Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,435 members, 7,888,347 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:46 AM

Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? (7675 Views)

Is Genevieve Getting Married Soon? (Pre-Bridal Photos) / Is Genevieve's Daughter Prettier Than Mum? / Is Genevieve Nnaji Eating Less Or Vomiting More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2010
@topic I don't give a pokee
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Beync(f): 5:57pm On Oct 09, 2010
Well I'm sorry but Genevieve is better then Steph in every field: class, acting, grace, style, Genny beat her down.
Steph is one of my favourite also but Genny is way better. I am not very fond of Genevieve as a person, but as
a super star, she very well deserve all the praises she's getting. Stardom does not happend overnight, she
work her butt off hard for it, and time for her to enjoy her shine, you talk abt overrated undecided

[/quote]
true talk

[quote author=sashaa link=topic=528259.msg6908703#msg6908703 date=1286639364]
Are u kidding? Steph isn't a good actress. She should be doing stage drama not movies. And dat fake accent? Way too annoying!
She speaks very good english, i'll give her that. But plz let her drop d accent!

Genny on d other hand, may not be everybody's darling(myself included), but she is a darn good actress!
the same way i see it.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Afam4eva(m): 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2010
Genevieve without a doubt is the best Actress in Africa. She's not over rated at all. Though she lets' that status get into her head.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by mamagee3(f): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2010
Genevieve is not overrated at all if not for anything she's underated. . .

I mean she's the most talented actress in the industry, shecarries herself with class unlike ini edo and co who are involved in one scandal or the other.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by PupetMasta(m): 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2010
I dont really watch Nollywood so I cant really judge their acting skills but have listened to people talk about Gene and Steph, and this has made me concluded that Gene is the choice. As per beauty (hotness) I think Steph beats Gene by a mile or even more. it is not always the best that gets the loudest praise example is the hype and money around David Beckham but we all know he is not the best.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by SSaemoenl(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2010
mama-gee:

Genevieve is not overrated at all if not for anything she's underated. . .

I mean she's the most talented actress in the industry, shecarries herself with class unlike ini edo and co who are involved in one scandal or the other.

Mama, longest time. Hope u are coping so well this days, Anyway, I dey where u dey on the matter on board. Gene RULES!!!
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by UdohOdudu: 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2010
Geny's good. No doubt about that but I think every one has a right to personal preference. I am gonna always give it to Stephie, Katie Henshaw and Omosexy any day anytime. Unlike our Geny, they always manage to infuse their personalities into their roles in movies. Lest I forget, YES I agree that Geny is just a tinsy bit a little overrated not that she doesn't deserve it.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Dolemite(f): 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2010
WAY overrated, have you seen her act? undecided
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by larimo(m): 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2010
When analysing things like this, pls put aside your bias, beauty, etc that dont equate to acting.
Genevieve isn't overrated. In my opinion, she's the best today; better than my favourite actress Omotola and others.

Even her take home pay confirms it grin:

15. Unche Jumbo --- N 450,000 per script
14. Fathia Balogun --- N 500,000 per script
13. Mercy Johnson --- N 600,000 per script
12. Funke Akindele --- N 600-700,000 per script
11. Oge Okoye --- N 600.000 per script
10. Chioma Chukwuka --- N 700,000 per script
9. Rita Dominic --- N 1m per script
8. Ngozi Ezeonu --- N 1m per script
7. Joke Silver --- N 1m per script
6. Stella Damasus --- Goes for anything that suits her.
5. Kate Henshaw Nuptal --- N 1m per script
4. Omotola Jolade --- N 1.5m above per script
3. Patience Ozonkwo --- N 1.6 m per script
2. Ini Edo --- N 1.8m per script
1. Genevieve Nnaji --- N2m per script
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by PupetMasta(m): 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2010
I always wonder why Kate Henshaw is not always mentioned when it comes to beauty but in my own opinion is Kate Henshaw is the bomb. She beats all the other Nollywood actresses in beauty and acting
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by k00lxpert(m): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2010
i think she's not overrated, rather, she worked for all the encomiums she's getting today,,, no one can compare the achievements of Genny with Stef's--- imagine! the first nigerian female actress that will be interview & awarded with the operah Winfrey's show, think about that mennnnnnnnnn,
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by WAVixen: 9:26pm On Oct 09, 2010
Na wa o. Best actresss in Africa ke?/
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by domino74: 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2010
Genevieve has pimple on her face while while most actress have non
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Tittos: 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2010
billybaby:

