Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,280 members, 7,887,811 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:19 PM

Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. (94767 Views)

Driver Fleeing From Attack On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Rams Into Truck, Dies / What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? / BLACKLIVESMATTER: Is This What Awaits African-americans Fleeing To South Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Hadampson(m): 9:27am On Jul 25, 2019
sircrabo:

Lol even South Africa is better than our shithole.

but if I ever have an opportunity to choose between usa and any country in the world, I will definitely choose usa. they don't discriminate. anyone can come in and succed in the country. their army is made up people from different parts of the world. also their health care system too accomodate foreigners from different part of the world. you can't adapt so easily in Canada without Canadian work experience. some parts of Canada are also racist

You are wrong. There is no country in the world where you won't see any form of discrimination.

Leave sentiment and say the truth angry

2 Likes

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 25, 2019
pansophist:

You de mind am? His post was laden with sentimentality, emotionally motivated, as opposed to verifiable fact. His love for the US, which coincide with his distaste for the UK, reveal his biases. The day you have to go for a medical surgery that cost Hundreds of thousands, and thousands further for post medication, then you will appreciate a system with free medical healthcare. America my foot. undecided
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
That is how they reason.
U can't blame them, America is always saving the world in movies grin

Europe,Canada and Australia first in everything before America.
Stat don't lie.

I noticed that the whites in my neighbourhood don't lock their doors.
U can walk around here as late as 2pm.
I haven't heard or read of any crime yet. There may be but minute.
I hardly see the police. When u see them, u wonder if they are actually police as they are very friendly and with no gun.
Everything is orderly. Everybody respects himself.
U learn how to speak civilly here by force o.
How to respect the elders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Hadampson(m): 9:31am On Jul 25, 2019
franchasng:
Tell them! UK is a dead country awaiting burial!!

How can you even compare UK with Canada UK can only be compared with Greece, Italy, South Africa, Egypt, Iran, Turkey, etc

This is funny honestly grin

UK is far better than all the countries you mentioned bossman. Say the truth and leave sentiment aside.
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 25, 2019
Hadampson:

You are wrong. There is no country in the world where you won't see any form of discrimination.

Leave sentiment and say the truth angry

U are right but USA discriminate black immigrants more than e.g. London.

It's surprising considering the fact that there are African American.

Even Japan treats black immigrants better.

People troop to USA cos it's easier to enter.
They are screaming at trump cos he is clamping down on illegal immigrants.
Nigerians always want to eat their cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by foster212: 9:48am On Jul 25, 2019
tiger28:
a COUNTRY where a person with the name BARRAK HUSSEIN OBAMA can be PRESIDENT pls try that name in germany or Japan.... Not EVEN uk or Canada. ANYTHING is POSSIBLE for ANYBODY in the USA!
Na this comment sweet me pass. True that.
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by seanwilliam(m): 9:53am On Jul 25, 2019
Duggedised12:
Any country that has relatively stable economy and technology has law and oder,they go hand in hand and that is all a migrant needs ,except you want to join the military force of the said country .
tbh, you knw nothing about the influence of politics and millitary
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Duggedised12(f): 9:59am On Jul 25, 2019
seanwilliam:
tbh, you knw nothing about the influence of politics and millitary
enlighten me then.
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Ugosample(m): 10:02am On Jul 25, 2019
otherway:

U.K don deny this guy visa sotey e don make U.K enemy...
lmao
I wonder why he is blaming Britain
Nigerians destroyed Nigeria
Fact
looking for who to blame is the style of most Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by seanwilliam(m): 10:06am On Jul 25, 2019
Duggedised12:
enlighten me then.
i'm lazy in typing sis. lookup to "influence of millitary and politics on a country" on google
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Duggedised12(f): 10:09am On Jul 25, 2019
seanwilliam:
i'm lazy in typing sis. lookup to "influence of millitary and politics on a country" on google
lol, dont worry ,i dont even have to, was expecting you to tell me how it improves the life of a migrant in practical terms not google, since you are too lazy to type, bye then lol.
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Dbeautifulme(f): 10:10am On Jul 25, 2019
Sirmuel1:
Trump is sweeping out illegal immigrants, and not the ones that migrated legally. By the way, USA is not the only Country in the World.

