Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:46 PM

Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State (21380 Views)

21 Days In Okada, Edo State / Corper Turns Her Khaki Into A Long Skirt, Rocks It In NYSC Camp (Photos) / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Papvz: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
On the flip side, are you sure she's not trying to get money from home for lavish spending? I have seen corpers do such.
But if it is true then it's just outright extortion and should be fought against

2 Likes

Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by karma2000: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
This is what the COZA or adult toy shop noise makers needs to be screaming about not worry karma will force the repercussion of this extortion on FG if the refuse to do something about it
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Kreamie(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2019
Takes one cursed person to know another. smiley
Excaperx:
I don't want to insult you. You are already cursed
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Vello(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2019
Please petition ICPC on this immediately. It's part of her scope of operation.

Come to think of this, we all witness corruption around us everyday yet few truly identifies what it is or the dimensions of corruption and few whose mind is enlightened enough choose to look the other way while in the meantime shout Buhari not fighting corruption.
We are collectively sick as a nation. Sick in mind, sick in values and morals. So sick even sickness knows we're sick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
10000 for each Corp member shocked shocked Dem wan sponsor their village members to Italy ni shocked undecided
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by tfelicityk(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
Google the NYSC site and send this details to the DG email there on behalf of the person... That is the only way to correct things in the NYSC camps...
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by mhiztaNexy(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
budaatum:
They scam you if you do not speak up. Send a copy of this to the ogas at the top and I can bet you the next part of this story will be how change was made.

In fact, make it fun for us. Find out the contact details of the ogas at the top and we will all send them. We can call it the Nairaland Fight Back Against NYSC Edo State 2019 Corruption.

Seconded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Afamed: 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2019
Ishilove:
My relative was posted to Edo state for the 2019 Batch B orientation course, and since the day she reported on camp, it has been one tale of extortion to the other.

She reported to the camp on Wednesday, June 19 and after scaling through the processes, was forced to cough up 5,000 naira for a medical certificate. She had gotten an official medical certificate of fitness from Isolo General Hospital which was signed and stamped on the hospital's letter headed paper by the examining doctor, but when she presented this certificate to the screening officials at camp, they rejected it saying it was 'fake'. How can it be fake when the doctor's name and the hospital's contact details are indicated, she argued. To paraphrase her, she was told to either get a 'genuine' certificate from their 'approved' clinic in Okada or fvck off. Having no other choice, she and a legion of prospective corp members went to this so called 'approved' clinic to process the certificate at the cost of 5,000 naira. Incidentally, this clinic is a private hospital. Her government issued certificate was rejected in favour of one issued by a privately owned kangaroo mushroom 'hospital'.

Now, the incident which incensed the entire nuclear and extended family and inspired this post happened yesterday. During a camp programme, some call up numbers were called in the hall and hers were among them. Afterwards, the hapless corp members whose numbers were called were unceremoniously bounced out of the hall and told to assemble at the camp coordinator's office.

At the office, the camp coordinator, hereafter called CC proceeded to ask her, quote, 'meaningless questions' before accusing her of deliberately refusing to pay "empowerment programme fee.' There is a skill empowerment/acquisition programme which was organised for the corp members on camp, and from my own understanding of how this based on experiences from my own service year, this programme is either voluntary or free of charge. The CC said the programme is for her own good and if she didn't pay, she will not be deployed to her PPA. He made this threat to the other corp members too. The supposed fee is 10,050 naira, to be paid in cash.

Now, unless the system has changed and corp members now have to pay for the programmes on camp (I doubt this though but I stand to be corrected). The mind boggles that NYSC officials are going to this length to extort money from these young people and you can just imagine how much they are making.

2000 corp members (I am making a conservative guess).

10,050 per corp member. Let us not forget the insidious shenanigans with the medical fitness certificate.

Do the math and the answer will illustrate if Nigeria can ever be free from corruption.
Check Nysc website, there, you see the state by state Secretariat, besides it, you see the address and telephone of each state secretariat, you can report directly to them but please endeavor to verify your claims
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by deltateam: 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
SoftP:
Ur write up,
I can't comprehend...

Your stupidity, I can't understand. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Barryseal: 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:
Fight back. Don't keep quiet.

Get the number of the camp commandant and other officials. Call them and explain your case anonymously and politely. Be firm. Tell them you will go to social media, efcc, Sahara reporters and the brigade commander if changes and restitution are not made.

I assure you, you will get a response.

At the orientation camp, you're made to obey every order. It's a para military organization. You are to address everyone as sir! Aluta is not allowed in camp.
Although cases such as extortion, Corp members should register their complaint to the appropriate authorities so they can be guided.
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by shovaychoco: 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2019
Let this news trend on twitter and watch things happen
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by anonymous96: 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2019
The truth is that they noticed your relative can be extorted..Prolly a timid type or Ajebo..They can't try that shii with some pple..Or you really think 2000 Pple are going to pay 10500?
Lmao..
They hv profiled her nd notice say she no get mind or she go private sch..Mk dem try am with person wey go Federal Poly...or some federal sch sef..

Or she is just lying nd trying to extort money from you
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2019
As much I know.
This is a false message. I served in Edo state and had my camp in Okada. I did my POP last year October. I still have contact of my LGI and ZI both ( Esan west, Ekpoma).

Op, ur sister is only trying to make money she wana spend in the camp.