Genevieve might not be overrated afterall but the truth remains that her achievement aided by God's favors is actually getting into her head and that is the area i don't seem to like about her. Omotala Jalade Ekeinde is very good at what she does (acting) but has better relationship with people than Genny. Omo sexy is homely and accommodating while Genny is rude and snubbish. I will suggest she mellow down knowing fully well that it is not all about Cash and popularity. Meanwhile, It is high time she thought about getting married cos age is no longer at her side.
have u ever meet her.cos ive meet both of them on seperate occassions and Gene was really nice and her smile was killing.Omotala was ok even though she looked like she was having a bad day.
Mingler:

Well, if you were a  professional yourself, will you not offer your service to the highest bidder? It does happen, the most expensive footballer in the world is not neccessarily the best footballer in the world, the most sought after professional might not neccessarily be the best, other things go in to consideration, marketability, Fan Base, Willingness to obey all lawful instructions with very little complaints,Physical Appeal, Relationship with employer, bargaining power,e.t.c all go in to consideration. As for whether she is the best, I do not want to join in that debate for now, i leave it to the rest nairalanders, Anyway you can view a comprehensive database of professionals in the world by visiting www.professionalsmingle.com
exactly!!!!
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by keyne(f): 2:38am On Oct 10, 2010
she is nt overrated.i wld say she is underreated.u got to give it to her,she has class,beauy and BRAINS!
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by dangiwa09(m): 2:55am On Oct 10, 2010
larimo:

When analysing things like this, pls put aside your bias, beauty, etc that dont equate to acting.
Genevieve isn't overrated. In my opinion, she's the best today; better than my favourite actress Omotola and others.

Even her take home pay confirms it grin:

15. Unche Jumbo --- N 450,000 per script
14. Fathia Balogun --- N 500,000 per script
13. Mercy Johnson --- N 600,000 per script
12. Funke Akindele --- N 600-700,000 per script
11. Oge Okoye --- N 600.000 per script
10. Chioma Chukwuka --- N 700,000 per script
9. Rita Dominic --- N 1m per script
8. Ngozi Ezeonu --- N 1m per script
7. Joke Silver --- N 1m per script
6. Stella Damasus --- Goes for anything that suits her.
5. Kate Henshaw Nuptal --- N 1m per script
4. Omotola Jolade --- N 1.5m above per script
3. Patience Ozonkwo --- N 1.6 m per script
2. Ini Edo --- N 1.8m per script
1. Genevieve Nnaji --- N2m per script

Where in the world did you get your info from? Pls stop disseminating falsehood as fact.

1st - Their fees change, depending on who the producer is.

2nd - No one REALLY knows what the actors/actress fees is EXCEPT the PRODUCER and ACTOR/ACTRESS in question.

3rd - Their ACTUAL fees are NOT made public, what you see/read in public domain is usually inflated to keep them on top for future negotiation, it's called SHOWBIZNESS for a reason.

4th - I'm speaking from 8yrs personal experience, take it or leave it.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by ceasyc(f): 5:46am On Oct 10, 2010
k00lxpert:

i think she's not overrated, rather, she worked for all the encomiums she's getting today,,, no one can compare the achievements of Genny with Stef's--- imagine! the first nigerian female actress that will be interview & awarded with the operah Winfrey's show, think about that mennnnnnnnnn,

genny was not interviewed by oprah n she did not go to d oprah show but oprah did show genny's pic/clip of home vid n talk about her 4 a few seconds n d amount she thinks she makes per home video. oprah was talking about different people all over d world (popular in their own country/continent)

anyhoo @topic - imo steph has a better height/body/figure than genny but genny acts better than steph. i dont think she is overrated but i do not think genny is the best actress in nollywood tho
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by slap1(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2010
Genny is reaping the fruit from the tree of time. Steph, no doubt, will reap hers when due. I have a deep respect for the duo.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by shilling(f): 10:56am On Oct 10, 2010
Ok, is it just me or anything negative about Genevieve makes the front page? No matter how irrelevant or dumb the post is. Whereas, posts saying good about her hardly ever do.

