Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,027 members, 7,886,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 04:38 PM

A Story By Tayo Olabowale (feyiwrites) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story By Tayo Olabowale (feyiwrites) (418 Views)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Story By Tayo Olabowale (feyiwrites) by FeyiWrites(f): 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2019
#THE UNVEILING (Episode 5)

Written by: Tayo Olabowale.

"Here we are!" Tolu announced as he came down from the car and opened the door for Ore.
Tolu's house is very nice, the decor was very classy.

"Thank you, you have a nice apartment!" Ore said to Tolu.
"Thank you, queen!"
Ore couldn't resist the temptation to laugh out loud, "who's your queen?".
"You na!"

Paul, who had just opened the gate for Tolu, leaned on the coconut tree beside the gate and watched the two would-be lovers whisper something he could barely hear.
"Welcome Bro!" He said..
"Yeah! Pastor Paul, this is the Ore I have been telling you about." He said, holding Ore's hand.
Paul was amazed, he stretched his hands forward to Ore for a hand shake
"Good evening ma, so you are my brother's friend, my brother has told me a lot about you and I'm pleased to meet you Miss Ore, I do enjoy your talk shows.."
"Good evening to you, It can only be God. it's nice meeting you too." Ore smiled.

"Yeah! let's go in." Tolu held Ore's hand.
Paul moved closer to his brother and whispered "Brotherly, you are lucky o, celeb lawon eleyii". (This lady is a celebrity.)
"Naughty boy! Thank you!" He pinched him and led Ore in.

"You can have your sit dear." Tolu said and dropped his car keys on the stool beside the cushion chair, Ore was sitting.

"Where is mummy?" Tolu asked Paul who was about to serve Ore a glass of water.
"She's in the kitchen...I told her you are coming home with a friend for dinner....But I did not tell her who the person is."..

"Oh! that's good of you..Smart lad! and dad?!"

"He is upstairs, he said he want to read the book I got from Sister Bola for my birthday.!"
"Wow! that's great. What's the title?"
"The Spiritual Man by Watchman Nee" Paul replied.
"Oh! Okay!' Tolu looked away, he seemed not to be interested in the book.

Mrs Damijo walked in.. "Paul, go to the kitchen and empty the dirts into the trash bin"

"Okay ma".

"Good evening mum!" Tolu walked up to his mother who was looking stressed kind of. Ore who had been busy with her phone, looked up and saw Mrs Damijo.
"Evening dear, so you planned coming with a friend for dinner and you did not inform me?" She said as she dropped a tray containing apples on the dinning table.
"I'm sorry mum, I only wanted to surprise you and dad. This is Ore, my friend. Ore, meet my mum."

"Good evening ma" Ore greeted bending her kneels.
"Evening my dear, how are you?"
"I'm fine ma." Ore said bowing her head, the shy part of her reflected.
Mrs Damijo drew her close, "Welcome, how are your parents and how is work too?"
"They are fine ma. Work is fine too"

Mrs Damijo turned to Tolu, so she's your friend?
"Yes mum!" (Tolu grinned)
"and that's all?" She pestered...
"Yes mummy!" Tolu answered with his tongue in his cheeks.
"Ore, Tolu is just a friend?" She asked
"Yes ma." Ore replied in affirmative.

While they got talking, Mr Damijo walked into the living room..
"Dad is here" Paul said while he nudged his mum.
"Good evening sir" Tolu, Paul and Ore chorused.
"Evening" Mr Damijo replied..
Mrs Damijo also greeted and he responded as well, he looked at Ore for some seconds and broke the silence..
"Are you Oreoluwa Davis?"
"Oh! Yes sir, I am!" Ore was shocked, she began panic.
Tolu knew what his father meant, he signaled to Ore and whispered.
"Calm down! Be fine."

"Wow! I'm so pleased to meet you in person. I love your talk-shows, especially the one you held about two weeks ago, errrrmmm "Gra..." Mr Damijo couldn't remember..
"Gratitude sir!" Ore said while she heaved a sigh of relieve.
Mrs Damijo cuts in "What a small world. I wouldn't have recognized you if I had met you elsewhere, you look quite beautiful in reality."
"Thank you ma!." Ore said.
Tolu then introduced Ore to his dad. After ten minutes of laughter, amazement and all..ld".. Tolu who had noticed his parents were engrossed withe the conversation, he interrupted

"Mum and dad, the food is getting cold"..

They all giggled and walked to the dininng room. After dinner, Tolu announced that Ore would leave for her house soon.

As Ore was about standing to take her leave, Mr Damijo turned to his son and asked "Tolu, is she just a friend or there's more to it?"
Ore bowed her head now feeling uncomfortable.
"She's just a friend, dad!"
Mr & Mrs Damijo smiled and bade her, goodbye.
Curtain falls.
The Nelson's Family! (Ore's spiritual parents)
"Honey, here's your tea!" Mrs Nelson served her husband. "You look worried" she asked. "Not really, it's a been a while I heard from Ore, how is she doing?" Mr Nelson replied.
"She's doing well by God's grace I trust, but it's been a while I heard from her too!" She affirmed.
"I need to see her, it's really urgent.."
"I hope all is well sir?" She asked..
"By His grace it is, the Lord gave me a message for her after I saw her groping in darkness last night. I have prayed for her but I need to give her the message ...."
"Wow! the devil is a liar. She would be at church on Monday, I'll inform her." Mrs Nelson replied.
"All right, let us keep praying for her, everything will be fine."
"Amen! Would you like to take your food now?" She asked..
"No, later. Thank you!"

#Tobecontinued
#Feyiwrites
#TheUnveiling.

-Tayo Olabowale

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Infinite Rangers: Wing Force / The Foolish Ruler / About To Start New Story On My Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.