If i have the opportunity, I would leave Nigeria and never come back again.

Seconded sir!!!! Aye mi oo
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by seanwilliam(m): 10:13am On Jul 25, 2019
Duggedised12:
lol, dont worry ,i dont even have to, was expecting you to tell me how it improves the life of a migrant in practical terms not google, since you are too lazy to type, bye then lol.
try to sis, it will open ur eyes
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Duggedised12(f): 10:14am On Jul 25, 2019
seanwilliam:
try to sis, it will open ur eyes
OK, no knowledge is wasted anyway. thanks, have a nice day.
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Bizibi(m): 10:14am On Jul 25, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
don't mind the op, he is the kind of person that climbs a ladder, then destroy it so that others will not be able to climb up to his level, we know his kind. Self centered and greedy man.
*sigh* Nigerians!!
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Originalsly: 10:17am On Jul 25, 2019
Rollitout:

Can I have your permission to repost this elsewhere as well as on FB ?
Thank you.

Public forum bro!....feel free!.... not copyrighted!
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Ugosample(m): 10:19am On Jul 25, 2019
Bizibi:
*sigh* Nigerians!!
That is the trait many many Nigerians possess
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by kemmylove101: 10:20am On Jul 25, 2019
pDudd:
I know a few illegal immigrants in my neighborhood who are Nigerians. One particular lady introduced my wife to the party life. Now my wife has gone astray and parties every weekend. I have decided to call ICE on her and her family this weekend.
so is their fault that you cant control your wife. stop it. dont give me that excuse.
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Ugosample(m): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2019
I'm thinking of creating a thread tho

about something that has been bothering me for a while
and I see it every country I go both within and more recently outside of Africa

undecided undecided

let me still articulate my points
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Bizibi(m): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2019
Ugosample:

That is the trait many many Nigerians possess
very annoying....
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Originalsly: 10:23am On Jul 25, 2019
yaki84:

Visit first ke?
Visit is meant for alaba, ariaria, onitsha ngwa, sokoto or markudi.
A nigerian cant visit newyork, we dey move to newyork!

I hear you!....hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by luvyaself95(m): 10:28am On Jul 25, 2019
Noel1:

Read my reply to d 1st person that mentioned me.

He's more intelligent than u.

And Never... drag my father's prestige to ur silly conjecture.
you feel like breaking coconut on his head ba
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by luvyaself95(m): 10:31am On Jul 25, 2019
franchasng:
Bring up facts, I am not here to blow my trumpet.

The only thing sustaining UK is sports, education (foreign students money), IELTs and stolen funds from African and Middle-East countries by stupid corrupt African leaders, if not, UK would have died a natural death or facing extreme recession like Greece by now.

Finding work in UK is difficult if you aren't a Nurse, Doctor, etc or be ready to do odd jobs.

Whites work as cleaner at Heathrow airport, it can't happen in USA. Such jobs are done by Mexicans and illegals from South America and few Africans, but due to rising unemployment in UK, white British citizens also do odd jobs because their nation is dying natural death!!
hmmm all is well
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Bizibi(m): 10:34am On Jul 25, 2019
NaijaTushboy:
i love Nigeria and i wish and believe that one day we will also be in the top.
always one day,the same "one day" every year.
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by luvyaself95(m): 10:36am On Jul 25, 2019
franchasng:
hahahahahaha, I can't apply for UK visa in the first place, when I can comfortably work in lol

I just hate UK for the wicked things they did in Nigeria; almagamating Southern Nigeria with blood-sucking, backward Northern Nigeria.

This is what they did in most black African nations; join enemies as one nation, which gave rise to civil wars and corruption and tribalism in black African nations and still they back these corrupt African leaders by welcoming their families in UK and harboring their stolen wealth from black African nations.

