Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,347 members, 7,884,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 03:23 PM

Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need Know - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need Know (667 Views)

I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. / Concluding Part Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need To Know / Part 2 Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need Know by Maleeqberry(m): 10:23am On Jul 03, 2019
*BASE ON BELLA REQUEST* ...
I will be delivering lecture for this month *June* on the below topics.. *Breeding system in rabbit farm* .. From this topic will be learning a lot of things ranging from, INBREEDING, CROSS-BREEDING PUREBREEDING, OUT-CROSSING, LINE BREEDING, RANDOM BREEDING. by the end of this lecture I will make justice to each breeding system..

I am *Mr Ramon Malik*
From *Ilorin kwara state*

*Breeding* is the method of bringing together buck and doe of a desired trait for producing offspring or young rabbit of good and desirable traits or character

*Rabbit breeding* . Is the selective mating so as to obtain offspring with desirable value,improve performance and high economic production, such as fast growth, resistance to disease, fecundity (prolific), fur etc

I will be breaking down each breeding system for better understanding..
Ranging from Inbreeding, crossbreeding, outcrosing, linebreeding, purebreeding,random breeding..
*. Inbreeding* is the mating of individuals that are more closely related through common ancestry such as rabbit from the same mother and father to mate together.
Breeding of closely related individuals

*Mating systems that promote inbreeding*
*Full Sib mating* : mating of individuals which have both parents in common

*Half Sib mating* : Mating of individuals with one parent in common
*Backcrossing* : mating of the progeny of a cross between two parents to one of the parents
*Small populations* : even with controlled crosses, some inbreeding will still occur.

*Consequences of inbreeding*

�Genetic uniformity due to homozygousity
Unmasking of recessive trait

�Inbreeding depression i.e. Loss of vigour

*Characteristics of inbreeding depression*
Increase in number of nonviable or barely viable individuals

Drastic decline in fertility

Decline in vigour. For example lost of desirable traits.

High mortality in weaners
Reduction in growth rate

*Cross breed* : it is a term meant to facilitate mating between separate breeds of rabbit to achieve offspring or Kitt with average value or Trait of the buck and doe...
Crossbreeding : this is the process of mating two or more genetically unrelated rabbit i.e two different breed Dutch and NZW. The aim of crossbreeding is to combine trait and characters, so as to create greater variability in resulting offspring.... *California* is a crossbreed of *nzw* and *chinchilla* and *Himalayan*

crossbreeding: is often done with the
intention to create offspring that share the traits of both parent lineages, or producing a mixed breed with mixed breed vigor .

crossbreeding can also produce breed of inferior quality or dilute a purebred gene pool to the point of extinction
Cross-breeding for multiple
generations is not advantageous as it
results in
� unpredictable offspring.
�If you are breeding animals on purpose,
then you have an idea of the traits that you would like them to have,
*cross-breeding* removes your ability to
predict the outcome of the mating..
Crossbreeding lead to loss of pure line or certain trait.

Despite the negative part of cross-breeding. Let look in to positive side of it...

For the purpose of this lecture I will the advantages into two point..

�One. Production of a new breed or
strain.
Cross-breeding can combine the traits/
genetics of diverse breed . Yes,
you are unpredictable in the first
generations (minimum of 5–10
usually) such as *California*
This doesn’t always work out like you
had planned, and it takes many
generations after the cross-breeding
before you know if you nailed it
�. Production of a specific hybrid
that has desirable traits from
heterozygous genetics.
This is what we do with Hyla breed crossing it other breed with small growth rate but have other good trait such as prolific, resistance to disease
producing this cross for many
generations, then you can have a
highly predictable breed.. Which will be bigger than pure Dutch and more resistant to disease than pure hyla

To be continued
��‍� *Mr Ramon Malik*
08132889963 whatsapp
Immamumolik@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

HQCP Mash (fine And Coarse) Available For Sale / Poultry Transport Crates For Sale 07062828943 / ALREADY USED FOWL FEED BAGS NEEDED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.