Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,655 members, 7,948,486 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Army Inaugurates Court-martial To Prosecute 21 Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Inaugurates Court-martial To Prosecute 21 Soldiers (265 Views)

Army Major UJ Undianyede ‘Commits Suicide’ 3 Days To Court-Martial Verdict / Boko Haram: Major-General Adeniyi To Face Court-Martial / Major-General Hakeem Otiki Dismissed For Stealing By Army Court Martial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Inaugurates Court-martial To Prosecute 21 Soldiers by zakim(m): 7:10am On Jul 12, 2019
The theatre commander of Operations Lafiya Dole, the military’s unit fighting the insurgency war, Major-Gen. Benson Akinroluyo, yesterday in Maiduguri, Borno State, inaugurated a court-martial to try 21 soldiers for various offences. He said the offences committed were administrative and operational in nature.

The general court-martial is headed by Brig.-Gen Abdulahi Ibrahim at Maimalanri Cantonment in Maiduguri. Akinroluyo urged the president of court-martial to ensure fairness, equity and justice in discharging the duty.“Military is an institution known for maintenance of discipline and decorum in a way of doing things.

This informs my decision to convey this general court martial under my command by the power conferred on me as a commander under section 131 sub-section 2 (d) of the Army Forces act cap (a) 20 laws of federation Nigeria 2004. “I know there are 21 accused persons that are to go for this trial, the details are best known to the prosecution and defence counsels.

The offenses are either operational or administrative in matters and the details are known to them; it is aimed to enhance discipline within the theatre. It is a court, so, I don’t influence it as soon as I inaugurate it, I explore them to work in equity, fairness and justice. “This court doesn’t have any special interests to serve rather than the routine duty within the realm of regimentations.

Nobody has anything to fear as the court will carry out its proceeding in accordance with detailed extant rules and regulations,”Akinroluyo said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/army-inaugurates-court-martial-to-prosecute-21-soldiers.html
Re: Army Inaugurates Court-martial To Prosecute 21 Soldiers by Emrixx(f): 7:23am On Jul 12, 2019
Re: Army Inaugurates Court-martial To Prosecute 21 Soldiers by StillX10(m): 7:38am On Jul 12, 2019
If the names of these 21 persons are to be published you see them mostly Christians

(1) (Reply)

. / “I Prefer Being Senator, Not Minister” / El-zakzaky: Shi’ites Speak On Clash With Police, Reveal Those Behind Killing Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.