Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,364 members, 7,923,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 07:28 AM

Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure (539 Views)

Moment Pastor Tried To Heal Mad Man In Public (Video) / Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Pandemonium As Masquerades And Lord's Chosen Mopols Encounter In Public. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by tstx(m): 9:35am On Jul 06, 2019
Tunisian Prime Minister Youssef Chahed has banned the wearing of the niqab, the full face veil, in public institutions for security reasons, an official source said on Friday.

The decision follows a suicide bombing in Tunis by a wanted militant. Witnesses said the suicide bomber, who blew himself up on Tuesday, was disguised in a niqab. The Interior Ministry denied this.

It was the third such incident within a week and came as Tunisia prepares for autumn elections and at the peak of a tourist season in which the country hopes to draw record numbers of visitors. Islamic State has claimed all three attacks.

“Chahed signed a government decree that bars any person with an undisclosed face from access to public headquarters, administrations, institutions, for security reasons,” the official source told Reuters.

In 2011, women were allowed to wear the hijab and niqab in Tunisia after a decades-long ban under secular presidents Zine El Abidine Ben Ali and Habib Bourguiba, who rejected all forms of Islamic dress.

Tunisia has been battling militant groups operating in remote areas near its border with Algeria since an uprising overthrew Ben Ali in 2011.

Tunisia is one of the few countries in the region where Islamists share rule with secular parties.

https://listwand.com/tunisia-bans-full-face-veils-in-public-institutions-as-a-security-measure/

Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by princeade86(m): 9:58am On Jul 06, 2019
And here in Nigeria, they are crying foul.
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by tstx(m): 10:55am On Jul 06, 2019
princeade86:
And here in Nigeria, they are crying foul.

grin
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by tartar9(m): 10:59am On Jul 06, 2019
Stupid country,they will forever remain a jewish institution.
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by adoyi8: 11:08am On Jul 06, 2019
I fear that the Arabs will free themselves from the bondage of Islam before Northern Nigeria.

An article by BBC last week showed that up to 18% of people in some Arab countries have left Islam.

Saudi Arabia invited Niki Minaj to perform there on 18th of this month.

We have seen the Wonders performed by the Europeans after leaving Christianity, We have seen wonders performed by the Japanese, Chinese and Koreans by rejecting the Abrahamic religions.

Now Imagine what the Arabs will contribute to science and technology when they leave Islam. Oh! I cant wait.

But Africa, my Africa we will always be the last to wake up.

2 Likes

Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by OJODEL10(m): 11:37am On Jul 06, 2019
nigeria should follow ASAP. atleast to reduced blood shed in the country
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by 0temSapien: 11:51am On Jul 06, 2019
Islam has always been like this. Violence at its peak.
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 06, 2019
adoyi8:
I fear that the Arabs will free themselves from the bondage of Islam before Northern Nigeria.

An article by BBC last week showed that up to 18% of people in some Arab countries have left Islam.

We have seen the Wonders performed by the Europeans after leaving Christianity, We have seen wonders performed by the Japanese, Chinese and Koreans by rejecting the Abrahamic religions.

Now Imagine what the Arabs will contribute to science and technology when they leave Islam. Oh! I cant wait.

U are absolutely right.
When u watch Turkish soaps, u begin to wonder if they are actually an Islamic country.
No be the same Islam abi their own dey different.
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by tstx(m): 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2019
sassysure:

U are absolutely right.
When u watch Turkish soaps, u begin to wonder if they are actually an Islamic country.

Nigerians love religion so much
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by Anas09: 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
tartar9:
Stupid country,they will forever remain a jewish institution.
So say the drunk on Camel piss.

If anyone fights Terrorism is a Jewish puppet. Look at your life and your surroundings and look at the Jewish's
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by tstx(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2019
adoyi8:

Sad... But true. Africa will always be the last to wake up
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by tartar9(m): 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2019
Anas09:

So say the drunk on Camel piss.

If anyone fights Terrorism is a Jewish puppet. Look at your life and your surroundings and look at the Jewish's
Look at whose life,o you think im you grin
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
Many comments here seems the story has not been grasped.
Hijab has been banned in public places only.
The reason is because the terrorists are hiding under the veil to perpetrate their evil acts,as such the need to ban.
I did not read anything that suggest what u guys are saying.
West is rejecting other religions yet Islam is growing steady their.
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by Anas09: 7:53pm On Jul 06, 2019
tartar9:

Look at whose life,o you think im you grin
By your life, I mean everything Islam
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by tartar9(m): 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2019
Anas09:

By your life, I mean everything Islam
"your life" and "everything Islam",how are they the same statements.You dont have to admit you werent making sense,just be quiet.
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by Anas09: 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2019
tartar9:

"your life" and "everything Islam",how are they the same statements.You dont have to admit you werent making sense,just be quiet.
Muslims and Islam. Wherever there are muslims, there's Islam and what accompanies it destruction, bombing, killing and raping.

Go get a dose of Camel piss, maybe your sense go set.
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by tartar9(m): 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
Anas09:
[s]
Muslims and Islam. Wherever there are muslims, there's Islam and what accompanies it destruction, bombing, killing and raping.

Go get a dose of Camel piss, maybe your sense go set.[/s]
And whenever the murdered god worshipper Anas09 makes a comment,it never makes sense.I taught we were on your silly comment about your jewish masters now...he has changed topic.
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by Anas09: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2019
tartar9:

And whenever the murdered god worshipper Anas09 makes a comment,it never makes sense.I taught we were on your silly comment about your jewish masters now...he has changed topic.
You are slaves to the Jews and will remain so.
Re: Tunisia Bans Full Face Veils In Public Institutions As A Security Measure by sulasa07(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
sassysure:

U are absolutely right.
Turkey is no less diff than Nigeria in religion practice,do whatever you like,no one has your time..

(1) (Reply)

The Man Referred To As Jesus Is Actually Evangelist Michael Job / The Law Of Karmal How It Works / Cute Photos Of Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And His Family On Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.