Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,423 members, 7,881,550 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:35 PM

Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank (9678 Views)

Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? / Erastus Akingbola & The Redeem Church: A Paradoxical Connection? / Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2010
@post

I wouldn't judge 'aunty' Cecelia and the other ex bank hunchos because there is no guarantee that I wouldn't do something similar if I were in their positions, besides they never claimed to be holier than the Pope. BUT BUT BUT, I shall judge and condemn Erastus AkingbOLE because he deceitfully purported to be a man of God and a born again Christian. In all things I don't judge those of us that are unabashedly 'in the world' and do not pretend to be virtuous or godly. But these fools that call themselves pastors or born-again and use such deceit to hoodwink us and extract undeserved/special respect from the rest of us DESERVE TO BE STRIPPED UNCLOTHED IN PUBLIC AND BURNT TO DEATH. To me nothing is worse than hypocricy and deceiving in God's name, that is why I would vehemently canvass nothing less than the afore-mentioned treatment for that charlatan called Akingbola.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by bigbish: 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2010
LETS PRAY FOR DOKPESI TOO TO HAVE EASY GOING WITH SSS REGARDING THE INDEPENDANCE BOMBING
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by oludashmi(f): 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2010
Cmarketer:

1. This is a call for all Christians who have been touched by this man's ministry to start praying for him. 2. The truth is that he is a good Christian who spend most of his good fortune in God's assignment. 3. He is not as greedy as others who were selfish.4. Think of the inspirational TV, 5. daily guide, etc. 6. Lets be praying for God's mercy for him.

1. Which ministry?
2. Did God confess this to you? Or do you stay in the same house with him to define his christian life? He stole to give God? shocked shocked
3. From your statement, it means he is a small thief. No different btw small and big thief. Besides, his bank committed an offense in the site of God and man.
4. Use your head, this is a profit making business
5. You cant steal to give God, it is not acceptable
6. Go ahead and pray for a successful armless-robber. He gave multi-millions of loans without collateral.

He, Cecilia Ibru and others should die by firing squad.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by oludashmi(f): 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2010
Lets pray for Dokpesi to have a successful time with the SSS
Lets pray for IBB for a winning election
Lets pray for all the criminals in the country afterall they all go to churches/mosques and donate money
Lets pray for MEND to continue throwing fireworks and apologize after

The list is endless, My prayer is that Erastus Akingbola will have due judgement in the presence of God and man
I (and some people) have stopped reading TWFT devotional since I know it was produced out of tears and robbery.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by bawomolo(m): 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2010
seyenko:

Erratic Erastus i pray your life ends at the firing squad

ha ha, baba nla prayer
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by oluwabamis(m): 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2010
Akingbola should learnn from Mama Cecilia Ibru. feign sickness, get 6 month prison term which of course will be spent in his house/hospital. b4 the end of 2011 he should be a free man to continue enjoying the remainig of the loot, after CBN must have coollected the bulk of it. Every xtian praying for this man (who stole for God) are also guilty of his offence. Let justice be done. If the bible says judgement shall start from the house of God, is it wrong if it start from a "pastor".Its high time xtians sit up and know that YOU WILL REAP WHATEVER YOU SOW, AND GOD IS NOT MOVED BY YOUR GIVING TO HIM DONE WITH OPM (other peoples' monies)
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by udotim: 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2010
oludashmi:

Lets pray for Dokpesi to have a successful time with the SSS
Lets pray for IBB for a winning election
Lets pray for all the criminals in the country afterall they all go to churches/mosques and donate money
Lets pray for MEND to continue throwing fireworks and apologize after

The list is endless, My prayer is that Erastus Akingbola will have due judgement in the presence of God and man
I (and some people) have stopped reading TWFT devotional since I know it was produced out of tears and robbery.

you are one funny person, The fact remains that he committed a punishable offence against the law of the land,probably made innocent investors and account holders to suffer.He must confess openly in court.Leave forgiveness to God.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by proudly9ja(m): 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2010
oludashmi:

I (and some people) have stopped reading TWFT devotional since I know it was produced out of tears and robbery.[/color]

Has the Word for Today blessed you? If it has, why stop? Don't you think the reason is a bit shallow?

As regards Erastus, why have we suddenly become judges? Why don't we wait till the courts say he is guilty before we say things we shouldn't be saying? And how come we Nigerians get easily carried away by politics? Saraki wrecked SGBN but he is governor today and presidential aspirant.

