Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,830 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:36 AM

The Mystery Of Vanity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mystery Of Vanity (614 Views)

'Vanity Upon Vanity' - Pastor Tobi Shows Off Fleet Of Cars On His Birthday / The Mystery Behind Sexual Temptations / The Mystery Surrounding Creation And Life After Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Of Vanity by pressplay411(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
The quest for fame and fortune (worldliness) drives us to ungodliness.
It's unfortunate that no matter how much people hear and read this, they will still keep chasing fame and fortune. It's a paradoxical conundrum motivated by man's insatiability and egocentricity. What the scriptures aptly describes as Lust of the eyes, Lust of the flesh and Pride of Life.

The force/spirit of Lust is the greatest force/spirit contending against the Spirit of God.

Once one overcomes lust by submitting to Christ, you experience a Peace of Mind incomprehensible, that derives from being driven by the Spirit of Love (Agape) and Meekness. You experience Contentment.
This is what gives Rest to the Soul.
Until the human soul is at rest, the person may physically have it all but experience intermitent bouts of sadness and depression inexplicable, overtaken by heaviness of living. For it is only Christ who gives that Rest.

Matthew 11:28-29
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

"I took a pill in Ibiza" by Mike Posner is one of my favorites songs. I loved it as an unbeliever and still find it interesting listening to it because it captures the fast life and its vanity. I used to chase that.
It's not only entertainment industry but life generally.

"I will always love you" simply captures the rollercoaster of love outside Love (God is Love.)
Until one loves God wholeheartedly, you can't know how to love yourself and others. Unbelievably true.
Which is why the golden and ultimate rule of the bible is Love.

So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’
Luke 10:27

I pray for Unveiling and Grace to us all.
Re: The Mystery Of Vanity by ABCthings: 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Man Burns Holy Bible; Claims, It’s A ‘powerless [ Watch Video ] / How To Receive The Holy Gost? As A Beliver / Dr. Bolaji Akinyemi Hosts PFN President At The Spirit Of Lagos Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.