Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,835 members, 7,872,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:29 PM

I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi (984 Views)

Fans May Not Be Returning To Football Matches Anytime Soon- FA Chairman / State Government Donates Buses To Enugu Rangers International Football Club / Wayne Rooney Has Retired From International Football. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi by MoDaniel(m): 11:39am On Jul 03, 2019
After Argentina ended in failure at the Copa America on Tuesday, failing to win against Brazil, Lionel Messi has promised not to leave international football soon.

The 32-year-old Barcelona star, who infamously quit international football after Argentina’s defeat in the 2016 Copa America Centenario final, said he had no plans to hang up his boots after a 2-0 semi-final loss to Brazil.

“If I can still help in any way, I will continue to do so. I feel really good in this group,” said the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.

“This is a good, talented generation who showed that they love the national team,” he added.
“They have a future and great foundations, they just need to be given time.”

Messi will get another chance to break his tournament duck next year when the Copa America takes place in Argentina and Colombia, with the 2022 World Cup looming further on the horizon.

Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni meanwhile insisted his new-look squad had a bright future despite the defeat.
“Without a doubt, today we showed that this group of players feel the jersey like no-one else,” he said.
“We showed an image for the future of this squad and these players and the great path they are on.
“To play in this stadium, in these conditions and to be superior to our opponents.
“It doesn’t matter because they’re going to the final but if we’re aware of what we did today then there’s only positives.”

He said the defeat was “unfair” claiming that “no other team has created as many goalscoring chances against Brazil as we did.”

Messi’s best chance came on 57 minutes when he volleyed against the post. Scaloni said the veteran was Argentina’s “standard-bearer.”

“Brazil were continuously trying to stop passes from reaching him and we kept looking for ways to get him the ball,” Scaloni said.

“It was thrilling to see him play. It didn’t work out today but he’ll have his rematch and the whole squad will have their rematch.”
Scaloni was unhappy with some of Ecuadoran referee Roddy Zambrano’s decisions, not least the fact that Argentina picked up six bookings to Brazil’s two.

“I didn’t like the referee, I don’t usually make those comments,”
He said.
“I don’t think he was qualified for a match of this level.”

He added:
“If a midfielder player is on a yellow card this changes things. There were a lot of small details where the match started to lose its balance because of those decisions.”

http://beatnaija.com/i-am-not-quitting-international-football-anytime-soon-lionel-messi-after-lose/
Re: I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi by IamD18: 11:44am On Jul 03, 2019
You are actually very useless to them.

All hail Ronaldo! A complete player.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 03, 2019
angry sadSome people GOAT.. even Matildo official FIFA ball carrier has gone to finals more than him.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi by Munzy14(m): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2019
Very cool one..
Re: I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi by EmzyT: 11:55am On Jul 03, 2019
Messi, The Wi-fi that doesn't Connect outside NOU CAMP grin E wan win international trophy by fire by force so as to match the real GOAT - Ronaldo grin Ronaldo is more of a Leader and knows how to carry his team along than you.. That reminds me, where is the Aguero that said he will win the Copa America for you? cheesy Chaii, Promise atimes, it is easier said than Done grin

Try harder next time ''Little GOAT" wink

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi by ceejayMAX(m): 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2019
IamD18:

YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALSO USELESS HERE,SO U BETTER STFU

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi by Digital101: 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
Only one goal for Messi in this Copa American and it was from a penalty.
Messi need to retire so that Argentina can perform, they are depending on him too much and is taking all the glory when they win.
In conclusion, he is normal player when playing for Argentina but a Goat when playing for Barcelona. But Ronaldo always performed for his country and clubs.

Like for Ronaldo, Share for Messi.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi by Digital101: 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
IamD18:

Messi and Ronaldo are the two greatest players of our generation and we should be happy that these two were born in our generation and we are able to witness their magical performance on the pitch.

No one is useless

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi by Cruzzygraphics4: 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2019
Re: I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi by babakb: 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
Digital101:

Messi and Ronaldo are the two greatest players of our generation and we should be happy that these two were born in our generation and we are able to witness their magical performance on the pitch.

No one is useless

Yes ooh, i don't know why the fans of both players are hating on one another
Re: I Am Not Quitting International Football Anytime Soon – Lionel Messi by Jokerman(m): 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
I wish Messi can retire

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free Vip Game For 7days / Cristiano Ronaldo's Best Hat Tricks In 10 Different Competitions. CL To WC / Chelsea Dumps Yokohama, Signs New Shirt Sponsorship Deal With Tele Comm Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.