UK deserve more terrorist invasion than USA. All those terrorists were supposed to focus more on UK instead of empathetic, passionate USA kiss
Words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by ogbonti: 10:36am On Jul 25, 2019
willian10:

U can actually find a love, not a paid marriage this time

you are missing the point. no one is saying you paid anyone to marry - your marriage could be very genuine, BUT - i am saying, just like genuine travellers to USA get denied visa in Lagos, IF FOR ANY REASON, your application to adjust status get denied, you will not just go home and go try your luck again --- no no no- YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND PLACED ON DEPORTATION PROCESS IMMEDIATELY - if you are very fortunate, they will give you 90 - 180 days to leave and your work permit will be revoked immediately.

many people who even have kids with their spouses get denied - IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MARRIAGE BEING GENUINE OR NOT, IT IS ABOUT WHAT THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER INTERVIEWING YOU THINKS ABOUT YOUR SITUATION - I use to work in a law office so I saw alot of people in tears and almost running mad ---- some will be talking to themselves, like -- wetin I do, God wetin I do this world, how can they say I am lying bla bla bla---- my guy, who no go no know!!!!
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Axiwaju(m): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2019
Sirmuel1:

Keep deceiving yourself. If you were a citizen in Canada, you won't talk this way
lol drake is a Canadian and Also Justin Beiber.. They don't wanna go back to that weak ass shit country
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Ugosample(m): 10:42am On Jul 25, 2019
ogbonti:

you are missing the point. no one is saying you paid anyone to marry - your marriage could be very genuine, BUT - i am saying, just like genuine travellers to USA get denied visa in Lagos, IF FOR ANY REASON, your application to adjust status get denied, you will not just go home and go try your luck again --- no no no- YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND PLACED ON DEPORTATION PROCESS IMMEDIATELY - if you are very fortunate, they will give you 90 - 180 days to leave and your work permit will be revoked immediately.

many people who even have kids with their spouses get denied - IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MARRIAGE BEING GENUINE OR NOT, IT IS ABOUT WHAT THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER INTERVIEWING YOU THINKS ABOUT YOUR SITUATION - I use to work in a law office so I saw alot of people in tears and almost running mad ---- some will be talking to themselves, like -- wetin I do, God wetin I do this world, how can they say I am lying bla bla bla---- my guy, who no go no know!!!!

oh really?

that's unfortunate

Trumps body odor at work I believe
.But will it be the same if it was the spouse visa that person applied for?

like get married in Nigeria
The USC goes back and then file for the husband

I believe that is better than adjusting status
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Ugosample(m): 10:45am On Jul 25, 2019
Axiwaju:

lol drake is a Canadian and Also Justin Beiber..
They don't wanna go back to that weak ass shit country
just so you know

about 600k American citizens live in Canada

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Nostradamus: 10:50am On Jul 25, 2019
franchasng:
People should never doubt if America is the greatest country on earth because America is the number 1 country in the world today, why

1.) America has the highest number of billionaires in the world followed by China with times 3 of their population

2.) America has the richest companies in the world that also employs the highest number of workers from all over the world!

3.) America owns the most number of internet and ICT companies that have empowered, employed and enriched people from all over the world, these companies include - Google (AdSense, YouTube, admob, etc), Fiverr, upwork, blogger, WordPress, Amazon, eBay, affiliate marketing companies like clickbank, SFI, commission junction, woocommerce, bigcommerce, pinterest, shopify,Twitter, fotolia, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc, etc, just name it

Without these companies people like Linda Ikeji, Perez Hilton, etc would have been poor and wretched.

4.) American lottery: America is the only country in the whole world that opened their doors to everybody whether you went to school or not, they just gave people opportunity to come into America free of charge, no writing nonsense IELTs, this and that like useless countries like UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, Denmark, etc are doing to frustrate and milk poor people from poor countries in the name of skilled migrant visa program.

American Visa lottery alone empowered millions of Nigerians and people from all over the world. It lifted millions of Nigerians from abject poverty.