On the other hand, almost all repetitive boring posts complimenting Omotola make the front page? "Omotola attends blah blah blah premier"----> front page, "Omotola in a sexy outfit"----> front page. "Omesexy talks about her fans"----> front page, "Omotola talks about her daily life"----> front page.

Seriously?!!
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Skidoc(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2010
^^^That's because Omotola > Genevieve. tongue
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by tavon(m): 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2010
omotola? genevive? both are ugly as Bleep
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by redfred(m): 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2010
Genevieve Nnaji is the best actress in Nollywood
not overrated at all

Sorry i think you got it wrong, I'll go with  STEPHIE,

omotola? genevive? both are ugly as bleep

see who is not reading te post b4 reply,
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Ranoscky(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2010
Wel, all thru d yrs (since i stopped watchin Nolly movie), pipu v been sayin Genny is d best Nolly actress. But since dey say everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, and choice of preference, i'll say Omotola is my best actress (ryt from even wen i was stil watchin Nolly movie), and Genny herself is one of d gurls dat made me stop watchin home video (mind u, i don't hate her) b'cos (den), i don't lyk her way of actin AT ALL !!! But maybe since den, she has upgraded her actin skills and i believe dat's y majority r votin for her above others (omo T, Steph etc) !!!

But i stil wish her well tho cos, who God bless, no man curse !!!
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Afam4eva(m): 6:05pm On Oct 10, 2010
domino74:

Genevieve has pimple on her face while while most actress have non

So pimples has now become a criteria for judging the best actress. How stupid can one get.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by pyman(m): 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2010
she is actually overrated, but this issue of ovverrating can be made a lie if she can be taken in holywood to prove her talent.
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by MrCork21: 7:14pm On Oct 10, 2010
Yes she Over roted. , she aints even gots nyash
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Jideultimate(m): 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2010
well, both are pretty good, but me i prefer Gene in some aspect and likewise Okere in other aspect too, but they are both good and can not be perfect in all aspect, so no take it personal here
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Tittos: 7:32pm On Oct 10, 2010
shilling:

Ok, is it just me or anything negative about Genevieve makes the front page? No matter how irrelevant or dumb the post is. Whereas, posts saying good about her hardly ever do.

On the other hand, almost all repetitive boring posts complimenting Omotola make the front page? "Omotola attends blah blah blah premier"----> front page, "Omotola in a sexy outfit"----> front page. "Omesexy talks about her fans"----> front page, "Omotola talks about her daily life"----> front page.

Seriously?!!
gbam!!!!thought so too.the op incharge is probably biased
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by xman044: 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2010
Genevieve, Steph, and other nollywood actors and actress are all doing the best, have you ever thought of Chioma, she is decent knowledgeable reasonable in allow role she is given but as the situation may be, judgment may varies according to people opinion about what they see, and what they think. one thing for sure is that one must be on top, now it Genevieve
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by Tontolover(f): 9:35pm On Oct 10, 2010
No she's not overrated, she's the BEST actress in Nigeria and probably the whole Africa. i mean, i love both but Gene shits! wink
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by clip: 10:09pm On Oct 10, 2010
Let us not run our own down by this comparison.Both of them are good in their own way.Unique people contributing to the growth of our dear country.God bless nigeria
Re: Is Genevieve Not Being Overated? by lomolink(m): 12:26am On Oct 11, 2010
I saw Genevieve on twitter getting angry about all this lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Are MARLIANS ? / 'before And Now' Picture Of Wizkid And Friend / "Rema Will Never Blow" Wizkid Finally Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.