent into the scanning room for my bio data and after two hours of waiting I collected my passport and the old one cancelled at the same time.
Re: E-passport Application by Tstark(m): 12:55am On Oct 10, 2010
^^^^^^
Thanks Omo_tier1, i'll be waiting for your response wink

(1) (Reply)

Can You Fly In A Push-started Plane? / 10 Weird Names Of Places In Abeokuta / African History Mega Theme Park Project Finally Breaks Ground In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.