Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,420 members, 7,894,778 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 03:25 PM

Corruption In Nigerian Institutions - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Corruption In Nigerian Institutions (196 Views)

When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security / Mbaneto Sopuluchukwu Caught With Drugs In Philippines Was In Nigerian Army / London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corruption In Nigerian Institutions by GentleVoice: 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2019
Corruption has become a household menace in this Nation and has brought down the glory of this country to ruins. It is a menace which needs urgent attention inorder to curtail and the only way to tackle this menace which has eaten so deep into this Nation's system is by fighting it unit by unit and to this effect that I happen to throw light on the attrocities happening in high institutions of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
I have read numerous articles on suicide in Nigeria and I noticed that 90% of these suicide victims are students in the Nigerian institutions and out of this 90%, I discovered that 70% of them have no clear case to why they committed the act and it left me thinking, "WHAT IS WRONG?". This lead me to conduct an investigation in the Federal Polytechnic Nekede Imo State and what I discovered is quite alarming.
In the Mechanical Engineering department of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede Imo State, I discovered that the rate of corruption is so much and so open that even the Head of department (HOD) is involved in this notorious crime. From the students I had chats with, I discovered that lecturers mandate students to pay outrageous sums as high as #10,000 inorder to pass their course. Some are so notorious and confident that the proudly announce it in class. It weakens me that the Head of department (HOD) who could have curtailed this menace in the department charge as high as #7000 for a student to pass the course his lecturing.
Some of these notorious Lecturers include Engr Ugwuegbu Duke C. who charge #7,000 and it's mandatory that if you don't pay, you won't pass. Engr Ogunkunle Dele K. charge #10,000. Engrs Ibezim Joseph and Gaven Dinap who charges #7,000 each for their course. These set of people are notorious for enforcing students through threats amongst others to pay and if you don't, they make good their threat.
How would a student who don't have money to pay these set of people not commit suicide?
I appeal to the Federal and State Government to come to the rescue of these oppressed students and purge it's Institutions of this bad egg Corruption so as to reduce depression, frustration and finally suicide among Nigerian Students.

I stand with Justice
I stand with Change
Change begins with Me.

(1) (Reply)

Noted / Why Rob Workers Around Cbn, And Ignoring Cbn / Court Convicts Businessman, Company For N30m Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.