Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:47 AM

Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG (501 Views)

#ElZakzaky: Shittes Join June 12 Protest In Abuja / Elzakzaky Threatens To Return To Nigeria, Says "They Want To Kill Us Here" / Elzakzaky Protesters Attack National Assembly, Injure Police Officer [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG by nairavsdollars(f): 6:43am On Jul 12, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) has frowned at the continued detention of the leader of Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN), Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, by the Department of State Security (DSS).

Zakzaky is being held by the DSS while facing charges for culpable homicide, unlawful assembly, and disruption of public peace.

On Tuesday, members of the movement invaded the National Assembly to demand the lawmakers’ intervention in the release of their leader. During the confrontation with security agents, several vehicles were damaged while five policemen were injured.

Forty suspects were arrested in connection with the incident.

Speaking with Daily Independent on Thursday, Sagay advised the Federal Government to obey court orders and release Zakzaky on bail instead of detaining him perpetually without trial

He said, “I have already expressed this opinion almost a year ago that in the absence of anything that I know, apart from the fact that everybody is aware of, I think the best option is to release him, even if it is on bail”.

“That is better instead of keeping him there and using him as an attraction for these gatherings that are disrupting everywhere and creating a level of anger and emotions that can upset the society and create unnecessary tension”.

“Except if there is something we don’t know, I really don’t see why he is being kept for all these years. That is my sincere view” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/release-elzakzaky-sagay-advises-fg/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

1 Like

Re: Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG by Bolustical: 6:47am On Jul 12, 2019
Seen
Re: Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG by yipata: 6:52am On Jul 12, 2019
Sagay.. U sure die. I know you dont mince truth or words.
Re: Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG by teadrake(m): 6:52am On Jul 12, 2019
I have tremendous respect for this man but I think Prof need to sound this very bell more louder to the ears of PMB. They should release this man or we may have another looming trouble to deal with.
Have seen his followers?? They're fearless; they're ready to die for the man.
Re: Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG by nototribalist: 7:04am On Jul 12, 2019
Useless man, now you're awake

2 Likes

Re: Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG by sebali: 7:16am On Jul 12, 2019
After 5yrs sagay finally made sense.
Re: Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG by bastardmod: 7:19am On Jul 12, 2019
Useless idiot. Na now your day break abi?
Re: Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG by allcomage: 7:20am On Jul 12, 2019
Buhari has done more damnable evils than any other presidents before him. He has made zoo more dignified than Nigeria for not obeying court orders.
Re: Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG by Racoon(m): 7:22am On Jul 12, 2019
Guess Sagay is just waking up to the lawlessness of the govt he has been part of?? One day Sagay will be on the receiving end too.Foolish man!

1 Like

Re: Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG by jlinkd78(m): 7:25am On Jul 12, 2019
This would have been quite commendable from Sagay but considering his unpatriotic n selfish position on burning national issues in this govt I still believe that this SAN has lost all my respect. Everybody knows that d FG has no iota of reason to incarcerate the Shiite leader and freeing him is d only choice. I stand with Shiites and I commend their defiant spirit

1 Like

Re: Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG by iammo(m): 7:37am On Jul 12, 2019
grin

Sakamaje... doesn't he have direct access to Buhari? why are this people always playing to the gallery and fools hailing them

Re: Release Elzakzaky Now , Sagay Advises FG by aolawale025: 7:49am On Jul 12, 2019
For the first time, I agree with Sagay

(1) (Reply)

Please Someone Clear Me On The Following: House Leader, Minority Whip Etc / Nnamdi Kanu Prophecies / Coalition That Fought Biafra In 1967 Has Collapsed, You Can’t Win Any War Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.