Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:55 PM

The Man Called Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Man Called Ibb (670 Views)

Meet the Man Called Tompolo: How He Rose To Fame / The Man Called Obiano / The Great Man Called Major General Tunde Idiagbon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Man Called Ibb by supereagle(m): 12:56am On Oct 11, 2010
THE MAN CALLED IBB

It is really unfortunate that in a country of a population of about 100 million people, only one man is making the news in the race to Aso rock. Every now and then, in the papers what we hear about is IBB this, IBB that. What is the meaning of IBB? International Bad Boy?, International Bad Belly?, or Ibrahim Badmos Babaginda?

If only everything was in place in Nigeria, if only we had a fairly good system, If only there was accountability, if only there was justice, if only our votes really counts, trust me all this fuss about IBB will not be heard. Nigeria is a country where the impossible happens, no accountability, no justice and no real quality leadership. If Nigeria was the country I dream of, IBB would have accounted for the so call oil wind fall of 1991. If Nigeria is the country I wish for, IBB would tell Nigerians why the June 12 election was annulled. If Nigeria was the country I desire, IBB would have been taken to court for the murder of Dele Giwa. If Nigeria is a true democracy, IBB would tell us why he didn’t appear at the Oputa panel. If Nigeria was a place of dignity IBB will be quiet.

A man ruled for eight years, eight solid years as a military dictator. He had the ultimate power to do and undo, for eight years what was his achievement? What happened to security of the ordinary Nigerian during those periods, What happened to education during those period, what happened to accountability of public office holder, what revolution did we see? The only thing I remember is that IBB gave us hope, the hope that we will all see a transformation from military rule to a civilian rule. Hope is all we got, but unfortunately that hope was wiped out.

I was at a place where people were measuring the achievement of past governments in Nigeria, I asked, what was Babaginda’s achievement and I was told that during his time people made money. I was told that IBB believe in chop I chop, meaning that money flowed for everybody. I also asked about his leadership ability, I was told he had charisma, he knows how to carry everybody along. I said, it was alleged that he stole oil money and I was informed that all our leaders stole money so he is not different, a good point I must say.

Babaginda at this moment has the right to contest an election, since he has not been convicted for that we all accuse him of. If Nigeria was a correct country as some ordinary folks would say, he would have been tried and either found guilty or not guilty. Whose fault is it that he has not been tried, or taken to court?

Am sorry to say, but, I don’t think our votes really count in Nigeria. The right structures are not in place, the last two election held in Nigeria was no secret that it was massively rigged. The only credible election which was held in June 12, 2003 was annulled by a man who is planning to run for an election. I wonder what will happen, if IBB goes ahead and contest the next election and wins and the election is annulled. What will he say? What would happen? Will he demand his mandate?

Nigeria is a country of great minds, there should not be fuss about one man in a country of millions. We are in the habit of recycling people; it is a shame that some governors and senators who should be potential president are in the back seat calling for a man that has ruled before to come back again. Is quite obvious, that some of our so called governors and senators lack vision, and they have no plan for a better Nigeria. All our past leaders should be playing advisory role, Nigeria is not a toy that people should play with. If past leader have questionable records, there should be a system in place for them to account for their time in office.

Right now, is about IBB, who shall we call next? We could call Abdulsalam next, we can also call Shagari again, and we can call Gowon afterward and if possible call Obasanjo for the third time. Is unfortunate Abacha died, am sure we would have called him back. Am sick and tired of people saying, “they now know their mistake, they want to correct their mistake, they all did it before, and they can do it again”.

Is just unfortunate if bros Sege had done the right thing from the start there will be no noise about IBB. When I said the “right thing” I didn’t mean Uncle Sege should continue in office. The Obasanjo government, should have ensured that only those with quality past record should run for President. Those who want to be President of Nigeria should be properly screened by INEC.

However, like I said earlier IBB like any living Nigerian can contest election. Left for me I would advise him not to run, if he really wants to make a change in Nigeria he can start by setting up scholarship fund to help students in needs. A man with great influence like IBB, can start by influencing people power to make the right policy to better the life of Nigerians. His experience can be used to help people in government so that they don’t make the mistake his supporters said he made. By the way what meaningful comments did he make since he left office concerning Nigeria? All those years we were held hostage by the Abacha regime what were IBB comments? If any, I would like to know. If he was really interested in Nigerians he should have said something. Was he afraid that Abacha might throw him in jail? If only he stood up for injustice, but he choose to remain quite. He should remain quiet, if I have my way. Great leaders are not only recognized when they are in the seat of power, even when they are not close to the seat of power they speak out in the face of tyranny. Babaginda was a tyrant himself, so why should he speak in the face of it. Babaginda is not the man we are looking for, that is my personal opinion. I have to say that before his supporters remind me of that.

Obasanjo, owes it to Nigerians to ensure that we get a man with a good track record to become our President through a free and fair election. IBB should do something positive to the Nigerian people like MKO Abiola did before he died. Abiola was not in Aso rock when he gave money to all Nigerian universities in 1991. Abiola was not in government when he supported sports in Nigeria. Abiola was a philanthropist, he was never in Aso rock even though I wished he had. Babaginda should follow his footstep; he does not have to be the President.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/guest-articles/the-man-called-ibb-11.html

The meaning of IBB

International Batty Boy.