1 Like

Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Jaybaba00007: 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
What if your relative is actually the one trying to extort money from u people

1 Like

Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by STRENGTHesq(m): 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2019
cheesy
Your relative don open shop for una head tongue
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Nopanties: 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2019
But why Is Edo such a cursed state nah
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by OlujobaSamuel: 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2019
Op, I hope your relative isn't scamming you guys at home, if she is so sure of her stance, tell her to decline payment then call NYSC hotline given to them, the hotline always have that of state and federal, she should also confirm if the state coordinator is aware of the levy.
I had issues with my LI twice on extortion, one was during monthly clearance and the other final clearance, I declined giving him any fund, he delayed me till late hour for the first but I was cleared, on the 2nd case, I left him there to my house, a friend that felt I was too stubborn paid in my name, and I told her that she only do father Xmas for me.
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by opeey(m): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
Ishilove:
My relative was posted to Edo state for the 2019 Batch B orientation course, and since the day she reported on camp, it has been one tale of extortion to the other.

She reported to the camp on Wednesday, June 19 and after scaling through the processes, was forced to cough up 5,000 naira for a medical certificate. She had gotten an official medical certificate of fitness from Isolo General Hospital which was signed and stamped on the hospital's letter headed paper by the examining doctor, but when she presented this certificate to the screening officials at camp, they rejected it saying it was 'fake'. How can it be fake when the doctor's name and the hospital's contact details are indicated, she argued. To paraphrase her, she was told to either get a 'genuine' certificate from their 'approved' clinic in Okada or fvck off. Having no other choice, she and a legion of prospective corp members went to this so called 'approved' clinic to process the certificate at the cost of 5,000 naira. Incidentally, this clinic is a private hospital. Her government issued certificate was rejected in favour of one issued by a privately owned kangaroo mushroom 'hospital'.

Now, the incident which incensed the entire nuclear and extended family and inspired this post happened yesterday. During a camp programme, some call up numbers were called in the hall and hers were among them. Afterwards, the hapless corp members whose numbers were called were unceremoniously bounced out of the hall and told to assemble at the camp coordinator's office.

At the office, the camp coordinator, hereafter called CC proceeded to ask her, quote, 'meaningless questions' before accusing her of deliberately refusing to pay "empowerment programme fee.' There is a skill empowerment/acquisition programme which was organised for the corp members on camp, and from my own understanding of how this based on experiences from my own service year, this programme is either voluntary or free of charge. The CC said the programme is for her own good and if she didn't pay, she will not be deployed to her PPA. He made this threat to the other corp members too. The supposed fee is 10,050 naira, to be paid in cash.

Now, unless the system has changed and corp members now have to pay for the programmes on camp (I doubt this though but I stand to be corrected). The mind boggles that NYSC officials are going to this length to extort money from these young people and you can just imagine how much they are making.

10,050 per corp member. Let us not forget the insidious shenanigans with the medical fitness certificate.

Do the math and the answer will illustrate if Nigeria can ever be free from corruption.
the best place to report this issue is to tag DG nysc and nysc helpdesk on twitter and you will be given a swift response
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Artzdanielsz(m): 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
This story dey somehow, are you sure ur relative no want extort money from Una.

1 Like

Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by fruqy(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2019
Ishilove:

I don't believe this story of yours. Somebody is lying and if it's not you, it's your sister.

NYSC has always iterated that SAED (Skill Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development) is free in camp and has always made sure of that, no sane NYSC Staff will tell you to contribute money for anything unless maybe a trainer is asking for contribution, talk less of a whole Camp Director or State Coordinator. I don't believe unless you post evidence.

There is no such thing as a Camp Coordinator. Get your facts right. Someone is lying here.
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
I don't really like NYSC but this is false.

Am currently in the camp batch B.

Ishilove:

Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by naijajobx: 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
Oh
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Flashlaundry(m): 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hmm

we take care of your laundry needs. We offer Home Service and pick up and delivery in Lagos. >08081154939
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by YoungLionken(m): 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
OP, please ask your sibling very well... Some of your relatives just fabricate things to extort money from their parents...

Some of my people are serving there and nothing like that...
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by Lovelyn451(f): 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2019
Nigerians will never know their rights, even if some people refuse to pay, some other cowards will go behind and pay...mumu graduates
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by alphaNomega: 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2019
adebayo201:
If this narration is true, then I'd have advised that they shouldn't pay the money. If they don't, let's see what will be the outcome but I know some would have made the payment and even collected receipt.

We're the problem of ourselves. We see why we're always stagnant like pool? You put people under an abnormal conditions, you still extort them just because of small power.

Indeed, power corrupt. Absolute power corrupt absolutely.

REPORT this issue to the appropriate quota. Cc nysc handle both on twitter, Instagram and Facebook. That's the only way to expose the miscreants.

It is black man behaviour. Ever wondered why much of the continent is a shthole? This is it.
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by jbcul4ril(m): 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2019
My orientation Camp in 2008
Miss the atmosphere as the ladies volley ball coach.
How time flies smiley
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by akindamilare: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2019
I would like to know more about this. It is high time this fraudsters were brought to book. Kindly provide additional information on this. Looking forward to seeing your swift response.
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by bjjbam: 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2019
I can tell you this for sure that ur write up is a big lie. Your relative is most likely lying to get money from you guys back home. Think of this these bizarre things happened to her twice. You better call her to tell you the truth.
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by bjjbam: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
YoungLionken:
OP, please ask your sibling very well... Some of your relatives just fabricate things to extort from their parents... Some of my people are serving there and nothing like that...

Gullible ppl like the OP hear stories and run to social media to write nonsense without getting their facts right. These things happen to just her TWICE?
Re: Extortion In NYSC Orientaion Camp, Okada, Edo State by shawlar(m): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
wajaja:
Post this on Twitter and tag @segalink and @DrjoeAbah, it will escalate quickly.

Also tag the NYSC handle

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC 2016 Batch B Orientation Course Starts 24th November - 13th December, 2016 / New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers / NYSC Member Donates 10 Months Allowance As Scholarship To Student (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.