I pray Erastus and all the others all get a fair hearing and God's Will be done.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Youngichou(m): 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2010
oludashmi:

1. Which ministry?
2. Did God confess this to you? Or do you stay in the same house with him to define his christian life? He stole to give God? shocked shocked
3.Use your head, this is a profit making business
5. You cant steal to give God, it is not acceptable
6. Go ahead and pray for a successful armless-robber. He gave multi-millions of loans without collateral.
=== He, Cecilia Ibru and others should die by firing squad.[b]

not Just a firing squad i think they should be made to stand naked on NATIONAL TV STATIONS ROUND THE WORLD AND NIGERIA as a whole. Especially the so-called buisness center Pastor who uses the bible to wrongly preach about TITHING. since its is believe that tithin saves why shouldn't he be saved now.
THE BLIND LEADING THE BLINDS, The claim to be holy but they worster than the LUCIFER the DEVIL.
Pls i will be very gratefull if the so-called E. A adeboye account can be scrutinize to check any money connection laundery with this Erastus. And if E. A is involved he should be made to stand naked in front of CNN. Him and his wife and children. Look at them.
@poster this is for you, next time if you want people to pray for your pastor that steals tell him to [b]PACK.
note i didnt use the word BRING. Because i mean he should pack the offering and tithes to [B]WE ON NAIRALAND SO THAT WE would not only pray for him but cast and bind the demon that made him stole such amount of money[/b]
Hisses :/
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2010
He can't escape, he must face the consequences of an offense he as committed.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by domin8(f): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2010
Why Because you are not among those sacked from Intercontinental Bank abi?Nonsense!
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by MRD1(m): 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2010
The poster has shared the thought pattern of many pple in this country today,God this,Jesus that,Allah said, amidst all the stealing,corruption and all sorts of evil in our society, this is the best the poster can come up with. 'Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank' of all the people who need 'prayers' in Nigeria,he is top on ur list  sad
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by GNBohr: 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2010
MANY PEOPLE ARE REALLY SICK IN THIS COUNTRY. IMAGINE ANYONE EVER ASKING FOR PRAYER ON CRIMINALS WHO DEFIED THE IMMUTABLE LAWS OF GOD TO ENRICH HIMSELF. WHAT ABOUT ALL THE TEACHINGS OF THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.

THOU SHALL NOT STEAL

THOU SHALL NOT KILL

THOU SHALL NOT COVET THE PROPERTIES OF OTHERS

THOU SHALL NOT HAVE ANOTHER GOD BESIDE ME.

WHEN ERASTUS WAS CHOOSING MONEY ABOVE GOD, HE FORGOT HIS CHRISTIAN-NESS AND SO DO NOT DESERVE ANY PRAYER.

PEOPLE LIKE POSTERS ARE SICK MENTALLY, ECONOMICALLY, SOCIALLY, RELIGIOUSLY AND PATHOLOGICALLY, IT IS PEOPLE LIKE THE POSTERS THAT NEED PRAYER, REDEMPTION AND HEALING.

I PRAY FOR THE POSTERS TO GET WELL.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by jude33084(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2010
If a pastor or imam should commit an offence, say a criminal one. They should be given double punishment, this is because alot of pple are watching all over the world.
For God sake this guys r suppose to be Godly! angry
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by KunleOshob(m): 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2010
GNBohr:

IT IS PEOPLE LIKE THE POSTERS THAT NEED PRAYER, REDEMPTION AND HEALING.

I PRAY FOR THE POSTERS TO GET WELL.

I would certainly remember the poster in my prayers grin
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by opribo(m): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2010
We cant fight for God, he is capable of fighting HIS battles. If Akingbola is innocent he will surely be vindicated afterall there is nothing God cannot do. Let the law take its course jo
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by GBT(m): 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2010
But really where or how you wan make we start the prayer?

Dont forget the nigerian with the best Hospital in the city where he lives in the US ( this the man achieved this without any form of fraud or known fraud), now if you ask me to pray for such a man inspite of the fact that i dont know him but he has given so much to the society i will gladly do so or to the Nigerian who just got a battery heart, yea very well but to ERATIC dude that gave notting but inspirational TV, daily guide, etc compare to the billios he cheated honest average and poor fellow human being off?

Am sorry but are u o.k? [img]http://[/img] embarassed

Can u tell me what else this billion naira man has good aside inspirational TV, daily guide? DUde/woman listen to yourself[img][/img] angry
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by PastorAIO: 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2010
G.B.T:

But really where or how you wan make we start the prayer?

Dont forget the nigerian with the best Hospital in the city where he lives in the US ( this the man achieved this without any form of fraud or known fraud), now if you ask me to pray for such a man inspite of the fact that i dont know him but he has given so much to the society i will gladly do so or to the Nigerian who just got a battery heart, yea very well but to ERATIC dude that gave notting but inspirational TV, daily guide, etc compare to the billios he cheated honest average and poor fellow human being off?