International Bad Boy

International Bad Belly

I Believe (in) Bloodshed

Inherent Bad Behaviour

I'll Be Back (To Aso Rock)

IDIOT BY BIRTH

Independence Bomb Blast
Re: The Man Called Ibb by icare1: 12:29pm On Oct 11, 2010
and what is the meaning of your own name in the negative order of interpretation.

sure everyones name can be reversed ,so long as it begins with an alphabeth.

but what matters, is what is in the birth certificate and what a man choose to answer.
Re: The Man Called Ibb by jason12345: 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2010
supereagle:

THE MAN CALLED IBB

It is really unfortunate that in a country of a population of about 100 million people, only one man is making the news in the race to Aso rock. Every now and then, in the papers what we hear about is IBB this, IBB that. What is the meaning of IBB? International Bad Boy?, International Bad Belly?, or Ibrahim Badmos Babaginda?

If only everything was in place in Nigeria, if only we had a fairly good system, If only there was accountability, if only there was justice, if only our votes really counts, trust me all this fuss about IBB will not be heard. Nigeria is a country where the impossible happens, no accountability, no justice and no real quality leadership. If Nigeria was the country I dream of, IBB would have accounted for the so call oil wind fall of 1991. If Nigeria is the country I wish for, IBB would tell Nigerians why the June 12 election was annulled. If Nigeria was the country I desire, IBB would have been taken to court for the murder of Dele Giwa. If Nigeria is a true democracy, IBB would tell us why he didn’t appear at the Oputa panel. If Nigeria was a place of dignity IBB will be quiet.

A man ruled for eight years, eight solid years as a military dictator. He had the ultimate power to do and undo, for eight years what was his achievement? What happened to security of the ordinary Nigerian during those periods, What happened to education during those period, what happened to accountability of public office holder, what revolution did we see? The only thing I remember is that IBB gave us hope, the hope that we will all see a transformation from military rule to a civilian rule. Hope is all we got, but unfortunately that hope was wiped out.

I was at a place where people were measuring the achievement of past governments in Nigeria, I asked, what was Babaginda’s achievement and I was told that during his time people made money. I was told that IBB believe in chop I chop, meaning that money flowed for everybody. I also asked about his leadership ability, I was told he had charisma, he knows how to carry everybody along. I said, it was alleged that he stole oil money and I was informed that all our leaders stole money so he is not different, a good point I must say.

Babaginda at this moment has the right to contest an election, since he has not been convicted for that we all accuse him of. If Nigeria was a correct country as some ordinary folks would say, he would have been tried and either found guilty or not guilty. Whose fault is it that he has not been tried, or taken to court?

Am sorry to say, but, I don’t think our votes really count in Nigeria. The right structures are not in place, the last two election held in Nigeria was no secret that it was massively rigged. The only credible election which was held in June 12, 2003 was annulled by a man who is planning to run for an election. I wonder what will happen, if IBB goes ahead and contest the next election and wins and the election is annulled. What will he say? What would happen? Will he demand his mandate?

Nigeria is a country of great minds, there should not be fuss about one man in a country of millions. We are in the habit of recycling people; it is a shame that some governors and senators who should be potential president are in the back seat calling for a man that has ruled before to come back again. Is quite obvious, that some of our so called governors and senators lack vision, and they have no plan for a better Nigeria. All our past leaders should be playing advisory role, Nigeria is not a toy that people should play with. If past leader have questionable records, there should be a system in place for them to account for their time in office.

Right now, is about IBB, who shall we call next? We could call Abdulsalam next, we can also call Shagari again, and we can call Gowon afterward and if possible call Obasanjo for the third time. Is unfortunate Abacha died, am sure we would have called him back. Am sick and tired of people saying, “they now know their mistake, they want to correct their mistake, they all did it before, and they can do it again”.

Is just unfortunate if bros Sege had done the right thing from the start there will be no noise about IBB. When I said the “right thing” I didn’t mean Uncle Sege should continue in office. The Obasanjo government, should have ensured that only those with quality past record should run for President. Those who want to be President of Nigeria should be properly screened by INEC.

However, like I said earlier IBB like any living Nigerian can contest election. Left for me I would advise him not to run, if he really wants to make a change in Nigeria he can start by setting up scholarship fund to help students in needs. A man with great influence like IBB, can start by influencing people power to make the right policy to better the life of Nigerians. His experience can be used to help people in government so that they don’t make the mistake his supporters said he made. By the way what meaningful comments did he make since he left office concerning Nigeria? All those years we were held hostage by the Abacha regime what were IBB comments? If any, I would like to know. If he was really interested in Nigerians he should have said something. Was he afraid that Abacha might throw him in jail? If only he stood up for injustice, but he choose to remain quite. He should remain quiet, if I have my way. Great leaders are not only recognized when they are in the seat of power, even when they are not close to the seat of power they speak out in the face of tyranny. Babaginda was a tyrant himself, so why should he speak in the face of it. Babaginda is not the man we are looking for, that is my personal opinion. I have to say that before his supporters remind me of that.

Obasanjo, owes it to Nigerians to ensure that we get a man with a good track record to become our President through a free and fair election. IBB should do something positive to the Nigerian people like MKO Abiola did before he died. Abiola was not in Aso rock when he gave money to all Nigerian universities in 1991. Abiola was not in government when he supported sports in Nigeria. Abiola was a philanthropist, he was never in Aso rock even though I wished he had. Babaginda should follow his footstep; he does not have to be the President.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/guest-articles/the-man-called-ibb-11.html

The meaning of IBB

International Batty Boy.

International Bad Boy

International Bad Belly

I Believe (in) Bloodshed

Inherent Bad Behaviour

I'll Be Back (To Aso Rock)

BY BIRTH

Independence Bomb Blast

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Rebuilding Nigeria All Over By Nuhu Ribadu / Who Is A Youth In Nigeria? / War Against Atiku •jonathan’s Camp Set For Battle •tension In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.