Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,754 members, 7,889,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:03 PM

How To Reconfigure My Netgear Extender If I Replaced My Router - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Reconfigure My Netgear Extender If I Replaced My Router (869 Views)

Why Is My Netgear Orbi Router Not Connecting To Satellite? / How To Reconfigure My Netgear Extender? / How To Reconfigure My Netgear Extender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Reconfigure My Netgear Extender If I Replaced My Router by jasonmiller: 6:58am On Jul 13, 2019
Have you just replaced your router or gateway device? If yes, you need to reconfigure your WiFi extender. In case you own a Netgear extender, you can reconfigure it in the same manner as you did for the first time. There are two ways to do so: mywifiext local web GUI and WPS connection. Let's dig a little deeper.

1. Using Web GUI
If you want to use the extender's default web GUI to reconfigure it, follow the steps in the exact order they are mentioned below:
First of all, reset your Netgear WiFi range extender to the default factory settings.
For resetting, press and hold the reset button on your extender.
Now, the extender will reboot so you have to wait for some time.
Connect your extender to the default SSID.
After that, launch any web browser and go to the extender setup page. On the off chance that the extender setup page doesn't open, it is recommended to contact the experts at any time.
Fill in the required details and create an account.
Once done, click on the Continue button.
You will see Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard on your screen.
Enter the network password to connect to the router's network.
Next, you need to set the SSID or network name and password of your new extender WiFi network.
Click on the Next button to continue.
A network list will show on the screen.
Now, connect your wireless devices to the new extender's WiFi network using the SSID and password you have set up previously.
Finally, click on the Continue button to complete the extender reconfiguration process.
Now, move to your extender anywhere you like. Connect all your wired and wireless devices to the new, extended WiFi network and enjoy uninterrupted HD streaming, online gaming, web browsing, online shopping, and much more.
In case you can't reconfigure your Netgear extender using this web GUI method, opt for the WPS one given below.
2. WPS Connection
Do you know how to setup Netgear extender using WPS? Well, the reconfiguration process is same as that of the setup one. In case your new router or gateway provides support for WEP wireless encryption, then the WPS method is the best to go with. Here are the complete steps to follow:
First and foremost, place your extender and new router or gateway in the same room.
Also, keep in mind to place the extender away from electronic devices, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and other devices which produce electromagnetic waves.
Now, press the WPS button on your new router and extender.
Check the WPS LED on your WiFi range extender.
In case the LED is turned on, your extender has successfully connected to your new router's WiFi network.
If the LED is off, various technical issues are a reason behind it. Resolve all of them right away by getting in touch with the experts at toll-free 1-866-504-8616.
On the off chance that your router supports dual-band, repeat the same steps to configure the 5GHz network. Now, you can place your Netgear WiFi range extender to anywhere in the home.
In this way, you can reconfigure your Netgear extender if you replaced your router or gateway device. In case of any queries, reach out to us via the comments section below.

Re: How To Reconfigure My Netgear Extender If I Replaced My Router by Nortonlogin: 6:48am On Feb 22, 2020
Netgear Extender Setup is your initial move towards encountering the maximum capacity of these world-class switches. Basically, click on the button and pursue the connection for Netgear Extender Login Setup.

Re: How To Reconfigure My Netgear Extender If I Replaced My Router by mywifiexthelp(m): 11:21am On Apr 16, 2020
Mywifiext Setup helpline Number 1-866-988-8965

(1) (Reply)

5G Already In Usage In Norway (see) / Disassembled My 10 Year Old Laptop. / Greeboiz Nd Yellowboiz New Fbt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.