Am sorry but are u o.k? [img]http://[/img] embarassed

Can u tell me what else this billion naira man has good aside inspirational TV, daily guide? DUde/woman listen to yourself[img][/img] angry

This guy, do you want to compare the spiritual wealth inside the inspirational guides and Tv to the billions he stole? Don't you know that what he gave them is worth more than gold? Akingbloa even sold himself short by giving those things and stealing mere money in return.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by PastorOla1: 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2010
God Have Mercy on Erastus Akingbola, IJN, Amen
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by ud4u: 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2010
He has to repent first before the prayer of the saints can avail
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by manmustwac(m): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2010
@Cmarketer
How much your being paid for this campaign or are you just a church slave?
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by Blazing99: 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2010
My prayer is that if he is innocent, he should be vindicated but if he's guilty, his sentence and forfeiture should be more than that of Cecilia Ibru.
@ Poster, U talk as if you know this man inside out. because he does alot of christain stuff doesnt mean he has no tendency to commit a fraud so easy by the signature of a pen. God as we all know is certanily not ready to change His standards cos of anybody most especially workers in his vineyard.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by JimmyBoy1: 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2010
Yes, Forgiveness is available for anyone who has genuinely repented. Forgiveness in the sense that, he will still be qualified  to enter God's kingdom by washing of the blood of the lamb.

Hey, but that does not exonerate him whatever may be the earthly consequence of his action or inactions   during his tenure as Vice Chairman of Intercontinental bank. Bible demands that we restitute, therefore he will have to return several properties to the bank, if indeed he has used his position to enrich himself.

Holy Spirit must have been warning when all things we have heard about were going on, but whenever we ignore the spirit there is always a price to pay.
Hopefully, he will get a lenient sentence, after plea bargaining.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by modupea: 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2010
Let us pray,

In Jesus Name,

May Erastus get fear hearings, may he face the full wrath of the law if found guilty. May he forfeit all he got illegally. May the soul of those that suffers from his illegality be saved and may they find joy again. He will not fall sick till his case is heard and determine. May our prayer be answered on him and his likes. May those things recovered from aunty C. Ibru be used to make this country better and not to some other thieves pocket. May Nigeria be a great Nation. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by JUO(m): 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2010
God knows his own
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by kulutempa: 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2010
Suffering and Smiling.  Fela was right about Nigerians:  Imam dey for Mecca, Pope dey for Rome, Archbishop dey for London,  Pastor Akingbola dey for Ikoyi dey enjoy his loot.  Everybody say yeah, yeah!
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by kafanchan: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2010
Oh lord, I pray for Erastus Akingbola, that he will get a fair hearing, he shall not get a judge like Sanusi .(that is 100% sure he will go to jail even before hearing starts), according to your promise in your word, you said you would make the path straight before us. Prepare a smooth way before him as he faces trial in Jesus name
If he is guilty(which is more likely O Lord), u will give him the heart to repent. As for the punishment if he is guilty, it is left for you O God to decide. O lord, many young christians are looking up to this man as a role model, if he is disgraced, it will definately affect your work in the heart of young christians. You said in your word that "if my people that are called by my name should humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven, and I will heal their land". David did worse than this, u punished him o Lord, and midway through his punishment, u decided to forgive him. You own the world, you can do and undo. Israelites defiled you, but you still love them till date. Your word says "all have sinned and come short the glory God" O lord, in your anger remeber mercy. You said you would have mercy on whom you would have mercy on, O lord have mercy on him. On his behalf O lord, I come bodly to your throne of grace and I obtain mercy for him in this time of trouble. O lord, pray for him as you did for Abraham .This I ask through Jesus christ our lord. O l
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by sheriffman(m): 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2010
It is people like Erastus that have made people in this country to always live in poverty the only prayer he will get from my mouth is that let there be fairness and justice in his case
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by k9ine(m): 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2010
@ cmarketer

mercy 4 wat do we pray 4?

dat he shld not be prosecuted?
dat he shld not be found guilty?
if found guilty, shld be given a light sentence?

I would rather pray for you (cmarketer), dat God should giv u an understanding of His word, laws and will. AMEN!!!
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by kafanchan: 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2010
I f God is marking sins, who shall stand? It is not God's laws and judgement that is keeping all of us alive till now, it is his kindness and mercies. We should not ask God for judgement, unless we want all of us to die before this month end.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by kafanchan: 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2010
I mean we should not ask for God's law and Judgement to always prevail in our lives.
Re: Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank by denzel2009: 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2010
I'm suggesting we pray for the original poster.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jesus V Muhammed - Muslim Response - Talk Islam / 'jesus' Was As Black As Wesley Snipes, So Were The Jews / Pope Francis Speaks On ‘Frequent Kidnappings’ In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.