Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,124 members, 7,880,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:49 PM

Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account (2186 Views)

Woman Caught After Spending $10.4m Mistakenly Paid To Her Acct (pics/video) / Professor Chikaodinaka Nwankpa Arrested For Spending $185,000 Grant On Strippers / Man Threatens To Rape A Lady For Wearing Black Bra, Twitter Suspends His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by arinze198(m): 11:47am On Jul 06, 2019
A man, Johnson Taiwo, has landed in trouble in Lagos after he allegedly spent the sum of N360, 000 mistakenly paid into his bank account.

The incident happened at Iyana Ipaja area of Lagos, where he resides and where he received the alert from the bank.

P.M.EXPRESS gathered that one Chukwunonso Egbuka wanted to make payment into another person’s bank account over an undisclosed business transaction but mistakenly paid the said money into Johnson Taiwo’s Access Bank account with number 0094684537 and the bank credited the money to him.

Full story: http://pmexpressng.com/man-arrested-spending-money-mistakenly-paid-account/

Re: Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Mummymahdi(f): 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2019
With this situation that nigerians are passing tru by day why won't he spend this chicken change!

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by thesicilian: 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2019
I prayed to God to bless me, and ten minutes later I received an alert in my account. Why will you now come and punish me for spending the money? Are you God?

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by dollytino4real(f): 9:13pm On Jul 06, 2019
i will do the same because Nigerians are not smiling at all

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Auxtin85(m): 5:39am On Jul 07, 2019
Show me a Nigerian that won’t spend such money at this time

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by adecz: 7:45am On Jul 07, 2019
A bank mistakenly credited some
money into my account, over a year ago,

I first recharged my phone to see whether
it was real.

As the recharge was successful, I just dash
go bank go withdraw am from ATM.

I gave myself a treat & nothing happened.

The bank itself had been consistently siphoning
my account with fake 'charges' over the
years, so, I felt justice has been served.

cool cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by ubcandid(m): 9:05am On Jul 07, 2019
Fake story. That's an abuse of fundamental human right. The best that would be done would be the bank working on repayment schedule with the account holder if the money is spent. He never stole nor requested for the money and the bank account is his, so the bank or payer takes the fall for that and all they can do is negotiate, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Realbelieveer(m): 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
Lol. Fake story abeg. This year I got 120k. I withdrew it and stopped using that bank.

Arrest ko
Re: Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by icebird25(m): 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
thesicilian:
I prayed to God to bless me, and ten minutes later I received an alert in my account. Why will you now come and punish me for spending the money? Are you God?

oga i tire for them. can't som1 eat miracle alert in peace again ni

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by losky83: 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2019
arinze198:
A man, Johnson Taiwo, has landed in trouble in Lagos after he allegedly spent the sum of N360, 000 mistakenly paid into his bank account.

The incident happened at Iyana Ipaja area of Lagos, where he resides and where he received the alert from the bank.

P.M.EXPRESS gathered that one Chukwunonso Egbuka wanted to make payment into another person’s bank account over an undisclosed business transaction but mistakenly paid the said money into Johnson Taiwo’s Access Bank account with number 0094684537 and the bank credited the money to him.

Full story: http://pmexpressng.com/man-arrested-spending-money-mistakenly-paid-account/
Bros,the guy if at all he knows his rights,should not be in any kind of trouble.(1)it shows the highest level of banking incompetency for a bank to post cash with name not matching the account number.(2)it could be a criminal to implicate an innocent person with illicit cash.(3).the bank has a reputation to save.(4)the account is private and could receive cash anytime from anywhere.the owner does not have to know sender b4 spending.(5).the account owner has every right to see the deposit as a charitable gift from an unknown person.(6)personally,I will file charges and take the case to court for unlawful arrest.
Re: Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by Blackfire(m): 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
See let us be a civil citizens..

But I will spend it an nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested For Spending Money Mistakenly Paid Into His Account by starbuck(f): 5:59am On Jul 08, 2019
Why don't I receive this kind of blessings shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande / Husband Catches Wife In A Hotel Room With Her Lover / Gang Of Igbo Men Running Lottery Scam In India: When Will They Stop This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.