America is the greatest country in the world, may God bless America always!! kiss

Whatever that will help America remain great I will do and willing to do because America is a wonderful, empathetic and humane nation that cares for others unlike stupid United Kingdom and the rest of other useless, stupid nations of Europe angry
and worthless Nigeria.
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by ogbonti: 10:50am On Jul 25, 2019
Ugosample:

oh really?

that's unfortunate

Trumps body odor at work I believe
.But will it be the same if it was the spouse visa that person applied for?

like get married in Nigeria
The USC goes back and then file for the husband

I believe that is better than adjusting status

I am not an Immigration Attorney and so I do not have the information you will need if you are in such a position. This practice off immediate deportation for FAILED INTERVIEWS did not start with Trump, It has been a long time practice. I worked at an Attorney's office way back in 1999, that was when I saw these things happen and it is still going on till today, because AMERICANS HATE TO BE LIED TO, ESPECIALLY TO THE AUTHORITIES - you see how Trumps's Layer Michael Cohen is serving jail time for lying. All I will advise you is DO THE RIGHT THING - do not plan to scam the system, and pray to God- never assume because you are doing the right thing, that you will be rewarded accordingly- it doesn't work that way - just like genuine visa applicants get denied visas also -- just like very talented and educated people fail job interviews

TO FAIL IS NOT A BAD THING, the difference here is that FAILURE COMES WITH DEPORTATION!!!! but if one fails any US process in Nigeria, at least you can walk home freely - worse case they will ban the person from applying for a while - but while on US soil, if you are caught lying, it comes with penalties, because then you are under the US jurisdiction

JUST DO THE GENUINE THING - DO IT RIGHT - PRAY TO GOD, HOPE FOR THE BEST WHILE EXPECTING THE WORST! - be blessed!
Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by ogbonti: 10:56am On Jul 25, 2019
alphaNomega:

I like the way you explained the healthcare

Thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. by Hadampson(m): 10:56am On Jul 25, 2019
SIRTee15:

Now u beginning to talk nonsense....
Most likely out of ignorance coupled with hatred...
My friend's wife works in financial compliance sector in uk and earns 90 thousand pound a year. The amazing thing is she works from home....
She was born and grew up in uk, the same people u calling to leave....
I doubt any other ountry can offer her such wages with good working flexibility....

Then u talking about billionaires in usa....
How many billionaires are in usa...600
So what happen to the rest....
For your info, USA has the worst median income among developed nations.....
The country is so skewed to favour only the rich and few upper middle class....
U can't work in Wal-Mart or MacDonald and make something out of your life....
Student loan debt is real and is becoming a huge burden on fresh graduate....
The American dream is gone, the greedy Corporate globalist in wall street killed it....
America now cater only for its wealthy n powerful....
The average American is left behind, dropping from middle class to working class....

The american quality of life for average citizens sucks...
Unless your kids attend expensive private schools, they are better off in Mayflower, ikenne or any nigerian FG unity schools....
American public education has now been declared a disaster...
I don't even want to talk about healthcare. Last year, over 500 thousand Americans travelled abroad to receive medical treatment in 3rd world nations like India, Mexico, Brazil, Thailand etc...
Potholes are now regular sight on American highway....
Yet u had the nerve to attack uk on its infrastructure.....
Trump himself lamented on American crumbling infrastructure....
UK is planning it's 3rd high speed rail that will link London to Scotland....
Your almighty america is hoping to have its first HSR in 2029...
Even the so called social mobility is being a mirage for most Americans....
Right now in the USA, the system is designed in such a way that if u are rich u can never become poor.... and if u are poor, it's going to be extremely difficult for u to be rich....

This is 2019, there's no perfect country anymore...
Even most developed western nations have come to accept that reality....
America has its great side- good career progression, better opportunities in most career fields, strong IT sector, good universities, great centre for innovation n creativity....
But don't make it look like other countries are shitty or lags behind...
America is not even among the top 15 most prosperous nations anymore...
It's number 17 while uk u claim is shitty is 7...

Spot on smiley cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply)

To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) / Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.