Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,352 members, 7,881,299 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:13 PM

Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? (32461 Views)

Best University In Nigeria To Study Mechanical Engineering / The Best University In Nigeria / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2010
@Omo_Tier1, you never told me your're a statistician that you know dat 45% of Nigerians r difficult bunch to deal with. Anyway, I'm glad YOU'RE AMONG THE 45%. Pls answer the poster question and stop blowing grammar!
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Kaybee14(m): 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2010
The one u're thinking of is the best University, Don't  u?
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2010
@IBEXY or whatever you call your sorry self, you'd better watch your tongue and finger. For your information, i'm not Jealous or Ignorant! It is you and your family that will never do good not any1 else and tell me, in what why have you answed the poster's question, Mr. Judge? You're simply foolish and stupid, i say that with no regret or apology, naughty egghead. I have my reasons for answering the poster's question like that. Case closed!
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2010
@princek12 and @buzman, good response. @dayokanu, abeg no try am oh. @Dr Know, u better dont kill yourself, you've been told d truth! @poster . . . . . . . .
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by ccollins(m): 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2010
Johnpaul88 is exasperated with unn cos he applied at unn in d past but his intellect wasn't upto their level.So he applied for OAU which he got due to their not strictly academic and like social distraction.So after he got OAU with d fetish belief dat they are d best forgeting dat OAU academic standard is lower than dat of d GREAT UNN
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by tkb417(m): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2010
Great Ife!
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2010
Any school in Ekiti State. Our test scores never fails to show it! cool
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Feraz(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2010
Steve, calm down abeg!!
Poster, every university has its area of specialization (though it's not supposed to be). Each university is unique in its own way. Everyone will defend his own university cos they belong to one. For pharmacy, economics, engineering, medicine and some others, i could say UNIBEN though there might be other institutions that may be better than UNIBEN in the above courses but be sure they'll impart something +ve that will make you stand out among the crowd plus your determination. My 2 cents
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Feraz(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
Steve, calm down abeg!!
Poster, every university has its area of which it is known. Each university is unique in its own way. Everyone will defend his own university cos they belong to or has graduated from one. For pharmacy, economics, engineering, medicine and some others, i could say UNIBEN though there might be other institutions that may be better than UNIBEN in the above courses but be sure they'll impart something +ve that will make you stand out among the crowd plus your determination. My 2 cents
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2010
Great UNIBEN
Great !
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Onuohasworld(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2010
There's a party goin ön,all dem girls re welcome 2 d yatch club, magazene let dem in, b4 u join d yatch club,u need 2 get ur stacks up.,
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2010
Feraz:

Steve, calm down abeg!!
Poster, every university has its area of which it is known. Each university is unique in its own way. Everyone will defend his own university cos they belong to or has graduated from one. For pharmacy, economics, engineering, medicine and some others, i could say UNIBEN though[b] there might be other institutions that may be better than UNIBEN in the above courses[/b] but be sure they'll impart something +ve that will make you stand out among the crowd plus your determination. My 2 cents
Apart from UI and OAU that I used to respect,I can say UNIBEN rate high among the among the first 5 best universities in Nigeria.
OAU
UI
UNIBEN
UNILORIN
UNILAG
No bias in my analysis even though I'm a product of UNIBEN.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by denony(m): 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2010
LASU:- U ARE ALLOWED TO CHECK MAGA REPLY WITH UR LAPTOP IN THE LECTURE ROOM
UNILAG: AFTER LECTURE, THE LECTURE ROOMS ARE ENTITLED TO BE USED FOR SEX HUCKERS.
UNIPORT: U ARE ALLOWED THE FREEDOM TO CHOSE YE THE PATH TO FOLLOW
IFE: WHERE U ACQUIRED THE EDUCATIONAL WISDOM
IMSU: EVEN ON UR FIRST SIGHT SEEING, CHECK WHAT IS WRITEN ON TOP OF THE GATE :THIS PLACE IS NOT FOR YOU"

WILL BE RIGHT BACK
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2010
You guys can only say for the schools u've seen. What about the rest esp northern schools?
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by lekanbar(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2010
Best school or worst, the bottom line is the kind of people they are able to produce.

http:///qvG1
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by assideeq1(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2010
quiet all right ,
i know that everybody knows that we have not less 84 universities in Nigeria both private and public universities.
among all this university the best university which everybody knows as the best are, UNIVERSITY OF HOME KNOWN AS UNIHOME, HOME STATE UNIVERSITY KNOWN AS HOMSU
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by megadeath: 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2010
NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY!!!!!, my alma mater
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2010
stevetboy9:

You guys can only say for the schools u've seen. What about the rest esp northern schools?
Give it to ABU and UNIABUJA !
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Meldrick(m): 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2010
I agree with Africa's Authentic University, AMBROSE ALLI, A.A.U Ekpoma. We can also say CU Covenant University, Otta.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2010
ccollins:

Johnpaul88 is exasperated with unn cos he applied at unn in d past but his intellect wasn't upto their level.So he applied for OAU which he got due to their not strictly academic and like  social distraction.So after he got OAU with d fetish belief dat they are d best forgeting dat OAU academic standard is lower than dat of d GREAT UNN
Collins, all these are true in ur widest dream. I will rather stay at home than vie for studentship in ur UNN.If not for ur new library, then i am afraid.

Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2010
Meldrick:

I agree with Africa's Authentic University, AMBROSE ALLI, A.A.U Ekpoma. We can also say CU Covenant University, Otta.

I love covenant, but grade inflation is something you have to contend with in private unis. Students who go to those schools are not just cut from the same cloth as the unilag or oau grads for example.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by kehnie: 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2010
you guys dont know good school,come to OOU, OSU for show,u will learn book by force and also learn how to groove!!!!!!!!! grin
Greatest osuites!
Greatest osuities!!! cool tongue cheesy
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by cold(m): 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2010
You can all stop debating now.This is the 2010 ranking of top Universities & colleges in Nigeria
http://www.4icu.org/ng/
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by zionic(m): 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2010
uniMEND, nigerdelta, dats wot i call school of hard knocks!
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by babaowo: 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2010
well there is no room for arguement here,everybody knows the best university in nigeria,is lagos streets why argue,, no matter where your university is, if you never reach lagos streets na story, eni toba de eko tio ba gbon what's d answer??
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by usbcable(m): 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2010
School of hardknocks
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by GboyegaD(m): 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2010
As for me, OAU is the best university in Nigeria and I have no regrets graduating from the school. UI, UNIBEN, UNILAG, UNN are good schools as well.

Johnpaul88:

Excellent! Definitely not the UNN i av visited. Just pay a little visit to the Obafemi Awolowo University, u will rue the day u got admitted to your UNN. My heart bleed for UNN for she has lost what is left of her glory.
John Paul, thanks so much for the pix.
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by cold(m): 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2010
Top 10 Universities by UWB (University Web Ranking)
1.University of Lagos
2.Obafemi Awolowo University
3.University of Ilorin
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by cold(m): 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2010
This spambot is sick

Top 10 Universities (2010)by UWB (University Web Ranking)
1.University of Lagos
2.Obafemi Awolowo University
3.University of Ilorin
4.University of Ibadan
5.University of Benin
6.Lagos State University
7.University of Port Harcourt
8.Covenant University
9.Federal University of Technology,Akure
10.University of Nigeria,Nsukka

You can access more here http://www.4icu.org/ng/
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by arsenal1(m): 7:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
federal university of technology owerri (futo)
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by Tunsbobo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ccollins, u are talking like an ignorant fellow; u don't know what u're saying. Oau admits most of its students by merit. Oau admits the best of minds from all over the country and beyond to groom and train them into refined talents that would contribute to the development of our country and beyond. If u are not brilliant or sound academically, don't attempt Oau b'cos ur chances of not being admitted are very high, instead, Go to a school like Unn, b'cos they do a lot of partiality in terms of admitting students, a lot of people who deserve to be there are dropped every year!
Re: Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? by 1forall: 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2010
I'd say none of the Nigerian schools is worthy of the the word best, lets face it, the general standard is crap.
What indices do you rate a University with? Things like:
[list]
[li]Student satisfaction[/li]
[li]Lecturer/student assessment[/li]
[li]Quality of research[/li]
[li]Quality of entry qualifications (WAEC/NECO/JAMB/Post-JAMB!)[/li]
[li]Employment on graduation[/li]
[li]No. of 1st class/2:1's[/li]
[li]Staff/student ratio[/li]
[li]Dropout rate[/li]
[/list]
(http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/stug/universityguide.php)

So how can you rate any Nigerian university when they can boast of just 50% on any of these points, and with high dropout rates?

Poster if you created this topic to know which one to go I'd say choose the one you like the most (or one that'll give you the least hassle) else I'm curious as to why you're curious? They're a far cry from what standard is.

BTW I went to OAU and as proud as I am of that, I also know that education accompanied with stress (OAU people know what 'stress' means) loses a lot of its value in the process. And what were they teaching anyway? Recycling class notes from decades past? Dictating notes which if you crammed, gave back word for word as much as possible, were guaranteed to pass? Lecturers speaking to the blackboard? Lecturers happy to fail students? Stale syllabuses that have no application to the present day?

People, education + stress is not equal to good education o! And I'm quite sure this applies to many of our Universities.

May God help our Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University. / Omotayo Dada Reacts To Emmanuel Adooh's Covenant University Sex & Expel Scandal / Ban Of Naira Atm Usage Abroad – A Perfect Way Forward.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.